1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nose is a big part of it but they also missed his eye sockets, cheekbones/creases are wrong, forehead etc. It needs a good amount of work but we all know hot toys is done with it.

The Old Leia proto looked dreadful, yet the actual production piece looked like a shrunken Carrie Fisher.

They can tweak if deemed necessary.

Not mine.

52984128_1290929127725768_8997638129259118592_n.jpg
54434598_1290929321059082_41853541471485952_n.jpg
55443349_1290929231059091_989528046585249792_n.jpg
54257877_1290929181059096_4033284061165256704_n.jpg

Great looking prototype. As usual, HT seems to not have much of an issue with the PT sculpts. However, despite how neat this looks, I have no interest in delving that deep into the PT. If did go beyond RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan though as far as heroes are concerned, this would be the third.

I wish I could see what a lot of others see, because I was quite looking forward to Qui-Gon, but sadly for me the more I look at it the less I like it, likeness wise. That's not to say it's terrible, but it just isn't the full Liam to me. And with prequel figures, if I'm not fully sold I'm not buying...or at least I'm not pre-ordering anyway. If it comes out looking better in hand, then I'll bite, but for me right now I'm just going to have to let this one slide.

$235 isn’t as bad as I thought. I’ll bite eventually, after the in hand pics start showing up. In a year!!

Just because you are judging something mediocre doesn't necessarily make it so......

For my part...I think (Like Luke) the Qui-Gon sculpt is about 90% there. We can agree to disagree, art is not defined by fact....it's defined in the eye of the beholder...

Luke was one of the worst. I own anh Luke which the sculpt is horrible and when I got in Jedi Luke, it was just about as bad, especially that awful hair piece. Everyone I showed the figure to said it didn't look like Luke. I was also dissapointed in the crappy clothes and fat suit, returned it and got my money back. People like to give things a pass because they've waited a long time for something to finally be made. If it's not good and not worth my money, it gets returned.

Mother F###in NRD at BBTS :pfft:

2020 release

Sorry but I”ll just have to wait until next year

$234.99 oh HTs for just a basic figure :slap

Luke was one of the worst. I own anh Luke which the sculpt is horrible and when I got in Jedi Luke, it was just about as bad, especially that awful hair piece. Everyone I showed the figure to said it didn't look like Luke. I was also dissapointed in the crappy clothes and fat suit, returned it and got my money back. People like to give things a pass because they've waited a long time for something to finally be made. If it's not good and not worth my money, it gets returned.

And...I think Jedi Luke is one of the best sculpts I've seen of Luke. I'm not giving it "a pass" I genuinely think it looks good...you dont...that's fine. It dosent make your OPINION a fact and it dosent make MY opinion wrong.

It looks great. I like the "lived-in" look of the outfit, the boots look good. Wonder if the poncho will be wired? Hope so!

I'm liking the portrait. As I mentioned earlier, it has a more serene expression, not a vacant one. It'll be great to see the proto at shows later this year. I'm glad this went up for PO before the next Marvel wave hits. And now, the wait begins. ..

Now we need Padawan Obi-wan, Windu and Jango. And still Padme if they ever care to reveal her..

These prequel figures are irresistible!

You got to be kidding?
That looks like a fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pics posted of the custom aren’t the best but if you check out Jin Toys’ Instagram, the proto sculpt of Qui Gon looks pretty good, so no I’m not kidding.

I'm not 100% sold on the sculpt, hope there's some tweaks. I think it's better than Jin's from what I've seen.

I saw the pics from secret base with all the accessories, what do you think of the arm with the sleeve on it, is that molded plastic? Just seemed odd to see the lightsaber arm as not just a bare arm.

Back