Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

Something occurred to me the other day. Since Hot Toys is doing a Prometheus line, which line is going to get the Michael Fassbender figure? Will we actually end up getting Magneto or not? I'm a bit concerned. I suppose if we got Fassbender from Prometheus it would do, hopefully some 3rd party company could whip up a decent helmet, but I would still prefer to get Magneto..

I'm not buying the actor i'm buying the character and right now Magneto > Blonde Android :lecture

I'm not buying the actor i'm buying the character and right now Magneto > Blonde Android :lecture

True, very true, but from a business stand point doesn't it make you stop a second and wonder what they'll do? I agree, I'd much rather have Magneto. Red Skull, Loki, and Magneto; three of Marvel's greatest villains, and they could all be on my shelf. Please make it happen Hot Toys. I don't need a blonde Android, lol.

I think Marcus Wright was 2009 whereas Perseus was a year later.

However from a business standpoint the two sculpts could be the same it would just be the hair that is different. That would be far cheaper to have two figures for almost one sculpts work. That's pretty much x2 the profit.

tumblr_llogp96GM21qjcwuzo1_400.gif

^ thank you, i tend to rub people the wrong way as the figures i want aren't what's "in right now" but at least i stay resilient for those i like :)

Honestly, I really wanted a Magneto and Charles. But now that TDKR stuff is gonna start hitting, and the new spidey, I can easily see myself passing on these if they ever get done. If they came out with the PO a couple months ago I prolly would have bought. They really kicked themselves in the ass with this line.

Thankfully I'm not really into the Nolan Batman stuff, so I can go all in on Marvel. I hope we see these soon, at this rate we're looking at a 2013 Q2 release if we're lucky.

^^^ Ive waited for news in this thread for ages... Should be renamed what ever happened to the Xmen first class figures???

Wasn't there something in a recent interview implying the first figure (only figure?) would be Charles?

Honestly, I really wanted a Magneto and Charles. But now that TDKR stuff is gonna start hitting, and the new spidey, I can easily see myself passing on these if they ever get done. If they came out with the PO a couple months ago I prolly would have bought. They really kicked themselves in the ass with this line.

Thats what i fear for this line, they'll probably end up doing one or two figures and walk away as they decide to release it at the same time as other licenses which have obssesive fans, forcing customers to pick and choose and leading them to not get as many customers/sales as the line deserves :mad:

I don't give two :censored about a 5th Batman and 5th Joker and 14th iron man, but i do want 1 Beast, Magneto, Xavier and Azazel.

That's asking too much it's seems :cuckoo:

Last edited:

This will sit on the back burner until The Dark Knight Rises and Spiderman are out of the way. It seems Hot Toys is trying to release the figures as close with the movies as possible.

Thats what i fear for this line, they'll probably end up doing one or two figures and walk away as they decide to release it at the same time as other licenses which have obssesive fans, forcing customers to pick and choose and leading them to not get as many customers/sales as the line deserves :mad:

:

You might be right they can flex the uniform and it will lend itself to more then 2 figures, but going the distance and sculpting the characters is probably more then it is worth. Charles and Erick hopefully , but what about the rest Banshe, Havok and don't get me started on Mystic and Beast as those are a long shot. Are these figures significant enough to warrant people to by them and what about Shaw and the hellfire club are they worth it dudes in suit and Emma in a white suit.

Funny that they haven't shown anything from Prometheus yet. The movie is releasing this or next week i think.

True I figured that will be next . Well if the follow the standard pattern Batman is next followed by this

Back