Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The helmets that come with these guys are a pain in the *** just like Loki's :lol

They come assembled already but are not on the figure sculpt, so you have to break them down into 3 pieces and re-assemble them for the figure to wear.

Sounds simple, but the helmet for my foot soldier is a stubborn pos. I can't get it to disassemble, may have to try the hair dryer trick when I get a moment.

Like they already mentioned, the FS helmet is only two pieces and actually comes apart as it should; the helmet can be worn alone and just the face mask comes off like the reveal in the flick. That's something that HT actually improved for accuracy from proto to production. The helmet in the protos didn't have the guard that covers the nose bridge as it appears in the movie but they added that for the production pieces. Still not exactly accurate but better than the protos IMO

y5u4ugy4.jpg

tu5ujugy.jpg

As for the Commander's helmet, I found it really easy to do in two pieces. Like keep the top and one side together, fit that onto the sculpt and all you have to do is attach one side instead of snapping all three sides around the head

Sean Long's Chitauri review on youtube. ... google for it.... time mark: 3.40 minutes in

Hi appreciate the lead, mate! I don't think i can rep you since am no premium freak... Thanks very much again!

Like they already mentioned, the FS helmet is only two pieces and actually comes apart as it should; the helmet can be worn alone and just the face mask comes off like the reveal in the flick. That's something that HT actually improved for accuracy from proto to production. The helmet in the protos didn't have the guard that covers the nose bridge as it appears in the movie but they added that for the production pieces. Still not exactly accurate but better than the protos IMO

Thanks! I'll have to give it a shot, knowing it's 2 pieces may help lol. I refuse to watch S.L. videos though, so I'll be winging it. The commander's helmet was finicky but I did manage to get that done.

I received my replacement commander body/head from SS. Such a shame I have to destroy the original body (torn neck armor). What's the best way to destroy it?

Anyone international order the duo set from SS? How much was the shipping?

For me to Canada, $60 shipping from SS and $80 import taxes.

Mine was $50 shipping and $36 in taxes

Well that doesn't help...I have a Fed Ex account, so there are no processing fees ($10)...and only one tax in Alberta, 2 in BC / ON and PQ...but at least the shipping from SSC should have been the same... Indiana did you get a box pack out? ($10?)

This thread seems pretty dead... think I'll be getting the Commander figure soon in a trade. Don't think I need both figures, but will be glad to add one to the Avengers display.

Well my trade for the Commander didn't work out, but I found one on ebay brand new for $180 shipped and grabbed it. Guy has two left if anyone was waiting for a deal to grab this.

Still surprised the thread is totally dead. Are people not enjoying theirs?

its a mediocre release that long missed the hype train... and since the new phase 2 movies are out theres been some cooler villains

Well my trade for the Commander didn't work out, but I found one on ebay brand new for $180 shipped and grabbed it. Guy has two left if anyone was waiting for a deal to grab this.

Still surprised the thread is totally dead. Are people not enjoying theirs?

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Pretty quiet around here but I'm thoroughly digging mine! My local guy got his stock in and he has two foot soldiers held for me (I already have the 2-pack). I'm debating if I should even go for another Soldier or maybe another Commander...

Back