Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

I've heard of man crushes on Fassbender, but I don't have man crush. I'm a girl. :wink1:
Apologies! :D

As for Men in Black, though I don't care for those films, I think they are a couple of rare exceptions to the rule. Similar to the Godfather, they are iconic in suits and black sun-glasses, though for many other characters that would be a generic look. As such, I think those characters in suits would look nice on shelves and would be a good seller.

Gully confirmed Xavier and Magneto, followed by Beast and Emma Frost. He has contacts in Marvel's licensing department.

No, I have contacts in MY EYES! :monkey3

I have doubts about getting more than two figs from this, but Marvel movie rights are a license to print money, right?

And folks who think HT can't do fur --- remember the Planet 'o the Apes?

Loved Emma (though my wife and I agreed she was a bit like a Fembot :lol)

No kidding! I gotta agree!

I didn't love Azazel and Riptide. They seemed like 80's vampires that wandered out of Lost Boys and into an X-Men movie. :)

Excellent observation. Very underdeveloped as characters, but then again Azazel's character was created about what--seven years ago?

And Riptide? Riptide??

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMq59GCaIfw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMq59GCaIfw[/ame]

I'm gonna sound like an X-nerd here, but the mixing of classic & original characters with newb mutants clashed for me.
For Fox, quite a good X-pic, nonetheless. Bacon was great as Shaw.

I asked if HT was planning a Raven/Mystique, but haven't heard back yet . . . seems like she would be both a unique challenge & visually stunning figure.:monkey1

No, I have contacts in MY EYES! :monkey3

I have doubts about getting more than two figs from this, but Marvel movie rights are a license to print money, right?

And folks who think HT can't do fur --- remember the Planet 'o the Apes?

No kidding! I gotta agree!

Excellent observation. Very underdeveloped as characters, but then again Azazel's character was created about what--seven years ago?

And Riptide? Riptide??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMq59GCaIfw

I'm gonna sound like an X-nerd here, but the mixing of classic & original characters with newb mutants clashed for me.
For Fox, quite a good X-pic, nonetheless. Bacon was great as Shaw.

I asked if HT was planning a Raven/Mystique, but haven't heard back yet . . . seems like she would be both a unique challenge & visually stunning figure.:monkey1

that riptide video just made my day
hahahahahahahahahaha:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Apologies! :D

It's cool! :)

2 figures or less is what I always expect from HT nowadays, so a third figure would be considered a bonus, a fourth would feel like Christmas.

I would be thrilled just to get Magneto and Xavier (I know those are the two you heard are first and I hope you're right).

2 figures or less is what I always expect from HT nowadays, so a third figure would be considered a bonus, a fourth would feel like Christmas.

I would be thrilled just to get Magneto and Xavier (I know those are the two you heard are first and I hope you're right).

:exactly: Two there are no more no less (sometimes) :)

Agreed. If they take this line into more figures (meaning beyond all the young dudes), then I'd like to see them develop a female figure --- not Emma (too little screen time, really) but a Mystique TT would be a milestone.

:wink1:

Mystique would rock.

It sucks that when it comes to ensemble movies, you're sure to be missing characters when it comes to HT figures. Two figures or less per line is depressing, IMO, but I can deal if they make smart character choices (see Watchmen line for dumb choices).

Yeah, agreed. I just want a damn magneto!!! Maybe an Azazel as well. Watch hot toys give us a banshee and the lady CIA agent:rotfl

Yeah, agreed. I just want a damn magneto!!! Maybe an Azazel as well. Watch hot toys give us a banshee and the lady CIA agent:rotfl

Lady CIA agent = :love:love:love

Rose-Byrne.jpg

I liked Rose Byrne as Moira a lot, but she's definitely lower on my First Class want list. :lol

I really, really want a Magneto announcement. Like yesterday. I would like to be more patient, and I would like to be more trusting of HT to be smart about their choices, but......*shrugs* I can't manage either one.

I liked Rose Byrne as Moira a lot, but she's definitely lower on my First Class want list. :lol

I really, really want a Magneto announcement. Like yesterday. I would like to be more patient, and I would like to be more trusting of HT to be smart about their choices, but......*shrugs* I can't manage either one.

ehh knowing our luck, hot toys will scrap XMFC and just start making twilight and justin bieber figures. At least they'll sell though!

I would love to ____ Rose Byrne. Hard. As if I was trying to turn coals into diamonds but yeah I don't need a figure of her. Magento is my first wanted figure with everything else just icing on the cake. Azazel, Beast (even if it's a Morrison Cat inspired piece) and Mystique are actually higher on my list than Charles actually.

Please make a Magneto!!!!! I would like Frost too!

I want a havok figure mostly, I love his power and design, I would love a chest blast effect and maybe some arm ones, then I want magneto/Charles, then beast/mystique, then azazel

Do we know which figure they are doing first???

Gully has heard Magneto and Xavier, and a possiblity of Beast and Emma.

I think two is all we'll end up with - I have no faith in HT for multiple figures. I mean, it doesn't even look like we'll get Loki in the Thor line, which is just sad.

Back