Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another pic of my T-RIP.

eyb7.jpg

Well I git him at the start of the year brand new for £180 or maybe £190 I can't quite remember but I have seen him up to around the £220 mark recently.

I hope that helps guys.

I haven't seen many go for less than that, and I was on the market for one about a month ago. You might see one for 10% less or so if you get lucky.
Yeah I've seen him for around $250 pretty often. Every now and again I see him in the for sale section for less than that though. I'd like to nab him at some point.

Yeah 250-300 is the average, but I'm actually surprised its not going for more, maybe because a lot of the new collectors are not aware of it and haven't given it a good look. The technoir is likely the best 1/6 terminator made to date, at least in my book. There's really nothing to complain about, everything is well done from the likeness to the outfit to the accessories.

If hot toys were to release this piece today it would cost about 250 easy, top that with fact there's not much that could be done to improve it even with hot toys latest skills, so today prices are not to bad, the piece is well worth it.

Yeah 250-300 is the average, but I'm actually surprised its not going for more, maybe because a lot of the new collectors are not aware of it and haven't given it a good look. The technoir is likely the best 1/6 terminator made to date, at least in my book. There's really nothing to complain about, everything is well done from the likeness to the outfit to the accessories.

If hot toys were to release this piece today it would cost about 250 easy, top that with fact there's not much that could be done to improve it even with hot toys latest skills, so today prices are not to bad, the piece is well worth it.

Yeah, I paid 299 shipped back in March for a new one. This was before I even know about this forum or how to be patient and look for better deals. I don't regret buying it at all. There's only a small number of figures that I have zero remorse buying despite a higher price. T-800, Bank Robber joker are the only ones.

My only real complaint about the figure is the jacket. Its impossible to get it to lay naturally, more like the movie. It almost always looks closed and has a square like shape. Even water treatment doesn't work. I actually have a paperclip holding a fold in the back of the jacket to have it more open in the front. But that's the thing with 1/6 clothes sometimes...

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

My only real complaint about the figure is the jacket. Its impossible to get it to lay naturally, more like the movie. It almost always looks closed and has a square like shape. Even water treatment doesn't work. I actually have a paperclip holding a fold in the back of the jacket to have it more open in the front. But that's the thing with 1/6 clothes sometimes...

:exactly:
Agreed.
To open the jacket up, I pulled the draw strings quite tight in the middle of the jacket, and put some 0.5mm aluminum wire inside the bottom hem of the jacket, but as you can see from my pics below, it still doesnt hang naturally.
I havnt tried water treating it yet though, which I usually do to most of my figures.

SAM_5765.jpg

002-23.jpg

003-19.jpg

Also, I dont like how they gave it a slight pink/purple hue. It should be grey like this -
The_one_and_only_the_terminator.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work TFG.

Seeing that comparison picture really shows I think that HT could do a better job on the T-800.

Don't get me wrong I love this figure and he is currently HT best T-800 bust seeing that picture make you wonder.

This is one soloution I know off.

Soak the jacket in water and spray it with a bit of strong hairspray, maybe use your sister's, wife etc :dunno

Then while still wet put the jacket back on the figure and let it slow dry.

This is one soloution I know off.

Soak the jacket in water and spray it with a bit of strong hairspray, maybe use your sister's, wife etc :dunno

Then while still wet put the jacket back on the figure and let it slow dry.

Good idea mate.
But wouldn't that make the jacket sticky/hard though?
I'll have to give it a try it on an old shirt or something.

Back