1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely prefer the robes on these to the ones on my Sideshow figures, but it's not enough for me to want to trade up. And I'd much rather have a pair of Jawas than one Jawa and a Gonk.

Plus I thought Sideshow captured how the eyes looked on screen a lot better. These inset squinty ones just look weird.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Second Jawa + Tusken Raider 2 pack for the win !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to recall HT teased an R5-D4 some time ago. It's feasible they could release another Jawa with that. A Tusken + Jawa pack would be great but a Tusken + Bantha pack would be better ;-)

Hopefully we get a video soon from the guy who has his kids with him. His videos have grown on me. I don?t even like my kids looking at my collection, let alone unboxing new arrivals.

This looks pretty good to me. Really wishing it wasn’t so costly for what it is, but I think I‘ll try and grab one eventually. Like others have mentioned it’s too bad this wasn’t two Jawas and a Gonk. Would have made it seem more worth it. I get it though too that this is probably a set that’s going to be low production run and had to be priced higher in order to justify it being made at all.

Even since prices are on a consistent rise in this hobby I feel even if they charged another $20 on top of this and throwing in the taller Jawa more people might have bit. Also since the Mandalorian has taken off so well there will most likely be a set of Offworld Jawas with a possible egg accessory. I would take that over this set .🥚✨Sukahhh!

$300 for two Jawas probably would've gotten me to bite, Gonk Droid or not. But I just don't wanna spend the MSRP on accessory characters.

I think Hot Toys play is to combine Jawas with droids that may not sell so well by themselves.

I could totally see an R5-D4 release with the second Jawa. People will want more than one Jawa, and will think "I could make the Luke/SandCrawler scene with 2 Jawas, a Gonk and R5-D4 & R2-D2".

Then suddenly you've spent 2 x $265 = $530. Over half a grand for 2 Jawas and droids you may not have bought at all by themselves.

I guess we'll see.

I seem to recall HT teased an R5-D4 some time ago. It's feasible they could release another Jawa with that. A Tusken + Jawa pack would be great but a Tusken + Bantha pack would be better ;-)

R5 was teased along Gonk and 2 jawas back then. When this set went up for PO, i would have thought R5 and the remaining Jawa would be next in line.

I think Hot Toys play is to combine Jawas with droids that may not sell so well by themselves.

I could totally see an R5-D4 release with the second Jawa. People will want more than one Jawa, and will think "I could make the Luke/SandCrawler scene with 2 Jawas, a Gonk and R5-D4 & R2-D2".

Then suddenly you've spent 2 x $265 = $530. Over half a grand for 2 Jawas and droids you may not have bought at all by themselves.

I guess we'll see.

R5 was teased along Gonk and 2 jawas back then. When this set went up for PO, i would have thought R5 and the remaining Jawa would be next in line.

:lecture This sounds like a plausible Evil HT Business Model.
Man I want that R4 unit the teased!

:lecture This sounds like a plausible Evil HT Business Model.
Man I want that R4 unit the teased!

Yeah, if it works out like that it certainly would be a brilliant piece of marketing. I already got the Sideshow R5, but would really like a 3rd Jawa.

Yeah, if it works out like that it certainly would be a brilliant piece of marketing. I already got the Sideshow R5, but would really like a 3rd Jawa.

The SSC R5 is an extremely well done droid - although slightly outta Scale , but I?m fine perfectly with that.

...until HT puts out a nicer version :lol

I passed on SSC R5D4 even though it was a nice looking piece, but I think I'd buy the hell out of an HT R5. That droid was a favourite Kenner figure when I was a kid.

I like the robes on these, though as expected they don't quite have the flow/futz-ability of the Sideshow robes. You can see in a few pics where the lower robes seem a bit stiff/flat, but in about half the pics they seem okay. I love the weave look. The weathering is also a bit beter than the Sideshow robes, though some SSC robes look much better than than others.

The gun is also a really nice sculpt, but the bandoliers are not as good as the Sideshow versions as a few have mentioned - like not even close. The SSc versions are a bit more accurate and look like real leather - these look very pleather-y.

While I guess you rarely see them, the feet/lower legs on these look pretty strange - skinny and undersized.

Really not a fan of how they did the whole face/eyes/inner hood. HT seems to have made the mistake of using the SW exhibitions costume as the basis, not what they were like in ANH. The costumes were an actor with a black hood covered in gaffer's tape to secure lights "goggles" whereas LFL seems to have made a kind of "cloth face" for the exhibitions (or maybe they were made for ROTJ, not as many ref pics for ROTJ Jawas.) So it's not like a black-color head within a hood, it's more like a black fabric shield as the face that attaches directly to the outer edges of the brown hood.

Like in the movie, I guess you only see it in certain lighting, but really not a fan.:( And the black plastic upper "eyelids" I don't like either. Maybe some of this relates to the way they are in Mando?

DyxgkCg.jpg

Back