Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

I didn't see how Banshee was like his comic counterpart at all. But then, neither was Prof. X. I would say they were equally different. I guess Prof. X gets the edge because he had the right philosophy, but his personality was out of left field. Actually, apart from Magneto and Beast, there wasn't much linking the movie characters to their comic counterparts in my opinion. Shaw, White Queen, Moira McTaggert, Banshee, Havok, Riptide. . .very little like their comic incarnations. More using existing names and powers and giving them different back stories and personalities. Still. . .great movie, but about as far removed from the source material as I've seen from a comic movie thus far.

^^^^^
See I wouldn't have known that at all. My three least favorites mutants in this where Banshee, Angel and the Guy who shot lasers out of his chest.

I didn't see how Banshee was like his comic counterpart at all. But then, neither was Prof. X. I would say they were equally different. I guess Prof. X gets the edge because he had the right philosophy, but his personality was out of left field. Actually, apart from Magneto and Beast, there wasn't much linking the movie characters to their comic counterparts in my opinion. Shaw, White Queen, Moira McTaggert, Banshee, Havok, Riptide. . .very little like their comic incarnations. More using existing names and powers and giving them different back stories and personalities. Still. . .great movie, but about as far removed from the source material as I've seen from a comic movie thus far.

None of the characters are like the comics, and most of the story deviates largely, but some of it is more similar then others.
Blue and yellow suit, stripped wings, red hair with sideburns, Sonic scream, playing for the good guys, all in with his comic character. The only things that are off is his origin, accent, and his age.
I should say more like his comic counterpart in appearance, which is good enough for me.
The first class was Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman (at this time more like snowman) and the first Angel. None were in the movie.
About the only characters that are closest to the comics from all the movies IMO are Magneto, and Beast.
Prof. X did participate in missions on very rare occasions but I never saw him as wearing a uniform and in the field, being in the wheelchair is more inline with my view of him.

Banshee's personality wasn't matching the comic counterpart but visually if you look at Banshee and the Jim Lee era 90s version it's pretty damn close which means you could have essentially a comic styled version visually from Hot Toys

425.banshee.lc.052611.jpg

Now that being said, I liked Banshee in the film more for the relation I had to the comics than the portrayal itself but literally after Charles and Xavier, it should go Mystique, Beast, Azazel, Emma (in Diamond form), Sebastian Shaw way before him, Angel, Darwin or even Havok. Mystique, Beast and Azazel just because visually they'll be outstanding figures and I'm interested what HT would do with a figure like Emma but essentially Havok, Banshee are just kids in a suit. Hell Angel or Darwin don't even have suits.

I liked Banshee. I honestly think he was one of my favorites of the younger mutants, but I adored how they all interacted and were portrayed.

I loved how they chose to portray Xavier in this movie. It might be different than in the comics, but IMO, it fit perfectly pre-Magneto, pre-paralyzed. Let's face it, he's a young, good looking guy with an extraordinary, persuasive power. He grew up privledged and though you can tell he's still very caring, compassionate, and idealistic, he's also a bit arrogant, naive and totally clueless when it comes to what's going on with his sister.

Magneto will be awesome! I hope for the yellow/blue outfit with helmet.

Honestly that outfit didn't impress me, felt kind of slapped together and the horns they put on the helmet looked ridiculous and oversized.

I'd expect the suit to be more refined for a sequel, so i'd prefer a x-suit with grey helmet magneto.

Honestly that outfit didn't impress me, felt kind of slapped together and the horns they put on the helmet looked ridiculous and oversized.

I'd expect the suit to be more refined for a sequel, so i'd prefer a x-suit with grey helmet magneto.

:exactly: flight suit or gtfo. :)

For me personally i just want the Fassbender magneto figure with the grey helmet and then i'll kitbash a magneto styled outfit myself of my own liking, i just like the grey helmet better than the red one with the giant crab claw on its forehead.

I just saw the movie yesterday. It was a month late but it's my way of avoiding annoying crowds (there was still some girl popping her gum behind me though and she wasn't a child). Anyways, the movie was great and I'm on board for seeing a Magneto figure (flight suit) soon.

I would only buy Magneto in his blue and yellow suit with helmet. Probably wouldn't buy him if he came in his end outfit.

Looks like the T-1000 statue but I would be pumped for some X-Men 1st class. Best movie I've seen all year. AWESOME.

That's probably why I liked it so much, felt fresh while still being respectful to what came before. Almost better than Dark of the Moon...almost. :nana:

X-Men First Class is definitely one of my favourite movies of all year and I know Hot Toys will give this line proper justice with a Magento and Xavier :D

Back