Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Messing around with these guys
19634c17767c895d6344ecb917879b13.jpg
e47565c2b91eb62e1b920d84c358e6e9.jpg
615402095af9e1e179c158c6b229cdf1.jpg

That's awesome! :clap

I need to steal it for my own now, sorry!

I'm a little freaked out; I found the clamp that came with my SC scratched the paint at the figures waist and I only put it on him once or twice. This one seems to be a tight fit, are there any suggestions or solutions, besides being more careful, so this doesn't happen to other figures? I WAS real careful but apparently that wasn't good enough. :mad:

Wrap the clamp in tape. Or insulation tape, like for around windows and doors.

After posting the above response I thought that black heat-shrink tubing used as electrical insulation may also be a good solution...may give that a try.

I scratched mine as well the first time and last time I used the stand. A bit sad after looking at the 2 scratch marks...one on each side...Oh well, just have to live with them now...

Nervous now. I have not touched mine since I got it. Just put it on the stand and in the detolf. Need to check for scratches as soon as I get home

I scratched mine as well the first time and last time I used the stand. A bit sad after looking at the 2 scratch marks...one on each side...Oh well, just have to live with them now...

Yeah, sorry to hear. This was my first HT and I feel like crap knowing the scratches are there. I'm sure the average person wouldn't even see them...but I know they're there. I ordered some heat shrink tubing from Amazon, should be here on Wednesday; I'm hoping it provides some protection against scratching cause I really like having the figures supported instead of free-standing.

Well, after finding scratches on my SC that were caused by the plastic display clip, this is my new thing for all painted figures. I layered the clip's jaws with sections of heat shrink tubing to cover the sharp parts and think it's much better on the paint. I tried to cover the jaws with a single piece of tubing but found it puckers on the inside arc. The contrast in color between the clip and shrink tubing isn't as bad as it looks in the pic...it's a flash thing.

img_6899s.jpg

Just got my SC from ups this morning. Both magnet pieces fell off. Gonna need some glue to stick it back on. Ugh...first world problems!

Just got my SC from ups this morning. Both magnet pieces fell off. Gonna need some glue to stick it back on. Ugh...first world problems!
Damned magnets....lost one of mine when it fell off. Fortunately glued the other back on before I lost that too.

Damned magnets....lost one of mine when it fell off. Fortunately glued the other back on before I lost that too.
I kept both of mine with the batteries which i will not install until next week after my 12 hr weekend shifts end so they're safe for now. And the blades don't insert as easily as i thought it would.

Well, after finding scratches on my SC that were caused by the plastic display clip, this is my new thing for all painted figures. I layered the clip's jaws with sections of heat shrink tubing to cover the sharp parts and think it's much better on the paint. I tried to cover the jaws with a single piece of tubing but found it puckers on the inside arc. The contrast in color between the clip and shrink tubing isn't as bad as it looks in the pic...it's a flash thing.

View attachment 173566
That's not a bad idea. I might have used electrical tape, but this strikes me as a slightly nicer idea - no sticky residue to peel off.

That's not a bad idea. I might have used electrical tape, but this strikes me as a slightly nicer idea - no sticky residue to peel off.

Agreed, that's why I didn't go with the tape myself; using the shrink tubing wasn't hard and worked with a hair dryer on "hot." Very easy to remove at a later date if needed. I was really ticked when I found the scratches in my SC so I had to come up with something before spending any more money on these figures.

I haven't lost any magnets yet but one of the squares of metal fell off the inside of the face-plate on the Tony Stark head. I glued it back with a TINY drop of 15 minute epoxy cause using superglue scares me on several levels.

Back