Hot Toys - MMS - X-MEN First Class - Professor X (Charles Xavier)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magneto would be a no brainer as he only differs from Charles in the head sculpt its the same suit they should have announced it long ago.

I guess the only way to for Hot Toys to make the full line up of figures for any series is for the movie to make a crazy amount of money like the Avengers. If all we see from this movie license is Erick and Charles I would be content but one without the other would really feel incomplete.

Kind of the same suit. Different coloured collar, slightly broader shoulders and taller.
But it could be argued to be about 90% the same(with only slightly different tailoring options during construction do differentiate them).

xmenprimerageneracioncine-ss-5.jpg

Kind of the same suit. Different coloured collar, slightly broader shoulders and taller.
But it could be argued to be about 90% the same(with only slightly different tailoring options during construction do differentiate them).

xmenprimerageneracioncine-ss-5.jpg

Yeah I see what you are taking about

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ygcAXTJmCyU/UMX3Up7Tp6I/AAAAAAAAUwk/7WrrpdeTSv0/s1600/x-men-first-class-costumes-xavier-banshee-havok-magneto-mystique-l-to-r-pic-7.jpg

I would so love this line up but crap its hot toys what can you expect.
I am sure once the release this figure a third party will begin to make the side figures maybe a Shaw figure or even Emma Frost

Bcoz it's completely diff market.

And that plays into Fassbender's willingness to grant likeness rights or to sign off on a figure in what way?

Well, I'm gonna allow myself to be happy and assume the delay is for a Magneto. Really, it would be kinda foolish to release Xavier without Fassbender at least on the heels of that release. HT has never really charted the X-Men waters before (Origins Wolverine aside), perhaps they're also wanting to gauge how well X3 Wolverine does?

I don't see why they're so cautious about X-men :dunno Its been a very successful movie franchise overall, the first film arguably resurrected the genre after Batman and Robin. X-men First Class is a highly regarded film. They make stuff from inferior films all the time.

I honestly think it's down to the character designs themselves. They don't offer a variety of accessories or an iconic look that most of the Marvel figures have granted. I would love to have an Xavier and Magneto figure on my shelves but I think that it'll be Day of Future Past that gives us them. Come 2014 we will have a line like The Avengers from the X-Men franchise.

Magneto's helmet adds a great deal of uniqueness to him even though the costume is pretty much the same.

Beast and Mystique also look unique despite the same costuming, Azazel too.

Costume-wise XFC is very basic, but character design-wise it's one of the most colourful.

A shelf with Diamond form Emma, Magneto with his helmet on, Furry Beast and Demon looking Azazel figures would'nt scream 'same'

Last edited:
I agree, I'd love to have them in the yellow uniforms. But realistically, Emma, Beast, Mystique and Azazel would've been the best looking but the least likely to made and that's not even mentioning Havok, Darwin, Shaw, Angel or Banshee.

The two figures, Erik and Charles are fairly lacking compared to their predecessors. I'm hoping that Days of Future Past will be the time when we will be complaining about too many X-Men figures.

I suppose they could pad them with a civilian outfit each, they did it for Barney Ross. Or even a Civvie outfit for Xavier and wheelchair and the end red costume for Erik.

If done like that they'd match even more perfectly. Either both in their yellow and blue costumes as teammates or each in their next stage looks as enemies

I wish people here would drop this "likeness approval" and "likeness fee" BS. Can someone here prove that that has ever been an issue? Over on some other thread, some guy was claiming that Robert Downey Jr. is very "picky" when it comes to his likeness in action figures, I asked for a source to his claims and he couldn't be bothered to answer (basically because he was just regurgitating the crap other people say).

Listen, if HT isn't making a David figure is simply because they don't want to make one. I doubt any actors out there actually give a crap what they look like in a toy... all they want it's the share of the profits from merchandise. You people make it sound like likeness is something relevant when in reality it's a complete non-issue.

