1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likeness..

Jedi Luke 80%
Qui Gon : 70%

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I dont think its awful but its not the best they have done.

Seems any resemblance to the actor is fine for alot of people but knowing what HT can do? Then this is a miss...
93b92b41bcced58f82daaad85a0d81a8.jpg

84580207daa0195d801c4533b0ff21a5.jpg

That shot above used as a point of comparison is from one of the scenes done in reshoots and one thing every actor in the prequels suffered from was really bad continuity with hair and beards. The extensions are poor there and the pasted-on look of the beard wasn't good either. His look had more consistency during the main shoot and the figure's likeness fares better against shots from that.

Here's some screen snips for comparison from scenes that were from the main shoot:

Jinn01.JPG

Jinn02.JPG

Jinn03.JPG

I think it's a typical HT effort. Very well crafted and looks great from most angles but it still a little "off" somehow.
And let's not forget, production is going to soften that look a bit and in this case, that won't help.

It still beats the heck out of any earlier sixth-scale efforts we've seen. It's still a win. Can't wait to see more.

I know they used to do that in the past, but I think they’ve discontinued the practice after a lot of complaints. I’ll see if I can confirm.

Here's what AlterEgo says:

If you placed a pre-order with a credit card, your card will be authorized for the full amount of your order. This is NOT a charge and will drop off within a few business days.
Pre-orders will be charged $1 within 48 hours of ordering. This will be deducted from your order total and is a result of new credit card regulations. Basically, we have to charge you something today so that we can charge you the full amount when your order is ready to ship.

Nose and brow slightly off and zero interest for anything PT, but damn HT are killing it with the SW figures of late.

Congrats to all that wanted this.

Was hoping HT would at least finish off more OT characters before starting to meddle with the prequel stuff...

His stare in the eyes is also off. He looks like he's a little saddened, or feeling pity. Neeson did not have an angry emotion in the movie, but was not soft like this either. This is Nicolas Cage look. Qui Gon needs neutral but a firm look.

Qui-Gon.jpg

Kind of disappointed we didn't see a deluxe version with the above accessories included.

Ooooh this is a nice surprise. I'm down but will wait to order for a bit. Padawan Kenobi can't be far behind. You have to have the Theed Duel Trio.

I'm REALLY hoping we get Windu soon. Have to replace my custom Sideshow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back