Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proto pics never cease to amaze me. HT's attention to detail is second to none, IMO.

That's what I've been saying too, people should stop guessing or posting what they're willing to pay for a figure and wait until the price gets revealed.

Or maybe we can start posting these instead...

"Wow! Awesome figure! A must get! I bet it's around $100-$150 tops! I would never pay over $200 though!"

Umm it is a reasonable guess. When you see Jake Sully for $325 and that gantry for $350, $500 for the Monger is definitely not out of the question. It isn't what people are willing to pay just a guesstimate. Chill out.

I can sort of justify this one to myself.
I've been dragging my feet and wanting either a MkIV or MkVI for a year now.

Prices on the MkIV are at $230 +shipping to Oz now on ebay ...BBTS has the gantry+MKIV for $460.

Justification good enough :D

Umm it is a reasonable guess. When you see Jake Sully for $325 and that gantry for $350, $500 for the Monger is definitely not out of the question. It isn't what people are willing to pay just a guesstimate. Chill out.

No, what I mean is... maybe HT or (insert company here) has already a fixed price in mind, lower than what people post here with their guesstimates and the price they're willing to pay for it.

..inside the HT office...

HT: Hey, we have a new figure to release this 3rd qtr, let's talk about price. (discussions...) Ok, let's price this one for $180. It's reasonable don't you guys think?

HT: Let's check SSC forums first coz you never know what those geeks are willing to pay for. Say, let's reveal a teaser first....

HT: (checks SSC forums..) Wow! people actually wants to pay $400 for this! Ok proceed with the $400 price tag! (end discussion)

HT: :hi5:

Collectors: :slap

Last edited:
No, what I mean is... maybe HT or (insert company here) has already a fixed price in mind, lower than what people post here with their guesstimates and the price they're willing to pay for it.

HT: Hey, we have a new figure to release this 3rd qtr, let's talk about price. (discussions...) Ok, let's price this one for $180. It's reasonable don't you guys think?

HT: Let's check SSC forums first coz you never know what those geeks are willing to pay for. Say, let's reveal a teaser first....

HT: (checks SSC forums..) Wow! people actually wants to pay $400 for this! Ok proceed with the $400 price tag! (end discussion)

More likely:

HT: I think we should price it at $400. Lets check the forums.

HT: (checks SSC forums) Yup, people are raging and saying they refuse to buy.

HT: They always say that. You know they'll buy it anyway. $400 it is !

I agree many overexcited fanboy posts in here may be responsible for the higher prices. Not just here but all forums. It's free marketing research for them. They are pushing the profit line to see how much they can get away with.

More likely:

HT: I think we should price it at $400. Lets check the forums.

HT: (checks SSC forums) Yup, people are raging and saying they refuse to buy.

HT: They always say that. You know they'll buy it anyway. $500 it is !

fixed it for ya :wink1:

I wonder how much it actually cost to produce the figures material and labour wise.

fixed it for ya :wink1:

I wonder how much it actually cost to produce the figures material and labour wise.

Well I guarantee you this gantry is not worth 360 or even 330. I make toys for a living both design and see through costing and production. I can't say for sure what this cost got toys , but it is blatantly over priced. They are taking advantage of our willingness to pay enormous prices, and jumping right to what the scalpors would charge. It's not right. But as you can see. Even some fans think it's ok. And pay it anyway. Which is why it will continue.

I understand what you are saying but I think you are exaggerating our influence on prices. I mean who predicted that Jake Sully would be over $300. And I think most people thought that gantry thing would've cost about $100. Did they end up being cheaper because what we posted. The answer is a simple no.

Not saying that they don't take everything into consideration but I have a feeling that they already have a set price in mind based on development cost, how popular the item will be, etc. Fan reaction is probably one of the lower considerations on the list when deciding the price. They already know that die hard fans are willing to overpay....this thing will be overpriced no question.

Last edited:
it is blatantly over priced. They are taking advantage of our willingness to pay enormous prices, and jumping right to what the scalpors would charge. It's not right.

No kidding. We are paying almost $200 for glorified action figures. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

HT striking that kettle why it is hot. Eventually they will burn everyone out with steep price increases every 6 mos to a year.

Collectors unite! Listen up HT! We want the Gantry priced at 150 flat! Or else you can go suck it!

:nana:

If only collectors unite, everything is possible. We, the fans are the ones who brought Hot Toys to the top and we can also bring them down if we unite and choose to. They are getting arrogant with their prices, can't you see?

I just can't believe there are people defending Hot Toys and prefer paying overpriced figures and what not rather than getting a reasonable priced item.

:slap

If only collectors unite, everything is possible. We, the fans are the ones who brought Hot Toys to the top and we can also bring them down if we unite and choose to. They are getting arrogant with their prices, can't you see?

I just can't believe there are people defending Hot Toys and prefer paying overpriced figures and what not rather than getting a reasonable priced item.

:slap

I agree with you that HT & SSC are getting out of hand with the pricing, but even if this forum chose not to buy anything from them, there would still be many more people that would and you know most of the stuff would still sell out.

Yea I REALLY want it, but knowing it doesn't cost near as much to make is simlpy keeping me from dropping any money on this. I hope more people do the same because the ONLY way they'll begin to better regulate their prices is if we the collectors tell them so by not buying their stuff in loads. Good sign so far in that both are still up for pre-order on SSC and have yet to sell out. That is at least one sign to HT.

I would if I knew where to start. I suppose HT fan boys will be against this and try to shoot it down.

Good sign so far in that both are still up for pre-order on SSC and have yet to sell out. That is at least one sign to HT.

There are no exclusives so the lack of a sell out doesn't indicate much. SDCC is still going on and more than likely they will be taking orders (including from retailers) for a couple of months at least.

Back