Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics I had taken of Test Tony.

Tonyfly.jpg

tonyclose.jpg

tonyface.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anybody confirm if the Cardboard backdrop fits in a detolf or not please?
Cheers
Bob

NOp... the hight of the Cardboard its about 41cm,,, but the the hight bewteen the shelves of the detolf is about 38cm ... I will have to cut 1.5cm aprox .... :(

Bah !!!! That makes me a sad panda !! :(

Think I am going to have to cut it too in that case. I have no intention of ever selling the figure on so it’s a choice between cutting it so I can use it and enjoy it, or leave it sitting in the box never to see the light of day !!

Thanks for the heads up mate!!

Bob

:thud: :monkey2

Cutting the backdrop on a $175 figure would feel like I'm cutting my own fingers off! Don't do it! For the love of all that's holy! There are other alternatives!

Can't you guys get some color copies made, or scan them in and print them out?!?!? :pray:

Great pictures BTW gang. I'd love to get this figure but I am skint. :(

:thud: :monkey2

Cutting the backdrop on a $175 figure would feel like I'm cutting my own fingers off! Don't do it! For the love of all that's holy! There are other alternatives!

Can't you guys get some color copies made, or scan them in and print them out?!?!? :pray:

Great pictures BTW gang. I'd love to get this figure but I am skint. :(

Thats a good idea

Maybe it would be better just to switch clothes

That would work but I really want to mount this head on my IMBD :(
I actually tried to pry out the peg/balljoint last night and I just could not do it :slap
OK after seeing these pics I have a bit more confidents that is indeed possible so hairdryer tonight. Even then I think I have to pry out that plastic so the IMBD lightup ball joint can actually fit into this? I just hope it is not larger than this hole
BTW are all fixed neck bodies using this same joint? e.g. T-800 I guess I will have an extra body that I really can;t use with another head like Bruce

any tips on taking the ball joints off mate?

I think its possible to take em off, but its gonna be tough to put em back in to the mech test body once Im done with men suit/mark III :slap

I think this is why its goin for $90+ on the bay now.

My method,
Grab the double ball joint with a padded bend (head) pliers and pull, I did damage the thin edge for the hair on my copy a little, nothing major. No pics... for now...

That would work but I really want to mount this head on my IMBD :(
I actually tried to pry out the peg/balljoint last night and I just could not do it :slap
OK after seeing these pics I have a bit more confidents that is indeed possible so hairdryer tonight. Even then I think I have to pry out that plastic so the IMBD lightup ball joint can actually fit into this? I just hope it is not larger than this hole
BTW are all fixed neck bodies using this same joint? e.g. T-800 I guess I will have an extra body that I really can;t use with another head like Bruce

Switching the clothes would require, even more modification. Because the mech arms arent supposed to come off, and it has all those bits an wires. Plus a TT hand wouldnt fit as the pegs would only allow IM type hands (big pegs with light up features).

Geil, dont try and plug the IMBD light up neck on this, as that would look weird. Just get a normal neck from the usual TTs (they are the short ones, as opposed to the long ones that came with the men suit) and plug it in, once youve managed to take it off. That'll look much better, and more screen accurate.

Switching the clothes would require, even more modification. Because the mech arms arent supposed to come off, and it has all those bits an wires. Plus a TT hand wouldnt fit as the pegs would only allow IM type hands (big pegs with light up features).

Geil, dont try and plug the IMBD light up neck on this, as that would look weird. Just get a normal neck from the usual TTs (they are the short ones, as opposed to the long ones that came with the men suit) and plug it in, once youve managed to take it off. That'll look much better, and more screen accurate.

A slim TT neck will be more suitable (and shorter)

My method,
Grab the double ball joint with a padded bend (head) pliers and pull, I did damage the thin edge for the hair on my copy a little, nothing major. No pics... for now...

I dont have enough faith in myself for that sort of thing. :panic: I think I'll just order one from ebay, one the price/hype goes down :rotfl

they are the same right?

the only slim TT I have are the MJ thriller

not really... It's slimmer (as the neck hole on the torso is smaller) and being slightly shorter ..Slim fair skin bodies with neck joint, I believe only 2 options sources... carded TTM-09 body and Kamui Gaiden figure.

not really... It's slimmer (as the neck hole on the torso is smaller) and being slightly shorter ..Slim fair skin bodies with neck joint, I believe only 2 options sources... carded TTM-09 body and Kamui Gaiden figure.

But I think Geil wants to put his on a IMBD, so I think the kamui is out of the question.

I'll ask around for a slim TT neck from my friends who collects when I get a spare head

hey guys new here. just wana let u guys know what i did. i used a slim tt neck with the ball peg removed and attached it to the peg tt came in tony's head n put it on a narrow tt body n it looks pretty good for me.

ok here are the pics, feel free to comment

tony hs with original peg inside
picture.php

slim tt neck peg
picture.php

tony hs n slim neck attached
picture.php

tony with narrow shoulder body n slim neck
picture.php

side view, arms i didnt position properly so he looks a bit weird
picture.php

front, looking down
picture.php

might look abit short at the neck bt its ok in person n i didnt use the normal tt neck post as the ball peg in the normal tt neck was way to hard to pry out and i didnt want to take out the tony hs's peg.

Last edited:
Back