Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this movie does The Terminator films justice. IDK why they need an old Arnie, just use a cgi young Arnie for the whole movie. :dunno
Yeah T3 was enough Arnold as an aged terminator, there sure must be at least 1 person that looks almost exactly like him..

I just want July to come fast to see how it turned out... Also curious how the HT Genesys figures will look

Not much of a revelation. It was already beyond a doubt that the Tech Noir costume was going to be in the movie but CG Arnold isn't going to be wearing it so who gives a crap. The real opportunity is wasted.

Why would CG Arnold not be wearing it? I think people are assuming he won't get a chance to suit up due to how the trailer was cut, but trailers can be deceiving.

Then again, you may know more about it than I, as I checked out of the Genisys thread when people started posting too much info about the story.

Further info did come to light which confirmed that the CG Arnold doesn't even get a chance to get dressed. It seems to me they made things more awkward and limiting for themselves by writing it that way as well as throwing away a huge opportunity to show a full-on 'punk' T-800. (which Hot Toys might have made a figure of, now obviously they won't)

That article thinks we're going to be excited about catching a glimpse of the outfit on the random punk just fleeing the scene? Compare that to the excitement we might have had seeing it on ''Arnold''.

Last edited:
Further info did come to light which confirmed that the CG Arnold doesn't even get a chance to get dressed. It seems to me they made things more awkward and limiting for themselves by writing it that way as well as throwing away a huge opportunity to show a full-on 'punk' T-800. (which Hot Toys might have made a figure of, now obviously they won't)

That article thinks we're going to be excited about catching a glimpse of the outfit on the random punk just fleeing the scene? That's quite a bit of a way off the excitement we could have had seeing it on Arnie again.

Well a punk 2.0 is not entirely out of the question, its possible they could do it and call it a movie Promo edition as they have done from time to time, that would however make it tough to get and likely very expensive to boot, I for one would be hovering on sideshows website refreshing it like a madman:panic:

Well a punk 2.0 is not entirely out of the question
judging by what they've done to head size, skin smoothness and face shape on MMS238 that's what you're gonna get:

901004_press07-001%20copy_zpsgqvyjvkv.jpg~original

That article thinks we're going to be excited about catching a glimpse of the outfit on the random punk just fleeing the scene? Compare that to the excitement we might have had seeing it on ''Arnold''.

Boooo. Wasted opportunity IMO.

I really hope this movie does The Terminator films justice. IDK why they need an old Arnie, just use a cgi young Arnie for the whole movie. :dunno
that whole "aging terminator" is ******** because aging is a nature's bug specifically added to genome to let generations change. there is no way skynet would add that bug for no purpose.
and another thing - a fresh terminator's flesh is zero years old, it didn't collect all those free radicals that kill our bodies for first 35 years (that's the approx "age" of T1) because it didn't live in any hostile environment (eating included).
and the third thing - T2 looking "old" compared to T1 just proves what i say. lookout is just shaped in any way skynet wants, like tsang shapes all his predaturds from the same can of plastic.
cameron didn't come up with any "aging" for his T2, though sketches clearly define that he should be same big/young as T1. that "explanation" is cheap.

Last edited:
judging by what they've done to head size, skin smoothness and face shape on MMS238 that's what you're gonna get:

901004_press07-001%20copy_zpsgqvyjvkv.jpg~original

oh man i just chocked on my cereals lol

As for commando, so far the body will be too small again.
They are using the no sleeves Thor's body wich is as big as a ttm20.
The only correctly proportioned bodies are Man of Steel Zod and Supes.

oh man i just chocked on my cereals lol

As for commando, so far the body will be too small again.
They are using the no sleeves Thor's body wich is as big as a ttm20.
The only correctly proportioned bodies are Man of Steel Zod and Supes.

This is the body I'm taking about

MMS276-John-Matrix-5.jpg

150921yyrw3ir2g00orrrm.jpg

Last edited:
that whole "aging terminator" is ******** because aging is a nature's bug specifically added to genome to let generations change. there is no way skynet would add that bug for no purpose.
and another thing - a fresh terminator's flesh is zero years old, it didn't collect all those free radicals that kill our bodies for first 35 years (that's the approx "age" of T1) because it didn't live in any hostile environment (eating included).
and the third thing - T2 looking "old" compared to T1 just proves what i say. lookout is just shaped in any way skynet wants, like tsang shapes all his predaturds from the same can of plastic.
cameron didn't come up with any "aging" for his T2, though sketches clearly define that he should be same big/young as T1. that "explanation" is cheap.

