Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a way you are right, T1 could be made, as in a director or studio could make it. However the chances of there being a backlash is far greater than 1984.

Oh if you're just talking backlashes or people complaining then yeah, I'm sure Terminator would have gotten some press regarding some of the specifics of its violence if it came out today.

Last edited:
Oh if you're just talking backlashes or people complaining then yeah, I'm sure Terminator would have gotten some press regarding some of the specifics of its violence if it came out today.

Yeah, I probably should have worded it "You couldn't get away with making this scene today" instead of "You couldn't make this today."

However I'm glad T1 was made in 84. The look of the film is what makes it special, and it would look too polished today. Hell, even T2 has a cleaner look than T1 and I don't mean that as a knock against T2, just an observation.

P.S Khev, did you get the Star Spangled Captain America?

Yeah, I probably should have worded it "You couldn't get away with making this scene today" instead of "You couldn't make this today."

However I'm glad T1 was made in 84. The look of the film is what makes it special, and it would look too polished today. Hell, even T2 has a cleaner look than T1 and I don't mean that as a knock against T2, just an observation.

Agreed. Visually speaking T2 seems like more of a sequel to The Abyss than The Terminator. Both The Abyss and T2 actually looked really cool but I kind of feel like T1/ALIENS are of one mind/filmmaking mentality and The Abyss/T2 are of another.

P.S Khev, did you get the Star Spangled Captain America?

I haven't yet. I feel like I should at some point but haven't felt the urgency to get him just yet based on pics.

Thanks guys. Also, the Bruce Lee DX04 Diorama Background is an awesome all purpose background for many figures.

Here's a really bad pic, but I was trying to do something with a laser pointer to get it looking like it's from the gun. It's very difficult to hold the laser pointer and the camera and take a decent picture.

terminatorWrong.jpg

600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-8.jpg

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Back