1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is price increase important? Do you buy for profit? Or do you mean "if you don't buy it, it'll be much mote expensive later on, so if you have intention buy it now"?

I don?t want to miss the window of time where a figure I want is easily available at retail price. This window is different for all figures and the price increase after is also different. Like with CW Anakin, I pre-ordered that right away because god forbid it goes on waitlist and immediately goes up $100+ in price on the secondary market when it comes out. It?s just always something that should be considered

Why is price increase important? Do you buy for profit? Or do you mean "if you don't buy it, it'll be much mote expensive later on, so if you have intention buy it now"?

I meant the latter. It's funny to me how anyone would not buy Qui-Gon now, but then if a TPM Obi-Wan is announced, they'll pay $350 for this once it's sold out. There's no way a TPM Obi-Wan isn't coming, so just get it now!

For me price increases are very important. Buying these things is getting more and more difficult to justify with the increasing costs, so if I want one I need to decide if I'm ok pre-ordering and having to pay sooner, or save up and buy it later at the risk of having to shell out more money.

Then nip the potentially increased price factor in the bud by pre-ordering day 1 at retail price. Problem solved.

If anyone is a fan of Star wars,the Prequels and even the Clone Wars,then just pre order Qui gon!!
The comparison to the Hot toys version and the Sideshow version is chalk and cheese.
Please release today Qui Gon!!!!

For me price increases are very important. Buying these things is getting more and more difficult to justify with the increasing costs, so if I want one I need to decide if I'm ok pre-ordering and having to pay sooner, or save up and buy it later at the risk of having to shell out more money.

Also agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me , i find it despicable that the figure price rises on secondary market just because a companion piece is released.

Its like a scalpers dream when you have two main characters being released from a Major Movie.

I have already seen Mauls price go up to $3000.000 AUD purely based on what I believe is the release of Qui Gon . I find this disturbing that people think they are King FKN **** . https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Darth-M...m4daa4a5c84:g:jIwAAOSw3utejSTB&frcectupt=true

Meanwhile you have middle-class income earners struggling to get the coin to pay for a figure but a scumbag will buy out the stock available and put the price up and up and up.

Then nip the potentially increased price factor in the bud by pre-ordering day 1 at retail price. Problem solved.

Yeah, but then I have to pay sooner and I have other higher priority figures to get. I'm going back and buying all the older SW figures that i missed out on which is eating away at my funds.

If it's a figure I'm 100% about, I try to preorder ASAP and I'll always use a payment plan so it doesn't sting so much. When it comes to $50ish a month for a few months, it's not so bad. SS isn't even the only game in town w/payment plans, some places use Partially and you can set up a plan with them.

For me, it's those "eh I dunno, I want to see the final product" figures that are tough. Sometimes I'm not 100% sure, or maybe I like the character but don't LOVE them, but if the final product is good I'll want it. There are some "Grey Area" figures, and that's where it gets sticky with a preorder.

Though I like Qui Gon, I didn't like the figure. Neeson has a very unique forehead and nose bridge and this figure lacks it. IMG_20200801_153047.jpg

Yes, but some unique features result in hit or miss. This is not Neeson. It's on par with Padme proto regarding resemblence, at least for me.

And that's why I am not interested in this figure though I like the character.

Back