1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you guys think Jedi Luke looks, "spot on." That seems to be the popular phrasing these days even though most people can't seem judge properly. Just because you're accepting of a mediocre sculpt, doesn't mean the likeness is good.

Wow, really? Condescend much?

Recognition of likeness is a subjective judgement not objective science. Just because you're sure you're right doesn't mean you are. You might want to try some respect and deference to your fellow collectors next time you post.

I bet you guys think Jedi Luke looks, "spot on." That seems to be the popular phrasing these days even though most people can't seem judge properly. Just because you're accepting of a mediocre sculpt, doesn't mean the likeness is good.

Ooooorrrrrr it's called art is entirely subjective. What looks great to some people, might not look as good to others.

It's a very good sculpt. Not Hot Toys' best, very far from their worst. Don't be a ****** just because you don't see it that way.

Looks good but probably not one I'll pre-order right away. Not really sure how deep I want to go with the prequels.

I'm super excited for this, but I do think it looks kind of like a mix between Qui-Gon and Charles Vayne from Black Sails. Regardless, I still love it and instant pre-order for me!

Hmm deep reflections...

I want this. Like, badly. But if i buy him, my other Sideshow Jedis will look even more like crap.

Also, they need to do EP1 Padawan Kenobi, because this feels like buying '66 Batman without Robin. It's weird.

I didn't order Maul, so I probably won't get this either. Wish I could get them both. Has anyone seen pics of Master Qui Gon with his Jedi robe hood up? I thought it was kinda odd there weren't any pics of that, was wondering if it's due to his sculpted hair and maybe hinders the hood from going over his head or looks wonky? At any rate, awesome piece and can't wait to see peoples display pics here when they have him with Maul.

Wonder if we’ll get Episode I Obi-Wan soon to go with this. I’d consider the two along with Maul for a duel of the fates display.

I like the sculpt but dammit root that hair, HT!

Really? I don't think they've successfully pulled off rooted hair on any figure. Granted, this Jedi's sculpted hair is gonna hinder articulation and maybe why I can't find any pics of him with his Jedi robe hood up, I just think rooted hair never looks good. Star Ace, Asmus, Hot Toys, ThreeZero, none of them look right to me. The HT Infinity War Black Widow would have been so much better with sculpted hair, especially because it was shorter in length than normal. Just my opinion though, maybe you can get a custom head with rooted hair.

Just because you are judging something mediocre doesn't necessarily make it so......

For my part...I think (Like Luke) the Qui-Gon sculpt is about 90% there. We can agree to disagree, art is not defined by fact....it's defined in the eye of the beholder...

My second ever day one preorder. The Hot Toys Daredevil was my other. Very excited for Qui-Gon...bring on Q1 2020 (yikes!) already.

Back