1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red eyed Jawa's in corduroy outfits :gah:. Nice range of motion on those Gonk legs though.

Bit ape like here
97251182_10157206708252344_7854637110047801344_o.jpg

Red eyes?
That's Mando territory.
REALLY hope they come with yellow eyes or I'll be disappointed.
So far a good run of star wars lately with Krennic,Solo x 3 and Jawa shipping.
Add to that TCW Rex reveal,rehash TESB Vader and the Kennee Fett..

My biggest worry is that he'll look too different to the existing SS versions, which i'm keeping hold of.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

...kind of underwhelming I have to say. The hood looks to be easier than SSC to futz. The robes look ok, but quite stiff:
7a763b2467c541e5d30a92af8d786e37.jpg

The leatherwork doesn?t come anywhere near the Sideshow ones. While sideshow looks and feels (and maybe is) real leather, this one looks like pleather.
Also the Gonk looks kind of flat in the paint...
I?m usually quite optimistic and easy to please with these things, but not this time...
89bf8e04563395811d195f856c492c48.jpg

Sideshow:
07a681b9b7046ffb758737d0a3222101.jpg

c22f04bea862b242766c71fff91b73e9.jpg

I preordered this and paid for it and now I kind of regret it. I have two sets of the SSC Jawas and a custom gonk that I like better... so I?m a bit disappointed for now.

Agree I think the sideshow ones beat this, apart from the body’s of course. Sideshows belts look some much better. Can see these sitting around for a while for the price

The ss Jawas were panned heavily upon release. I?m sure blogger pics didn?t help this. In hand, these will be fine. I?m not panicked, yet.
I do think these will go quickly like krennic and mud trooper. Probably a small production run.

Should get mine once the airmal restriction from HK to UK lifts. The robes loook good. Agree the leather work could have been better, and in-hand pics will give us a better indication of the eye colour. Either way, looking forward to getting this set.

Pretty cool that this is already released. I'll be curious to compare the HT to the Sideshow. Wish it was easier and cheaper to get the HT Jawas in numbers. As it is if you want multiples you have to buy a Gonk too, and the price for the pair seems awful high. So only one for me most likely. I do also think the run for these will be quite small.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

...kind of underwhelming I have to say. The hood looks to be easier than SSC to futz. The robes look ok, but quite stiff:
7a763b2467c541e5d30a92af8d786e37.jpg

The leatherwork doesn?t come anywhere near the Sideshow ones. While sideshow looks and feels (and maybe is) real leather, this one looks like pleather.
Also the Gonk looks kind of flat in the paint...
I?m usually quite optimistic and easy to please with these things, but not this time...
89bf8e04563395811d195f856c492c48.jpg

Sideshow:
07a681b9b7046ffb758737d0a3222101.jpg

c22f04bea862b242766c71fff91b73e9.jpg

I preordered this and paid for it and now I kind of regret it. I have two sets of the SSC Jawas and a custom gonk that I like better... so I?m a bit disappointed for now.

The Sideshow leather does definitely seem to look better. The HT robes look better though, the pattern looks more accurate and the weathering is better. The blasters from both companies look cool. I can only assume the HT body and ease of articulation will be vastly improved.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Interesting comments. All mirror my thoughts about not pre-ordering this release

High price : $267 unshipped !! Wow. If they'd included 2 Jawas, then this price makes sense.
Boring simple paint app on the Gonk
Plain looking robes
Clean pleather leather bandoliers

Just uninspiring really.

I guess they could be weathered up ourselves but for the price they should be looking perfect...

I'm also not confident the Hot Toys will be better on their feet. Yoda also had his issues standing. Probably the same body I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't know how to find Hot Toys' page on facebook?

That's not the most practical conclusion to arrive at. I'm not familiar with Hot Toys practice of posting production photos upon release. I was thinking they were in-hand photos from another source.

Don't worry though, I've found them.

Back