1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No NDR at Alterego...

I've never understood why people are so resistant to a NRD. If you want the figure...you are going to pay it in the cost anyway...so what's the problem with paying for a little bit of it upfront?

Is it just me but seems like the HT sw releases are slowing down now?

There’s always more releases around the release of the new films. Even though there hasn’t been a film since last May we’ve still seen regular monthly releases. It’ll pick up massively around the time of The Mandalorian and Episode IX.

You gotta keep in mind they can only release a limited amount of references in a given time and spread that amount across all their licences. For my part i'm surprised we are getting that many knowing Avengers End Game is just a few weeks away. Comes may, we'll be swimming in Marvel announcements.

Yeah they have a lot of Star Wars in production currently, which is plenty considering all the aforementioned Marvel stuff that’s about to get revealed. I think once some of them start shipping we’ll get another slew of announcements.

I think it's a typical HT effort. Very well crafted and looks great from most angles but it still a little "off" somehow.
And let's not forget, production is going to soften that look a bit and in this case, that won't help.

It still beats the heck out of any earlier sixth-scale efforts we've seen. It's still a win. Can't wait to see more.

Yeah that's my take on it as well. The likeness may not be totally there, but in hand and under the right lighting it'll probably look really damn good regardless. Although along with the softer sculpt you can bet the hair will be a lot darker as well, so I'll probably need to lighten that up a bit like usual. Sigh.

Here's what AlterEgo says:

If you placed a pre-order with a credit card, your card will be authorized for the full amount of your order. This is NOT a charge and will drop off within a few business days.
Pre-orders will be charged $1 within 48 hours of ordering. This will be deducted from your order total and is a result of new credit card regulations. Basically, we have to charge you something today so that we can charge you the full amount when your order is ready to ship.

They also keep insisting that Paypal requires them to charge in full up front, which I've never seen with any other site I use. I've got some stuff ordered through them, but going through their crazy credit card process still makes me cringe every time.

I think the SW solicitations have been slow but consistent. It’s just when you compare it to Marvel, the wait between seems like forever. That said, this seems like a solid piece to me. Not 100% but Neesoms face, like Hamil and Ford has lots of nuance so might not get there all the way but I’m good with it. Was hoping for rooted hair, but oh well.

I keep seeing people post about rooted hair on this one but I don’t see where? His mustache?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're referring back to the custom sculpt on Page 7. Which I do think captures the feel of Neeson and his features a bit better, even if it's a bit rougher looking than the HT sculpt.

My main concern with sculpted hair would be that the mobility of head turning would be severely limited, no? Pretty much just a straight ahead facing pose.

And I think it looks fantastic, but the sculpt reminds me somewhat of Kurt Russell.

Articulation will be a hinderance and be regulated to a pose that makes the sculpted hair look normal. The same problem Thor Darkworld suffered from. Anything but a straight forward pose and the hair looks ridiculous.

For some reason the "desert poncho" look is my favourite...

54522416_2654180244654942_6760385962510909440_n.jpg

54436645_2654179951321638_7081006581122334720_n.jpg

55506826_2654180654654901_489200017714708480_n.jpg

Last edited:
Articulation will be a hinderance and be regulated to a pose that makes the sculpted hair look normal. The same problem Thor Darkworld suffered from. Anything but a straight forward pose and the hair looks ridiculous.

Yep. One of the drawbacks of sculpted long hair.

Back