1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time they eventually announce Padawan Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon will be long sold out and you'll be paying double the price on him. Pre-order him now and save yourself the money, and the headache in the long run. They already teased Padawan Obi-Wan, but since they JUST put General Kenobi up for pre-order, I don't think we'll see the Padawan version any time soon. I'd guess not until next year, when Qui-Gon will definitely be sold out and expensive to get.

General Kenobi is not yet in pre-order and they didnt tease Padawan Obi.

I bought Chirrut and Im still waiting for Baze.

General Kenobi is not yet in pre-order and they didnt tease Padawan Obi.

I bought Chirrut and Im still waiting for Baze.

I bought Chirrut, waited for Baze and then eventually sold Chirrut and my other Rogue One figures. I think I would've kept them all and bought Krennic had they just made Baze... :gah:

Tons of Hot Toys delay emails going out today for various figures, but I haven't seen anyone posting Qui-Gon or Commander Cody delay emails anywhere. I got a delay notice for Gamora, but nothing for Qui-Gon or Cody, which should be my next two releases. I'm guessing since Qui-Gon is due into Sideshow September/October and Cody is October/November, they should be getting released soon. I would have imagined Hot Toys would have notified Sideshow of their delay, if they were coming, with the rest of the figures they notified them about. Either way, we should be seeing Qui-Gon released pretty soon.

Qui Gon in the background at their Taiwain Showcase (pics from Facebook), release soon?

117773307_10157451358887344_1450542284933735936_o.jpg

Are jango and qui gon the only 2 Star Wars figures on display? That?s alarming if so. Way to represent marvel though...

That sculpt looks fantastic! It seems different than the proto that's been on display previously, but might just be the lighting and picture quality... So ready to add this guy to my shelf.

I think for the next HT SW figure release it's a race between Jinn, Cody, Solo Maul, IG-11, and Heavy Mando.

I am going to guess that this time Jinn is actually next. If this gets passed over again it's clear HT doesn't give a **** as it was originally scheduled for Q1 this year. But I suppose I wouldn't be entirely shocked if it was IG-11 :lol

Looks way better than SSC release,but yes,a little off here compared to promo pics.
Will still be adding him to the collection to verse Maul 😁

If it is the production one, I'm relieved to see they left a little bit of the gray accents on the temples and the beard.
Hot toys has a tendency to dial that back a bit on figures. ROTS Kenobi and the Batfleck Bruce Wayne come to mind.

Glad to see an updated photo here even if it's from a con.... Not going to jump to any conclusions about how to figure really looks based on this, but it's great to have some kind of update.

Now about that Jango head sculpt....um, no.

Wow, I guess HT just said F it when it came to Qui Gon and Jango.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not their best effort, but compared to the OT heroes it's not bad IMO. I'd say the likeness isn't as good as ROTS Kenobi but it also doesn't have anything like that odd lip issue. The hair might present some challenges to posing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Especially Jango. The old "action collection" Hasbro 12 inch figure looks better than the HT one. The Qui-Gon one isn't bad...won't be surprising if it turns out to be the standard well-produced good-from-certain-angles head sculpt we've seen time and again from them.

Back