Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man! Legendary indeed! Hehe
Well, the endo technically already arrived... Its in my cousins house in miami...
It will be arriving on april 30 to my home in Ecuador...
Ill be writing and posting pics as soon i get it!

If I had to sell the Tech Noir or the Battle Damaged fig, I know it wouldn't be this guy.

images

Guys, i had a question, once i switch the 136 body with the 238, i noticed the neck was bigger on the 238... The head still fits, but the neck peg doesn't seem to be attaching...
Do all of you just have the head sitting in the neck place just by force? Or did you get longer neck pegs?

Guys, i had a question, once i switch the 136 body with the 238, i noticed the neck was bigger on the 238... The head still fits, but the neck peg doesn't seem to be attaching...
Do all of you just have the head sitting in the neck place just by force? Or did you get longer neck pegs?

Personally I wouldn't give the MMS136 a 238 body. I did briefly have one using it but I couldn't stand the skintone difference - the 238 neck is more tanned than the 136 face if memory serves. But if you need to go this route then, yeah, possibly you need a longer neck peg - if the adaptor is sitting too deep down in the neck.

I lost track of many of the different incompatibilities and switches I had to pull when putting together all my bashes.

I think it's still the best Arnie they've ever done. I used to have DX13 in high regard, but after owning 136, I've jumped ship.

I think it's still the best Arnie they've ever done. I used to have DX13 in high regard, but after owning 136, I've jumped ship.

The DX13 is pretty awesome too, but yeah. For a straight up solid pre damaged T-Arnold value for money set - this guy is no.1 :rock

Pretty much agreed. I just can't get over the hair on DX13 and also the artistic liberties they took on the battle-damage areas have annoyed me more over time. So my preference has shifted back to MMS136, especially with the new pants and boots from MMS238. It too was a reasonably well-packed release, I think it captured the proportions pretty well and the heads, even with that squashed look, convey the character very well.

I wanted to love the MMS 238 set, but it left me underwhelmed.

Even setting aside sculpt and body weaknesses it just wasn't a very complete set compared to the others. Neither allowing for a fully clean look or a fully BD look, and completely forgetting that his right arm and hand should have been bandaged up underneath the outfit. The other releases covered just about everything from the particular parts of the movies they were based on. MMS238 didn't.

It should have been a DX and included the extra stuff. Heck, not like the rolling eye would have harmed the likeness much, it's kinda vague anyway. In fact the ability to turn the eye on the full BD head for the 'Get out' scene would have been a real boost to the figure.

Last edited:
Pretty much.

One of the big deal breakers for me, was the lack of any kind of 'dead' look to the skin & overall texturing of the heads.

I have grave fears for a source faithful old school Endo - or if one gets made at all.

The DX13 is pretty awesome too, but yeah. For a straight up solid pre damaged T-Arnold value for money set - this guy is no.1 :rock

I forgot who said it, but 136 perfectly captured the "ferocity" of Arnie from the film.

Pretty much agreed. I just can't get over the hair on DX13 and also the artistic liberties they took on the battle-damage areas have annoyed me more over time. So my preference has shifted back to MMS136, especially with the new pants and boots from MMS238. It too was a reasonably well-packed release, I think it captured the proportions pretty well and the heads, even with that squashed look, convey the character very well.

My biggest complaint, is the jam and jelly blood. At least it was better done with 238. I just wish they would get out of this afro look already.

I wanted to love the MMS 238 set, but it left me underwhelmed.

Fat head and thin body bug me the most.

Pretty much.

One of the big deal breakers for me, was the lack of any kind of 'dead' look to the skin & overall texturing of the heads.

I have grave fears for a source faithful old school Endo - or if one gets made at all.

Yeah that's a problem with any Terminator perfectionist. The custom paintjobs really brought that dead look out. It shouldn't have color on it's skin whatsoever.

Back