Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone will or should get bashed for liking this figure. HT's has just set the bar so high, it is unexpected when one will have to find poses to hide flaws in craftsmanship. While I will absolutely be getting this I had hoped for more. I really anticipate the pics from OMG to improve upon these earlier pics by quite a bit.

Ok, these new pics look so much better. If anything, it's not any worse than the prototype with some minor improvements. The webbing looks really good, the rectangular patterns are smaller and the correct scale this time and the chest logo is thinner though still too small for me. Fabric boots are a nice touch. Body looks a little to muscular but it was like that in the proto.

I guess it will look pretty good in dynamic poses. It's not a homerun but it's the best Spidey so far. I mean it this came out a few years ago, we would be worshiping it and licking its web.

It's just that HT is so damn good that our expectation are sometimes unrealistically high.

Don't forget guys, that any flaws on macro are just that; magnified. In person, I'm sure it looks way better.

Man, look at the wonky stitch on the chin... this make me sad, i really like how the prototype pics looked... But again, i will wait until someone that isn't a dingbat takes better and poses the figure to make my final judgment.

M.

Why are you being insulting to the person who took and posted the pics , he was doing everyone a favor by posting them.

Looks pretty good. I just think these pics weren't properly futzed. The tightness of the body suit that is stretching out the seams is a little concerning, though. Will the fabric give way one day?

Implying that I said otherwise? :dunno

no not at all man.

just others who were up in arms against me for simply saying to stop assuming and wait. pages and pages of this thread dedicated to the moaning that he wouldnt have articulated feet.

I don't think some people realize how hard it is to make a skin tight full body suit look good in 1/6 especially with the pattern and webbing and make it look close to the 1:1 prop.

Give me this over the Medi any day.

I still think the hands should have been articulated just like iron man's and then covered it with fabric attached along with the body..it looks too obvious that the hands are plastic and body clothed..

putting that issue aside I honestly think that Spidey looks great..its not easy getting perfect stitching in 1/6 scale, with proper futzing and TT posing adjustments I'm sure it'll look like a smoooooth spidey.

In fact I'm surprised they could even successfully print the spidey patterns on the cloth. great job HT!

Man! I didn't exactly find the faults with the figure till I started reading the opinions. Now I have started to dislike it; but I do not want to :( If we go on bashing Parker like this, I will certainly ask the guy from whom I pre-ordered to cancel it!!

Just back home! The box itself is a piece of art. I can just sit and look at the box for hrs. :cuckoo:

Oh, Dont spent crazy money for this, there are tons of HK ebayers PO TONS of spider man @ Toyhunters, just wait a few week and the price may end up below retail like BL and Jill figure.

And the figure itself look amazing, may be I'm lucky to get a almost perfect one. :panic:

Toys Daily:

IMG_5722.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

The first set of pics look a little rough but much of that has to do with the fact that the arms are turned in such a way that the wider portion is facing towards us rather than being turned sideways. Still, I think HT should have went with a standard arm over the ATT guns... Spidey isn't that buff!

I think the mask is going to be hit and miss. It will be interesting to see the various heads as more pics hit, but if there are some that are "perfect", as OMG said his appears to be, while others are more along the lines of the first shots, that seem to have a camel toe looking chin, there will be some disappointed folks out there! Glad I ordered through SSC.... I'll just send him back if I get camel toe chin. :lecture

Back