Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you're coming along. There are 2 things I aim for with my work, interesting and flattering lighting, and presenting the figure in a way that is respectful of the character personality, and you're getting both of those aspects in your work, which to me stands it out. Some people can take beauiful photos with interesting effects or nice lighting, but their posing/presentation of the figure lacks any sense of character in them. I find the more interesting work finds a way to make a little figure with a permanent expression and look, convey the attitudes of the character it represents.

Makes it a bit easier if the figure exudes personality in the sculpt. Blade, he's a mofo you don't want to mess with. That's what the expression exemplifies.

Damn Plasmid, those pics are AWESOME!!

Thanks!

To plasmid303.

Just want to say same as others. Those photo's are great.

the new pics plasmid posted = teh awesomeness.
Shows off the realism in the figure.

Thanks, everyone.

Blade is so cool. He's a character that just exudes a menacing aura just standing there. I think Hot Toys captured that essence really well if not total likeness. I thought Wolverine was a great figure, but Blade trumps him when it comes to the total package. I can't wait to add more Hot Toys Marvel figures to my shelf, and I actually think they should have kicked off the line with Blade. It's only right, since it was the first Blade film that began the wave of good Marvel superhero movies.

:lecture I agree. The best part of Wolverine is HT captured the essence of the character. Blade looks like another figure which captures the character perfectly.

Hope it's OK with you Plasmid I linked to your great pics in my review, here are a few of mine, with a nod to one of Snipes early pop video appearances-

michael1.jpg

face3.jpg

face2.jpg

detail9.jpg

profile1.jpg

tattdetail2.jpg

pose7-1.jpg

pose5-3.jpg

pose22.jpg

pose13-2.jpg

Great pics Plasmid, you really captured the poses of Blade from the movie and the way he would move, nice to see this much flexibility in the figure.

I'll have to check out Wooks review later since I cannot see any of his stuff at work. BLOCK'D

Back