1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The custom gonk that rustyj sculpted (resin casts recently shown in customs section) is more accurate than the Hot Toys version. I'm still curious to see how the HT one turns out but the rustyj one just looks noticeably better, and I believe he's offering it painted by Pete (part of the custom landspeeder team.)

Yeah the custom has a more accurate design, but honestly I'm still feeling more tempted by the HT version which you can put in walking poses and convey a bit more personality with.

Yeah the custom has a more accurate design, but honestly I'm still feeling more tempted by the HT version which you can put in walking poses and convey a bit more personality with.

Yeah, not that gonks are known for kung-fu poses, but I am curious what HT means by those "Newly developed body with 8 points of articulation" for their gonk.

From the pics, it just seems like the HT feet and legs are just one hard sculpted plastic piece that have ball joints further up inside the body. Maybe the ribbed leg tubes are in fact soft/rubbery and there are also actual ankle joints inside in addition to those higher-up ball joints.

Though I don't recall seeing any pics where the feet are in different positions relative to the legs to prove that ankle articulation is there - the feet/ankle/leg seems rigid. You'd think one pic would show a slightly curved leg/ankle if it was rubbery.

But really not sure where those 4 other points of articulation come in. Maybe some of the flat details on the body rotate or something?:dunno Or maybe that is just an error. No idea how you get 8 points into a box with two stalk legs.:lol

With rusyj's gonk, I don't see any reason why ball joints couldn't be installed at the top of those leg stalkss to get similar articulation seen in the HT preview pics. There's a moderate amount of customs skills needed to do that I guess though. Really all you'd need is the legs splayed a bit and the body tilted slightly to get some personality, and ball joints would achieve both.

I'm really just curious how the HT fabric comes out for the robe. It is a super, super tricky thing to get right and if you go with accurate texture, those types of fabrics don't drape well. Sideshow seemed to go with a fabric that flowed/draped really well (you can really futz the crap out of it) versus something that has the exact right weave to it.

I wonder if HT has found a "bullseye" fabric that looks right but also drapes very well. Given how poorly stuff like the HT Ben robe and the HT Leia dress came out (both very tricky fabrics to get right) my guess is not. HT Ben's robe is almost a light chamois fabric and the HT Leia dress is almost like very light shower curtain fabric.

This is true. Hot Toys ANH Leia is the only figure I've gone the custom outfit route with it was so bad. Basically meant I paid Hot Toys full figure price for a headsculpt and base (close to zero accessories but hey, I got a box to take up more storage space). But with the Yunsil dress that fig is damn near perfect.

This is true. Hot Toys ANH Leia is the only figure I've gone the custom outfit route with it was so bad. Basically meant I paid Hot Toys full figure price for a headsculpt and base (close to zero accessories but hey, I got a box to take up more storage space). But with the Yunsil dress that fig is damn near perfect.

Yep, I did the same for ANH Leia but used the fantastic (and less expensive) Coco dress. It does make a big difference.

Might hold off after all on this set and see if they end up doing off world Jawas since they?re really going after the Mando line.

Yep, I did the same for ANH Leia but used the fantastic (and less expensive) Coco dress. It does make a big difference.

Yeah, I just got Coco's dress, looks amazing. Haven't put it on yet though.

EDIT: Sorry, that reads weird.:lol

Damn, I didn?t know Yunsil made an ANH Leia dress???

Where do you go to get onboard with these customs since the forum clamp down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Thanks!

But some jacka$$ stole my user name. What a d**k move!

Guess I?ll be WTC there thanks to some unoriginal jerk.

Sure it's not actually you?

https://customonesixth.com/index.php?members/waste-time-continuum.44828/

Our accounts here were transferred over there.

lol yeah it was you! All your account info and password even were transferred there.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Dear lord. I forgot how pretentious the (non-SW) custom community can sometimes get.

I?ve gone through too many pages of Breaking Bad, American Psycho, and There Will Be Blood, customs to see maybe 2 custom SW figure threads there.

I?m just not smart enough to understand why someone would want a display case full of regular looking people wearing mostly modern street cloths that I could look out my window and see.

At the end of the day I?m just a kid inside that loves to look at monsters and robots.

Rant over [emoji2957]

Haha, well once again I?m the jerk getting in my way!

Thanks for setting me straight.

:rotfl

Dear lord. I forgot how pretentious the (non-SW) custom community can sometimes get.

I?ve gone through too many pages of Breaking Bad, American Psycho, and There Will Be Blood, customs to see maybe 2 custom SW figure threads there.

I?m just not smart enough to understand why someone would want a display case full of regular looking people wearing mostly modern street cloths that I could look out my window and see.

At the end of the day I?m just a kid inside that loves to look at monsters and robots.

Rant over [emoji2957]

:rotfl:rotfl

:clap There is only one WTC.

Rant over [emoji2957]

In general yeah I'm surprised how few Star Wars custom parts and figures are made out there. Or even other sci-fi movies, but there's a custom run for Tony Stark's clothing set at the end of Iron Man 3 lol.

Back