Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

Shaw with 2 sculpts. One normal, & the other with coin battle damage.

Some ideas, I think the red and grey looks the best.

redoc.jpg

greyeo.jpg

purplewt.jpg

I would much rather have Beast than Mystique. I'm sorry, but I'm not really a fan of Mystique's movie design, or the actress who portrayed her in the movie. She's okay, but not enough for a $200 toy. Now Emma Frost, I thought she was great, plus a Diamond version would be insane. I'm sure that won't happen though. lol. I think Beast would be great though, and would really add to our Marvel displays since he was on so many teams in the comics.

I don't think we will get Beast because of all the hair that would have to be involved but who knows?

I honestly don't think we will get more than Xavier and Magneto. But I would love an Emma Frost as well.

I agree, I don't think they'll do Beast either. Not to mention the feline look isn't the most popular. Yeah, I think we'll be lucky to get Xavier and Magneto, I don't expect anything past that.

I don't think we will get Beast because of all the hair that would have to be involved but who knows?

I honestly don't think we will get more than Xavier and Magneto. But I would love an Emma Frost as well.

I agree I don't think it will, but I wish it was. Hair don't have to be a factor as they did do planet of the apes.

Yep, Patrick Stewart or GTFO.
McAvoy was cool for the movie but I just don't feel any need in such a figure.

Patrick Stewart is great, don't get me wrong, but I prefer James McAvoy. I'm more attracted to him as a person. I also can't see Patrick Stewart as Xavier, I just see him as Picard, lol. He was good but still wasn't quite Xavier for me.

Yeah, I'll run all my mancrushes by you in the future. Not. ;)

Patrick Stewart is a fantastic actor, and he did a great job, but I grew up with him as Picard. It's so hard to seperate that.

Now, neither actor is really perfect as Xavier, but it's easier for me to connect McAvoy to the character because he's closer to how I envision Xavier and he isn't Picard, lol.

I think I'd like to see McAvoy in the sequel and den decide.
Hope it's comin' at least in Q2 2014.

If McAvoy is Xavier for all 3 Frist Class films (assuming they do make it all the way to 3) then at some point he's going to have to shave his head :lol

Yeah, the sequel is very important at this point. From what I've read they aren't really introducing many new characters, so that should help keep things tight. It's an interesting point in the projected trilogy, because it's where we should see the characters really grow into their roles. How that's handled will greatly affect my desire for future toys. I'm having a hard time imaging McAvoy bald though, lol. I'm not sure that will happen until the 3rd film (if they do get that far). I also hope they get away from this "anti-costume" thing and finally give us some stylized outfits.

I would much rather have Beast than Mystique. I'm sorry, but I'm not really a fan of Mystique's movie design, or the actress who portrayed her in the movie. She's okay, but not enough for a $200 toy. Now Emma Frost, I thought she was great, plus a Diamond version would be insane. I'm sure that won't happen though. lol. I think Beast would be great though, and would really add to our Marvel displays since he was on so many teams in the comics.

:goodpost:

Beast was a highlight character in the film for me anyways, his look was far better than X3 and he'd make for one helluva unique looking figure, there hasn't been one non-human looking Marvel Hot Toys figure, (Red Skull is the closest they've come)

Disagree. I thought he looked goofy as hell in First Class.

It's kind of hard to look goofier than Beast did in the first three X-Men movies, I think they actually did a better job translating the character this time around.

Still.. Fox.. X-Men. :monkey2

I'd take a Fass Magneto, the end version not the goofy looking blue and yellow, that works without the helmet but with the helmet just looks too strange. Beast is a maybe, not interested in other characters though unless they use this as an excuse to rerelease a Wolverine 2.0.

Back