Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

I loved this movie but the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't really want anyone from it. Maybe Magneto but no real point without someone to pair him with.

Magneto will just look cool with the rest of the Marvel line up, Iron Man, Hulk, were seriously lacking good Marvel Villains right now, no good looking Green Goblin or Dr. Doom in the movies so I'll definately take a good looking Magnus. Loki's great in Avengers but I would never care enough to own him. Now Thanos...

Only problem I have is they probably did that end Magneto on the quick and will redesign him in the sequel slightly when the outfit is more heavily featured.

I think Michael Fassbender makes a great Magneto, all that he lacks is a good costume. So if they do end up making a figure of him I'll probably end up trying to make one for him. Unless they get him right in the sequel. I was comparing the helmets from the first three X-Men movies to First Class and they've definitely improved the helmet but I think it does still need some work. I think mainly it just fits a bit awkwardly I think. That's the nice thing about toys though, I'm sure it will look great when Hot Toys does it.

I disagree the helmets the best part, it fits him well, has a great color and shape, is literally a one hundred percent improvement over that joke Ian wore in the first 3. I just hope making Charles first doesn't kill the line, I mean he's so uninteresting as a figure. He just hangs back in the jet and uses his mind, the most action oriented scene he has is trying to get Magneto's helmet off for about 3 seconds.

Magneto-x-men-first-class-23542562-720-462.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like the helmet, especially the version you posted. I just think it could be altered in a few spots, nothing that would affect the overall design. I agree the helmet in the first three movies wasn't very good at all.

As much as I love that ending sequence, I really didn't care for the Magneto costume - the costume was ill fitting. After watching Erik look like James Bond throughout the entire movie with clothes that looked made to fit his form, the costume looked frumpy and a bit ridiculous from the front.

I honestly hope they tailor it better, if nothing else.

I'm kinda with Riddick, in the sense that buying First Class figures of Charles and Mags will not be automatic for me. In general, I buy comic characters from movies because they look at least similar to their comic counterparts. Prof. X never looked like McAlroy in the comics I'm familiar with, nor did Mags ever wear a blue/yellow jumpsuit with a silver helmet. I really really liked this movie, and those two performances, but my decision to buy a figure takes more into account than that.

I agree with Josette that the end of film Magneto outfit felt awkward to me, and out of place with the rest of the film somehow. I'm not against a more comic styled Mags (I would prefer it for a figure, as I said above), but not that.

I love Fassbender's Magneto so much I would buy him in standard clothes, like in the "Frankenstein's monster" scene. Though my personal favorite is the blue and yellow suit.

The tailoring is exactly what I'm talking about with Magneto. The whole outfit just needed to be tightened up, helmet and all. If Fox was smart they would go to Marvel and just be like "fix Magneto for us, thanks", because Fassbender is a great Magento and he would be over the moon with the perfect outfit.

I like a lot of his regular outfits in the movie. He's a very attractive person and his style and presence is a lot of what made the character for me.

I love Fassbender's Magneto so much I would buy him in standard clothes, like in the "Frankenstein's monster" scene. Though my personal favorite is the blue and yellow suit.
Makes most sense to me that they would do the jumpsuit looks, since they were the most "action" oriented looks of those characters from the film. But if they wanted to reference the comics, they could do Prof X. in a suit (snore) and Mags in that wacky outfit from the end.

It's pretty well tailored, it cuts in twoards his mid section then the cut gets wider down by his hips again. I can't imagine being able to make a more faithful comic accurate version of the character and I'm sick of them not looking anything like the comics. Best looking character in the movie imo.

xm1.jpg

xm2.jpg

xm3.jpg

mag.jpg

VS this thing.

magneto.jpg

I think Magneto needs a much more form fitting outfit. Not tights or anything like that, but something refined, dress styled, but very fitting. In the comics Magneto has an air of royalty about himself, like Dr Doom.

I think they hinted at Xavier and Magneto.

I believe a charles was confirmed to be the 1st in the line.

Ah, thanks guys. Figured on Magneto, but a Prof X (this films version) doesn't sound appealing. I guess I could always pose him in a "I can't feel my legs" prone position.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the First Class outfit, and I'm glad it's much more comic accurate, we all just have our own perfect vision of Magneto. :)

I'll take him and be over the moon to have him.

I just don't get the poorly tailored complaint. I think it's the darkness of the image, check out how it looks brightened up, you can see the red lining in the cape, the pants are supposed to be a bit baggy at the thighs they are like riding pants. I love the way they took it in at the waste instead of trying to give him a belt.

xmnew.jpg

Back