1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best thing about this release. Awesome pose idea for my Sideshow pair.

97953723_10157206696957344_3420247247110012928_o.jpg

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Interesting comments. All mirror my thoughts about not pre-ordering this release

High price : $267 unshipped !! Wow
Boring simple paint app on the Gonk
Plain looking robes
Clean pleather leather bandoliers

Just uninspiring really.

I guess they could be weathered up ourselves but for the price they should be looking perfect...

I'm also not confident the Hot Toys will be better on their feet. Yoda also had his issues standing. Probably the same body I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had the SS and sold them, mainly because I wasn't thrilled by the bodies and robes. The HT robes look better, and I'm sure the body is, but now I'm thinking I would still want two Jawa, but with the SS leather gear since it has two different versions and is clearly nicer, but then I start thinking of the outlay to get all that and it seems like a big money pit.

Yeah, I had the SS and sold them, mainly because I wasn't thrilled by the bodies and robes. The HT robes look better, and I'm sure the body is, but now I'm thinking I would still want two Jawa, but with the SS leather gear since it has two different versions and is clearly nicer, but then I start thinking of the outlay to get all that and it seems like a big money pit.

Yep, for the price they really should and could have had 2 Jawas. There's not much to them. That Gonk also probably costs them around $20-$30 to make if that.

I'll likely only ever own two of the Hot Toys Jawas if they came at a steep discount. Which probably won't happen. I can't justify spending over $550 just to get two Jawas. I also don't need two Gonk droids.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll release a two-pack without the droid in the future. Three Jawas and one Gonk droid sounds like a much better balance.

Picked up a set for $230. Pretty steep but I would like atleast one Jawa on my shelf. If they release a 2pack I?ll pick those up too

Yep, for the price they really should and could have had 2 Jawas. There's not much to them. That Gonk also probably costs them around $20-$30 to make if that.

Honestly, for this price, it should be 2 Jawas and GONK. I'm guessing HT expected lower orders so they upped the price.

This would have been an order for sure if it was a 2-pack, especially for the price. Now, with seeing the so-so leather works, I may pass altogether. I'll wait to see real in-hand pics.

Otherwise I'll wait in case HT ever decides to make a 2-pack, or else even consider the Sideshow pair. They look pretty good, but as always, HT still ends up better when comparing side by side. Maybe the HT leather works don't look as bad IRL, especially when taking everything else into account.

They do look cool and I love that shot on the Sith speeder :lol
It?s funny how HT pulled one of the Jawas after checking profit margins. Remember it was originally previewed as ?Jawas and Gonk? at SDCC.

They do look cool and I love that shot on the Sith speeder :lol
It?s funny how HT pulled one of the Jawas after checking profit margins. Remember it was originally previewed as ?Jawas and Gonk? at SDCC.

They obviously realized that every collector yearns for an army of Jawas and Gonk droids.

They probably thought Gonk couldn't sell on its own so had to bundle him with a jawa. And if there was a stand alone Jawa, most people would just get that, so this needed to be the only option. Once this is sold out then they can release the Jawas on their own. They could do a Mandalorian version.

It would be easier if they didn't make gonk but im glad they did cause no one else is going to.

They should have done a deluxe sandcrawler droid set and put Gonk and R5-D4 together, then sold the 2 Jawas together.

An eventual HT two pack would be great and logical but I don't think HT thinks this way. They will probably assume since preorder numbers were low on this(in large part because it's overpriced) the interest isn't there(not exactly true).

I could possibly see them doing Jawa's from The Mandalorian. It would be kinda irritating to see a two pack of those if an OT one isn't offered. But even if they offered an OT two pack it would be kind irritating they didn't offer it in the first place :lol

They probably thought Gonk couldn't sell on its own so had to bundle him with a jawa.

You'd think they could have just released a twin pack of Jawas along with this two-pack. Slightly different heights/designs for the Jawas and/or different accessories.

It's likely though that they wanted to charge as much as possible for the Gonk droid so went this route. This pricing would look even less attractive compared to a similarly priced Jawa two-pack. We'll probably get that later, once these have sold out and they've gotten their money.

I might swap the leather from one of my Sideshow Jawas to this guy. Probably swap it from my Jabba's palace one, he is kinda hidden back in the shadows so wouldn't really be able to tell.

Back