Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the case of the head this argument doesnt really hold water. The head wasnt designed to be big, it had to be because it had to be built around the performers head and hold the electrics for movement/lights etc etc.

As an example I used once before - BD T-800, in the movie his face was asymmetrical due to the prosthetics being placed over Arnies face. Would you prefer the fig to be like that or for them to make it more realistic by sinking the endo skull down a little? (thats a genuine question I'm not just being argumentative! :peace)

The dreads are a totally different matter of course :lol

Thats very true. In some shots of T2 wherethe eye really stuck out way too much, it looked very unrealistic. I would prefer more realism over complete movie accuracy. And yea I like Berserker the way it is. Taller would be cooler but then I'm happy getting this. But yea, need better dreads. Longer would have been better.

Oh and the camera adds 10 lbs. So all the close ups may have made the head look bigger. :lol

The HT original Pred looks ReALLY small next to the Beserker. You guys think HT will release a new version of the first Predator? I like the Berserker, but he just had so litle screen time. But a new orginal predator? id snatch that up ASAP!

Finally managed to get one on eBay! Only cost me $145. So pleased, can't wait for him to arrive!

Who, Where and How?
Ebay User?
Shipping from?
Bidding or Buy Now?

DSC_0817a.jpg
That's pretty sick! :fireworks

HT should follow what they see onscreen and not take it upon themselves to make stuff up.

Agreed completely but onscreen it was hidden, as it has been in all Predator movies :dunno To my mind its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other really...

anger about big brains maybe.

those who say "it's ok as it is" would never notice. they like everything as it is. consumers.

Is that a dig?

OK, lets cool this down and all grow up a little. There surely comes a point when one must realise that not everyone is gonna agree with ones thoughts... its called free will. We need to accept what other people think.
Gently put forward our case for what 'we' think and if you can't agree just move on. Infantile bickering just makes the whole thread look like train wreck.
LEAVE IT!
Or at least bicker with each other by PM, we don't need to hear it!
im not alone:exactly::goodpost:

:gah:Holy ____!!:gah:

My Berserker came this afternoon.... but I was'nt at home!! :monkey2
The postman left the "arrival notice" so...I´ll have to wait until tomorrow to get the parcel! :impatient: :slap:impatient:

I had a suspicion alright :lol hence the '...'

Dont worry about it Ski it was hilarious... (more dots) :monkey3

Who says they wouldn't have made the heads that big even if they weren't forced to? I just don't see what people think is so wrong with Predators having big heads or why people think it wouldn't have a big head like that if it were actually a real living creature.

HT should follow what they see onscreen and not take it upon themselves to make stuff up.

I very much doubt anyone would have complained if HT had properly observed the onscreen proportions and made the head bigger. Sure maybe someone would have said "gee does anyone else think his head looks a bit big?" but all it would have taken to dispel those concerns would be a couple of screengrabs. No one in their right mind would complain about something being screen accurate.

I am REALLY getting deja vu here....

I first recall having this argument with a friend about the Argonauts vs Billiken P1s back in, oh, 1992? The Billiken was more screen-accurate but had a huge noggin, while the Argonauts was sleeker...

Then there was EXACTLY the scenario you describe with the Hot Toys AVP Predators; a lot of people complained their heads were too big, with others countering this was screen-accurate.

By P2, I think everyone who cared had gotten used to the big heads and stopped complaining...

Anyway, I suspect HT have taken the view there will always be a vocal minority who complain whatever they do. If pre-orders for the Berserker have been healthy, they will have concluded the naysayers are not numerous enough to matter.

Back