Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, to be fair it probably wasnt Perlman and Goss on the fight scenes, it would have been stuntmen would presumably would know martial arts. That being said I agree about the prosthetics and make up slowing them down a lot. I actually thought Perlman in particular suffered in both those movies as it was clearly hard for him to move and seemingly almost impossible to get much facial movement as in brows etc.

Anyways though, I know what you mean about the speed up and I dont really have an issue with its use, I just thought it was very noticeable in Hellboy 2 like they had maybe sped things up too much.

Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree on the Bourne films! Gladiator is another culprit that I found particularly irritating! Although I think that was done to avoid showing a lot of the bloodletting and maybe keep the rating down...?

I had another point to make but I've forgotten. Ah well you can't rush genius :)

oh, what did u not like about gladiator's editing? i don't remember anything that put me off it.

btw, i re-watched blade1 last night and was surprised at just how solid a film it actually is. it's held up a lot better than many other marvel-based movies. the only thing that's dated really badly are the effects. the cgi was already kinda dodgy back then. now it's just awful. especially during stephen dorff's "blood god" scenes. good thing the performances were strong. snipes and dorff played off each other quite well, imo. and quinn, frost's right-hand man who kept losing his hand was hilarious.

although character-wise, blade and the villains were more interesting in the first film, overall i still prefer blade2. it's just more bad-ass.

no doubt HT gonna make blade 1 figure with better sculpt ....just look at HT past release joker,batman,aliens, its all about pulling you in and getting your money thats how busines strategy works...and to tell you the truth every new item they release im like sht i gotta get that lol

Yes but honestly I want both costumes, so i have no problem buying 2 blade figures. Its like original suit Batman and TDK, they both represent the character well. BR Joker however I think a lot of people bought just for the Head sculpts, his costume wasn't really part of the characters identity.

Blade 2 was my favorite of the trilogy so I don't care what costume he has as long as it's from that movie and is a good representaion.

Oh and just an FYI looking more into it, the pants in the second film for the most part where not fabric. They are neoprene in the sewer scene which looks more like normal fabric but for the rest of the movie they're matte vinyl faced spandex. So what HT has there is probably pretty accurate to what was actually used.

oh, what did u not like about gladiator's editing? i don't remember anything that put me off it.

btw, i re-watched blade1 last night and was surprised at just how solid a film it actually is. it's held up a lot better than many other marvel-based movies. the only thing that's dated really badly are the effects. the cgi was already kinda dodgy back then. now it's just awful. especially during stephen dorff's "blood god" scenes. good thing the performances were strong. snipes and dorff played off each other quite well, imo. and quinn, frost's right-hand man who kept losing his hand was hilarious.

although character-wise, blade and the villains were more interesting in the first film, overall i still prefer blade2. it's just more bad-ass.

Agreed on Blade, still a great film though. And thankfully the cgi element is reasonably minimal so it doesnt ruin the movie or anything. Pretty torn between 1 or 2 but I'd say the first would still have the edge for me, if only for that opening scene! And yeah Quinn rules! "I'm gonna be a naughty vampire god..."

With Gladiator I just found it quite hard to see what was happening, especially in the cinema. There was so much movement in the fight scenes it became a little blurry I found...

I don't know, 2 has a pretty damn impressive opening scene, although impressive in a different way. I'm also a big fan of the monster running into a much nastier monster.

And yeah Quinn rules! "I'm gonna be a naughty vampire god..."

With Gladiator I just found it quite hard to see what was happening, especially in the cinema. There was so much movement in the fight scenes it became a little blurry I found...

yeah, quinn's line still cracks me up. it's like he's a stoner surfer dude who just happens to be a vampire. :lol

hmm. i never had a problem with gladiator's moving cameras. found the action easy to follow actually. but i think i know what u mean. ridley employed this funny technique where the footage shuddered/vibrated in some scenes. if i'm not mistaken that's created by shooting on marginally higher speed then overcranking the playback ratio to create that jittery movement.

no doubt HT gonna make blade 1 figure with better sculpt ....just look at HT past release joker,batman,aliens, its all about pulling you in and getting your money thats how busines strategy works...and to tell you the truth every new item they release im like sht i gotta get that lol

I doubt it. There is nowhere near the demand for this character as there was for dark Knight figures. This is the only Blade figure we'll be getting, in my opinion.

Well I imagine Hot Toys spent quite a bit of money to acquire the Marvel Film License agreement and I'm pretty sure they're planning to go just a little ape sht with it :D

My guess is that Hot Toys will make all the Heroes first
So we get
Iron Man
Wolverine
Blade
then maybe
Spiderman
Hulk
Etc
Then after that, they might go back and make some villians

I cannot wait for them to make a movie accurate Spider-Man, easily one of the best superherop costumes and if they manage to do it right(which im sure they will) its going to look amazing.

untitled-14.jpg

Agreed on Spiderman! I think whatever body they use is going to make or break the figure. I have no doubt that the tailoring will be top notch, but with it being skin tight, the body has to be perfect.

yeh the tightness of the costume and the 3d webbing could be tricky, though they totally have to use somesort of real lense for the eyes.

3d webbing will be simple. They just need to do it like the 3d piping they did on superman.

His costume needs to be cloth, not latex. That's all i'm asking...

Well, that, and perhaps a super-poseable body.

I cannot wait for them to make a movie accurate Spider-Man, easily one of the best superherop costumes and if they manage to do it right(which im sure they will) its going to look amazing.

And if they don't, it will be an epic fail. :lol:monkey2

I suspect they'll pull something amazing out the hat though...

Back