Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree the figure looks much better than what we saw in the movie.
I think the makers of the film agree, as they basically tried to edit the full face reveal to really quick, blink and you miss him, cuts.

The predators in the new movie didnt look that big to me, KPH's predator still looks massive because he was genuinely big, but the ones in predators look a little stubby and can't really believe they are bigger than the classic pred.

Yeah, the "tarantula" look he had in the movie is gone.
HT's sculpt actually makes him more predatoresque.

watermark.php

I guess this is where I have to admit that I can't possibly be a diehard Pred fan because, aside from the differences in color scheme (could be lighting. Grain of salt) And the fact that it's an expensive movie prop, I can't see that much of a difference between the film still close up in Devil's mod and HT's sculpt. :lol

I'm looking at this shot to compare. Pretty much the same angle, but mirrored.

20100712_a000ea2dcc0c4f7e7298tCj0XWiWQteO.jpg

On an unrelated note... interesting to note the original Predator is described as the "Classic Predator" - Predators' term rather than how Hot Toys marketed the figure originally. I guess this confirms the re-release of P1, presumably with a battle-damaged mask.

36873_410316612343_58690437343_4940765_3011323_n.jpg

If HT will redo P1, the old one could simply be batched to become classic pred.

On an unrelated note... interesting to note the original Predator is described as the "Classic Predator" - Predators' term rather than how Hot Toys marketed the figure originally. I guess this confirms the re-release of P1, presumably with a battle-damaged mask.

Not necessarily. That whole "Classic" title is just to distinguish the original Stan Winston designed Predator from the newly designed ones in the movie. I saw a couple other places use the same term in the same context (comparing pics of the new Preds with pics of P1 from the original movie).

I don't doubt that HT might re-release P1 with the "Classic" title to cash in on this flick. But man, that's gonna be a tough sell. Because that "Classic" Pred has even less accessories than P1. No bone trophies (necklace/bandolier) and no left arm armor (with the hose that connects to the left gauntlet). And the damage to the Bio is minimal.

Just curious: anyone upset/disappointed that HT didn't include..

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

i hear you. that should've been a given as an accessory for this figure. :dunno

Not necessarily. That whole "Classic" title is just to distinguish the original Stan Winston designed Predator from the newly designed ones in the movie. I saw a couple other places use the same term in the same context (comparing pics of the new Preds with pics of P1 from the original movie).

I don't doubt that HT might re-release P1 with the "Classic" title to cash in on this flick. But man, that's gonna be a tough sell. Because that "Classic" Pred has even less accessories than P1. No bone trophies (necklace/bandolier) and no left arm armor (with the hose that connects to the left gauntlet). And the damage to the Bio is minimal.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It could include a gauntlet with holographics....or perhaps the Totum. If they really wanted to...lol. But I doubt it.

That doesn't confirm anything. They called it "classic"just for clarification and convenience. The actuel term HT markted the P1 as was "The Predator" but they cant call it that in this ad cos the Bezerker is also a "Predator".

Also Royce wasnt really "teased" either in that previous pic. IMO that's not confirmation.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

All we really need is a replacement body with P1 color scheme. I would buy Classic pred just to switch the bodies. It would be worth it to finally have P1 in correct scale

Re: Hot Toys - MMS130 - Berserker Predator

Yeah I know it would piss some people off, but it needs to be done. Maybe a DX Classic Pred

I would be okay with it. After seeing this one, I feel like the P1 just isnt up to standard now. Damn Hot Toys for consistantly striving to be better :pfft:

:lol

Back