But....but....it's still just cloned human flesh no? It should still be bound by the laws of nature no? Unless by that time humans or Skynet had cracked the ageing process, i.e - eliminated this 'bug' - then surely it will still age.

But....but....it's still just cloned human flesh no?
no, because cloned would mean full working muscles and widespread blood system, while T-800 just has a layer of flesh over metal muscles with no blood pressure in it. it's not human flesh. there's no such thing as "human flesh layer" - we have either muscles or fat/epidermis and so on. a terminator almost doesn't have those.
all that flesh is a completely artificial construction, though alive.
best example is the eye that T1 cuts out. it looks exactly like an eye on the outside... but it is just an empty half-sphere of biological material matching color of an eyeball. it doesn't work, and if it was a cloned eye, it would be an eye.
everything is connected and cross-dependant in an organism built by billions of years of evolution. if terminator's outer layer was a double of human construction, including aging, a terminator would have no place for endoskeleton.

for example: did you see any bone marrow in crashed terminator's "bones"? without bone marrow he cannot replace old/dead blood.
did you see any blood fountains? imagine somebody cut the eye & arm like T1 did or made a major arm cut like T2 did. he would loose all his blood in minutes. cyborgs didn't. no blood pressure => no function of blood => no NEED of that function because nothing common to nature products, everything's artificial.
and if skynet can crack the time/space mystery and made a liquid metal capable of copying live flesh (John's stepfather didn't notice anything wrong in his wife - imagine yourself standing next to a cold robot instead of a warm human with all those subtle odours), there's no way it couldn't produce alive matter from scratch and make it match human appearance.

aging is not a feature of flesh, it is a feature of a complete functioning organism, terminator's flesh doesn't fit those conditions => it's not a cloned organism, it's just shaped variants of material. of course it would weather over years - or may be even over weeks, because there is actually no reason for skynet to make everlasting flesh for cyborgs who will be damaged after every bunker destroying, it's easier to replace the layer after every unnatural damage. but it would not age into an old man with hanging muscles which lost its tonus, because there are no muscles.

he would be either eternal (if the "outer layer organism" is fully self-sufficient) or very temporary (if skynet deliberately didn't give his terminators all our organs and glands supporting our immunity for decades until we gather enough damages from outer nature and our cells start failing to reproduce), but in any way it won't repeat human aging due to nothing common in complexity of human organisms (or any other organisms of our cycle - mammals).

Last edited:
Hmm, unless anyone else wants to weigh in I think P. has stripped away any plausibility Genisys had. The aged Terminator was the one thing I thought was defensible about this film and now......maybe not so much. :lol

Hmm, unless anyone else wants to weigh in I think P. has stripped away any plausibility Genisys had. The aged Terminator was the one thing I thought was defensible about this film and now......maybe not so much. :lol

Well P does make a good argument in terms of what the Terminator is but the issue becomes actual reality where the actor does age, not many ways to get around that and CGI though a whole movie would be to costly and time consuming so you ether accept the movies excuse logic or don't bother watching it, we all assume this will not be a good movie and likely it won't be, but until we see it that's still up in the air.

As much as I love Arnold, forcing him to fit into a role and changing the rules to make that happen will likely turn out bad, I've said it before but the best course would have been to continue on from the Salvation story, that way most of the terminators would not have skin, just battle field units, maybe a new actor to play an infiltrator unit wouldn't hurt ether and would fit the plot better seeing as in T1 Kyle had to wait till the T-800 made his move before he could spot him meaning they could look different, they could sprinkle in some CGI Arnold for the end where he goes into the Time Machine headed for 1984.

Sci-FI it is what it is. If Skynet was able to construct an infiltrator unit to mimic a human with bad breath BO etc it's not difficult to imagine Skynet making the T-800 with a human like skin that was also developed to artificially age for possible long term infiltration.

Food for thought, remember in T1 the Terminator started to rot and smell bad and that skin was beging to decay kinda like aging dying.

Last edited:
Back