Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

I wondered if you meant the comics, that's why I specified the movie. I think he's growing into the character that's more familiar in the comics. And yes, that superiority works perfect for the flare of a cape. But I think Fass should maybe ease into it. Grow into it in the sequel. Give the outfit somewhere to go too.

But anyway, too late, he's got the damn cape.

:exactly: I can't wait to see the sequel, I hope he becomes more an entitled badass, lol.

I don't think they really captured Shaw's look, but I think Bacon portrayed him well and was a good approximation of the character. I'd take a figure of him.

I think he looks like a ____ing idiot.
I hope they go back to the drawing board for the sequel so he looks more menacing.
THIS!
I really don't like this silly looking costume and painted helmet.

I agree with Deckard that his outfit seems tailored well enough, it just looks silly to me. The big red coat, shawl cape, and old school horse riding pants ensemble probably being a big part of it. Having said that, it does look less silly than McKellen's Magento.

Well the film wasn't expected to do as well as it did or garner a sequel so the classic magneto costume at the end was most likely fan-service in the event a sequel never happened

They didn't expect is to be a blockbuster hence the cheap advertising, and yet it did better than they had anticipated and garneed critical acclaim.

That's a win in my books

Opening Weekend: $55,101,604

Total Domestic Gross: $146,408,305

Worldwide Gross: $352,597,895

Total Budget: $200,000,000

So it made almost double, that's a Win in any language :)

Opening Weekend: $55,101,604

Total Domestic Gross: $146,408,305

Worldwide Gross: $352,597,895

Total Budget: $200,000,000

So it made almost double, that's a Win in any language :)

Not double, not when you consider worldwide advertising (see above - probably another $120M).

But clearly it made enough to garner a sequel. Hopefully they won't cheap out on the budget though. But I'd say First Class was lightning in a bottle.

There is no way advertsiing for this film was $120 million, it had hardly any exposure, and that number is almost over half the budget of the production.

It's funny when you think about it, b/c it did better on opening weekend that John Carter, Battleship, and Dark Shadows has done recently. Imagine what it might have done with some bigger advertising? Hopefully Fox realizes, closer to the comics = better movies.

I think with the good numbers and the acclaim this has gotten they'll go all out on the advertising for the sequel.

After X3 and Origins people didn't expect a good X-Men film, but now that people have renewed faith from First Class they'll have more butts in seats for First Class 2 :yess:

I was guessimating worldwide advertising. Domestic alone for something like this is usually 60-100, so I figured low and doubled.

I don't care if this film made 2 bucks or 2 billion, I was just wondering how it did because I liked it so much. I know in your book it did well and that's great but I was curious how it really performed.

now that people have renewed faith from First Class they'll have more butts in seats for First Class 2 :yess:

I hope so. I'll be there this time.

I guess it comes down to intepretation of success :peace

If garnering a sequel is 'success' then this clearly won. Hopefully the same care will be given to the sequel. Not sure it will get another $160-200M budget this next time though. They will certainly cut back, not add.

I know I didn't expect it to be good, I rented it on a whim because I really enjoy James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Kevin Bacon as actors. I'm glad I did, I'll definitely see the sequel on opening weekend.

I watched this again last night - great film. :rock

I think I want a Zoe Kravitz figure now.. :monkey3

When HT pulls their finger out & kicks off a dedicated Muisc Icons line - & makes Lenny.. the circle will be complete. :lecture

Something occurred to me the other day. Since Hot Toys is doing a Prometheus line, which line is going to get the Michael Fassbender figure? Will we actually end up getting Magneto or not? I'm a bit concerned. I suppose if we got Fassbender from Prometheus it would do, hopefully some 3rd party company could whip up a decent helmet, but I would still prefer to get Magneto..

Why can't we get both? Surely a Fassbender sculpt from one could easily be tweaked for the use on another figure.

Given how few figures are released per line and per year, looking at the grand scheme of things, I think it would be a lot to expect two Michael Fassbender figures that close together.

Back