NEC12082.jpg

robert-downey-jr-with-iron-man-2-toys-at-toy-fair-2010-1.jpg

What reason would you give then for HT's aquiring two licenses almost dependent on Fassbender figures in order to be profittable and not producing any yet, this long after announcement?

Surely something's held them up, Xavier has been ready for months, the most logical reason he hasn't gone up for order is because they're following their pattern of putting two figures up for order at the same time (Batman & Joker, Babydoll & Amber, Naked Snake & The Boss) but the other figure (Fassbender likeness) isn't ready

I dont think getting the Fassbender is the problem it's actually sculpting one that Hot Toys is happy releasing is the problem. That's my opinion anyway :dunno

click

Based on this picture, HT would only have to add each characters head sculpt and possibly make VERY minor adjustments to the already existing suit made for Charles to put out a bunch of these.

What reason would you give then for HT's aquiring two licenses almost dependent on Fassbender figures in order to be profittable and not producing any yet, this long after announcement?

Surely something's held them up, Xavier has been ready for months, the most logical reason he hasn't gone up for order is because they're following their pattern of putting two figures up for order at the same time (Batman & Joker, Babydoll & Amber, Naked Snake & The Boss) but the other figure (Fassbender likeness) isn't ready

Hey, you could be right. His figure might not be ready, but I highly doubt that the reason is because of "likeness". If he "approved" the Neca version I posted above what reason could he have to deny Hot Toys (a company that can achieve an unparalleled level of realism) to make his figure? They way I see it, HT has priority projects (Avengers, IM3) that take over the resources from licenses such as X-men. The Fassbender figure (if indeed exists) could be in the same stage as the Xavier figure but they choose not to show it in order to prevent further agitation and questions such as "WHERE IS THE FASS FIGURE YOU GUYS SHOWED MONTHS AGO??!"

^ well Avengers & TDKR are done, so no time like the present ;)

click

Based on this picture, HT would only have to add each characters head sculpt and possibly make VERY minor adjustments to the already existing suit made for Charles to put out a bunch of these.

Yeah it wouldn't cost much in the costume department for them as they've got the base costume done. Just some tweaks and they could all be done without much cost (except Mystique) if they wanted too.

The same could be said of the old version of the suits most of them are all black with a few tweaks you could build out an iceman, Cyclops , and colossus Rouge and Kitty would require the same type of tailoring required to make a mystic figure change same suit tailored to fit a female true type body

If they do release Xavier, and Magneto then all you'd need are some custom heads on here, Banshee head on Xavier's costume and just tweak the look of it. Havok on Mangeto's costume and add the disc. Done.

The same could be said of the old version of the suits most of them are all black with a few tweaks you could build out an iceman, Cyclops , and colossus Rouge and Kitty would require the same type of tailoring required to make a mystic figure change same suit tailored to fit a female true type body

Absolutely. Unfortunately, as much as I wouln't mind a few more from the first 3 X-Men films, I don't think the black leather suits will look very good on 3-5 characters on a shelf together. They would all look far too similar. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Actors sign away ALL likeness rights when they sign on the dotted line for a movie.
Especially one like X Men where there is almost sure to be a line of figures.
This bull about Fassbender not signing off on likenesses is purely a child-like speculation based on someone not understanding the Hot Toys legal lettering under their prototype images.

What "pending licensor approval" means is that MARVEL need to okay the sculpt in the case of X Men, or DC in the case of Superman.
NO actor is held in such high regard that they are asked whether they approve of the toy made of them.
It's nothing to do with them after they make the movie.
:rotfl

Actors sign away ALL likeness rights when they sign on the dotted line for a movie.
Especially one like X Men where there is almost sure to be a line of figures.
This bull about Fassbender not signing off on likenesses is purely a child-like speculation based on someone not understanding the Hot Toys legal lettering under their prototype images.

What "pending licensor approval" means is that MARVEL need to okay the sculpt in the case of X Men, or DC in the case of Superman.
NO actor is held in such high regard that they are asked whether they approve of the toy made of them.
It's nothing to do with them after they make the movie.
:rotfl

Sounds reasonable. Where did you learn this?

Back