Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid question perhaps. Could this work with my old mark iii? was wondering if there are compatibility issues with, say for instance, the chest piece being held by the gantry.

It'd only work with the Mark III BD because that is the only older Mark with removable chest.....but then you wouldn't have a full Tony sculpt since that one came with a fliptop....

If you DONT have a iron man figure... this set is the most cost effective in terms of the FIGURE alone. Actually, you'll save enough on the FIgure to make the price on the gantry itself manageable.

With the basic price of the Gantry it makes the Mark IV only $140 which is a steal considering recent eBay auctions.

In my opinion, yes this set is a great start to your IM line if you have no figures. This set gives you the Mark IV (which was voted the best IM figure in this forum not long ago) as well as a very cool gantry diorama to display the figure on. For the price of the set you really can't beat it.

It's very worth it for a starter like you! :wink1:

You get to buy Mark IV w/ a cheaper price unlike the price of the single released Mark IV nowadays. :monkey1

Thank you guys, I think I will order this SOON...Mark IV looks great and the gantry is so cool, they gonna demand attention on top of my besta.

Couple more questions:

- Double-sided graphics on gantry base
- Three-layered convertible gantry base with light-up functions

282114_10150240451427344_58690437343_7676975_4338509_n.jpg

Isn't the black gantry base (not the white) the one that Tony Stark used in the movie? Do we have a picture when the base is light up?

I read somewhere that someone thought the iron monger is going to cost $500. Is that crazy or what? I think people should stop posting ridiculous prices.

Because if we wish really really hard, we can bring Tinkerbell back to life!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

This thread is awesome. The "betrayal" of hot toys for those that buy half a dozen Iron Mans.

:goodpost: :clap

You, sir, win one internet. :wink1:

If the juvenile whining of this thread could be harnessed as energy,
Saudi Arabia would be outta business. :monkey2

Fan reaction is probably one of the lower considerations on the list when deciding the price.

Actually, it has no consideration. :cuckoo:
Their price points are established before release and are based on material & manufacturing costs (and of course licensing fees). What the crying hordes fail to realize is the economic reality of China at the moment. The yuan is ascendent, and the yankee dollar is cratering. :medic

But geopolitics and world economies mean little to Timmy when he cries "Momma, I want one!"

claimcryingbaby.jpg

Stupid question perhaps. Could this work with my old mark iii? was wondering if there are compatibility issues with, say for instance, the chest piece being held by the gantry.

The way I'm planning on displaying it is having my original Mark III in place with his arms in the side pieces, his helmet in the back mechanism, and just forget about the chest piece.

Thank you guys, I think I will order this SOON...Mark IV looks great and the gantry is so cool, they gonna demand attention on top of my besta.

Couple more questions:

- Double-sided graphics on gantry base
- Three-layered convertible gantry base with light-up functions

282114_10150240451427344_58690437343_7676975_4338509_n.jpg

Isn't the black gantry base (not the white) the one that Tony Stark used in the movie? Do we have a picture when the base is light up?

Yep the black one is Stark's Lab and the white one is the Stark Expo, i haven't seen the lights in any pics, didnt actually know til i read your post :wave

I'm guessing the panels snap off and reverse to snap back in rather than just flipping the whole platform over.

This gantry makes me wish we would get a Pepper Pots for recreating the "This isn't the worst thing you've caught me doing" scene.

Their price points are established before release and are based on material & manufacturing costs (and of course licensing fees).

Completely and utterly wrong.

Without going into speculative economics, just look at the Mark IV/VI:

Very, very little changed between the two (aside from two manufacturing/engineering tweaks - reveal helmet/chest piece), and the cost of the figure actually increased.

I seriously doubt that the licensing costs for the gantry were higher than for any of the Mark suits (including the likeness of Robert Downey, Jr.). The engineering is certainly impressive, and certainly costly, but twice the amount of a figure - a figure with a head sculpt of a famous actor that has to be approved at several levels?

I'm no expert, and I could very well be wrong.

I don't feel that any of us who are complaining about the price are whining. Given the state of this hobby and it's radically changing landscape, I would be more worried if there WASN'T complaining.

Completely and utterly wrong.

Without going into speculative economics, just look at the Mark IV/VI:

Very, very little changed between the two (aside from two manufacturing/engineering tweaks - reveal helmet/chest piece), and the cost of the figure actually increased.

I seriously doubt that the licensing costs for the gantry were higher than for any of the Mark suits (including the likeness of Robert Downey, Jr.). The engineering is certainly impressive, and certainly costly, but twice the amount of a figure - a figure with a head sculpt of a famous actor that has to be approved at several levels?

I'm no expert, and I could very well be wrong.

I don't feel that any of us who are complaining about the price are whining. Given the state of this hobby and it's radically changing landscape, I would be more worried if there WASN'T complaining.

Best thing to do is to ignore him.
In his mind everyone who protests Hot Toys' inflated prices are poor and deserve to shop at Toys'R'Us. Don't waste another minute of your time on sheep like him. Oops I just wasted another minute.

Best thing to do is to ignore him.
In his mind everyone who protests Hot Toys' inflated prices are poor and deserve to shop at Toys'R'Us. Don't waste another minute of your time on sheep like him. Oops I just wasted another minute.

Never believe a man who can't follow his own advice . . . :rotfl

I never said any of the things you claim I did. Your anger has made you blind.

I've just pointed out that it's pointless to whine about HT stuff being too expensive. I also pointed out you're crying over toys.

Don't get your kilt in a twist. :peace

Back