Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed this went WL on Sideshow. I was hoping to use reward points on it. Oh well.

I was waiting to rack up all the reward points from whiplash, black widow, war machine, special ops troops, 2 true type figs, mark IV, and use them to get the MECH TEST Tony too. Was hoping it would still be available them to get a full $45 bucks off, but it didn't happen.

SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT!!! :slap

I was waiting to rack up all the reward points from whiplash, black widow, war machine, special ops troops, 2 true type figs, mark IV, and use them to get the MECH TEST Tony too. Was hoping it would still be available them to get a full $45 bucks off, but it didn't happen.

SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT!!! :slap

I was doing the same thing, waiting for those Rewards Points to rack up, when it went to wait list I immeadiately went to a vendor and bought from there. I also had a friend in Hong Kong call Toy Hunters, and was informed they were out of stock there for quite some time.

On a side note, did Sideshow reduce the value of Rewards Points? I have used them once before, but I thought they were worth 1 point for $1. I was disappointed to find out it is actually half that.

I thought it always was every 20 points = $1.

16. Points are redeemable at 20 points to the dollar of purchase price for eligible purchases or at such other rate as Sideshow may determine in its sole discretion. Points that have been redeemed for purchases that have been subsequently canceled or returned for any reason will not be restored to the member's account.

13. Members of the Reward Points Program earn one point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases on the SideshowCollectibles.com website. Sideshow, in its sole discretion, may award points for purchases made prior to the date of Membership. Points earned will be rounded to the nearest whole dollar of the purchase. Points will be posted to the member's account as soon as practicable following shipment of the eligible purchase. When a member returns an eligible purchase to Sideshow, the points previously posted to member's account for that purchase will be deducted from the member's account. Other exclusions may apply. Points have no cash value.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/article.php?id=terms_rewards

On a side note, did Sideshow reduce the value of Rewards Points? I have used them once before, but I thought they were worth 1 point for $1. I was disappointed to find out it is actually half that.

I thought it always was every 20 points = $1.

Sure has been. SS has always only offered $1 towards every 20 points earned. You only get a 5% return from points, that's why I always purchase from vendors unless I'm ordering an EX.

Man, that bites! I really wanted this fig. Well hopefully the headscults on the Mark IV or VI will be so good that I will get over it.

If not, I will just get something with the reward points that I call sell for the same amount of the price value (like the True Type bodies for example) to get some cash to put towards a MECH TEST Tony.

I hope those aren't on wait list already aswell though.

Mine is missing the part so I mail the hot toys service with pictures and this was how they reply:

Thanks for your photos.
Please kindly send the defective part (without accessories & original packaging box) to our office for replacement & the details are as below:

Hot Toys Ltd.

Thanks for your photos. Please kindly send the defective part (without accessories & original packaging box) to our office for replacement & the details are as below:

Hot Toys Ltd.

Add: NANYANG PLAZA, 57 HUNG TO ROAD, KWUN TONG, KOWLOON, HONG KONG

Tel: (852) 2836 3295

Remarks: Please kindly send back the parcel within 1 week upon this notification. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee that all the accessories or items will have replacement stock due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles.

Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Please kindly let us know after the parcel is sent.

Thanks!

Best regards,

BN/ Hot Toys

I'm pissed off! DX dark knight and now this! They are freaking chip alright!

It's IS a great piece, I just don't have the space for it anymore sadly. I have one for sale in my BST.

For those that have this figure, would you recommend getting it? I'm on the fence about buying it.

I had some spare cash so I bought it. If i didn't have the spare cash I wouldn't have got it.

However I'm SOOOO glad I got it. It is truly amazing and brilliant piece of work! Really captures one amazing scene from the first film.

The only downside is that you can't really display it with any other figure successfully. But the scene it captures means you can easily have it on it's own. It's such a great thing to look at on it's own.

Get it if you have the cash.

This is a really nice figure and a nice contrast to Ironman being mostly Marks. It might not be scene accurate but I intend to have him float around in front of the armoury of all the Marks. For what you pay you also get a lot of goodies and the Robot!

For those that have this figure, would you recommend getting it? I'm on the fence about buying it.

Yes! Stunning packaging too.

4742674498_49dc919cea_z.jpg
4742341770_fb31824da2_z.jpg

4742341764_0358fd0b18_z.jpg
4742674506_a9603921e5_z.jpg

4980519261_ba95d093bb_z.jpg

Back