Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a mediocre release that long missed the hype train... and since the new phase 2 movies are out theres been some cooler villains

Makes sense. What do people find mediocre about them? They look pretty great in photos. I guess maybe HT just underestimated Avengers hype bc Chitauri aren't specific villains, but really just a hoard... stormtroopers without the decades old charm.

Looking forward to having one though. My shelf with Hulk and Loki is begging for it.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Pretty quiet around here but I'm thoroughly digging mine! My local guy got his stock in and he has two foot soldiers held for me (I already have the 2-pack). I'm debating if I should even go for another Soldier or maybe another Commander...

The 2 pack is too rich for my blood with this. Certainly wouldn't mind having the footsoldier or the extra weapons, but I think I'll be pretty happy with just the commander. Also my Avengers detolf really only has room for one more figure before it gets too cluttered or I change it around completely.

its a mediocre release that long missed the hype train... and since the new phase 2 movies are out theres been some cooler villains

IDK. Personally I've been into the release since announcement. I figured that there were enough others who feel the same way being that the 2-pack has been wait listed forever and low quantity alerts and the both singles

Makes sense. What do people find mediocre about them? They look pretty great in photos. I guess maybe HT just underestimated Avengers hype bc Chitauri aren't specific villains, but really just a hoard... stormtroopers without the decades old charm.

Looking forward to having one though. My shelf with Hulk and Loki is begging for it.

I can only speak for myself and my close friends, we dont like how bland the skin looks (accurate or not) and we HATE that the head dress was glues down and the head cant turn, and ive yet to see a good blasting pose that I would want in my display. the figure aside I really dont even dig the chitauri designs even in the movie. when I saw the one in guardians I couldn't care less... Dark elves and the new soldiers from Guardians are way more appealing to me. Also they posed really no major threat in the movie, didnt see anyone die, all they hit were cars and debris and got beat to **** by regulars like widow and hawkeye. I would however probably buy the Thanos's Chitauri assistant (sorcerer looking guy)

IDK. Personally I've been into the release since announcement. I figured that there were enough others who feel the same way being that the 2-pack has been wait listed forever and low quantity alerts and the both singles

could also be that instead of 10000 of each they did 5000 for the 2 pack and 5000 of the singles, thus keeping the quantities the same but seems like they sold through more

... that's the way I view them too. Cool design, there was a enough amount of homage paid to the comics (these being sort of substitute Skrulls), and they even went as far as giving them a cameo in Guardians which maintains continuity as well as their place in the MCU

could also be that instead of 10000 of each they did 5000 for the 2 pack and 5000 of the singles, thus keeping the quantities the same but seems like they sold through more

Agreed, this release wouldn't warrant Iron Man numbers, but I'm sure a fair amount was still made for the release to be worth it considering there is minimal reuse in parts and they majority of the set required new, specific molds that won't lead to any reuse.

I can only speak for myself and my close friends, we dont like how bland the skin looks (accurate or not) and we HATE that the head dress was glues down and the head cant turn, and ive yet to see a good blasting pose that I would want in my display. the figure aside I really dont even dig the chitauri designs even in the movie. when I saw the one in guardians I couldn't care less... Dark elves and the new soldiers from Guardians are way more appealing to me. Also they posed really no major threat in the movie, didnt see anyone die, all they hit were cars and debris and got beat to **** by regulars like widow and hawkeye. I would however probably buy the Thanos's Chitauri assistant (sorcerer looking guy)

Yeah I can agree with all that. Hey I by no means jumped on this release lol. They were certainly overpriced too.

I wonder what the Thanos assistant guy is named... not that it matters
Spoiler Spoiler:
, but I wonder if he is supposed to be the movie version of Corvus Glaive (or vice versa) as their faces look a little similar. Even though the Glaive character only appeared in comics a few years after Avengers.

Yeah I can agree with all that. Hey I by no means jumped on this release lol. They were certainly overpriced too.

I wonder what the Thanos assistant guy is named... not that it matters
Spoiler Spoiler:
, but I wonder if he is supposed to be the movie version of Corvus Glaive (or vice versa) as their faces look a little similar. Even though the Glaive character only appeared in comics a few years after Avengers.

Id buy him just to display with
Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

#winning

13905_332534926924226_1533515541072245057_n.jpg

It's pics like this that make it hard to decide how many Chitauri I need. I'm leaning toward 3 Soldiers and a Commander but then I see pics like this and want to go 4 & 2.

:hi5:

They do look damn cool in a squad with Loki at point. I was also thinking that a few more would be necessary if I ever did a battle dio. If I only have 4 and Hulk has one in each hand... then that doesn't leave too many for the rest of the team to play with :lol. There's my answer. 4 & 2 it is

Surfing on eBay I happened to find the commander chitauri brand new sealed in box for 195 shipped. Didn't plan on buying this but that was too hard to pass at that price. Now my hulk has a companion, lol

Trying my best to keep it at 2 foot soldiers, the commander and Loki to battle the team of 6 Avengers for my set-up. Just waiting for the last foot soldier to arrive and I'll set up the display in my new house in the living room this fall. Should keep me amped on Avengers leading up to the release of AOU next May! :rock

Back