Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Is there any easier way to insert the darned batteries on Silver Centurion?

I hate batteries on the armors I have. Most of mine are in so tight I can't get them undone and stripped a couple. Going forward I'm just not going to bother trying.

If someone could help me, could you measure the height of this Silver Centurion on its display stand standing up straight? I purchased a few acrylic display cases that are 13.5" tall and wondering if it will fit inside, if not I may have to track down a regular oval stand. Thanks in advance!!!

If someone could help me, could you measure the height of this Silver Centurion on its display stand standing up straight? I purchased a few acrylic display cases that are 13.5" tall and wondering if it will fit inside, if not I may have to track down a regular oval stand. Thanks in advance!!!

You could always mod the base that this comes with. There's a few screws that hold it together on the bottom, just unscrew them and you can cut the excess height off of it.

*just realized I used cm and you said inches. 13.5 inches is about 34.25 cm - unfortunately standing upright he was never under 35cm

Alright I took a few measurements just incase anyone else is also interested. Here's a picture of what I mean by full base and short base:

Just unscrew the bottom of the base and you'll save some height
Anyway my measurements were:
41cm fully extended flight pose - full base
37cm standing - full base
39cm flight pose - short base
35cm standing - short base about 13.75 inches

For the flight poses depending on where the waist grabber is you may gain or lose height.
Also if you extend his leggs and waist you add 1-2cm height as well

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Is there an alternative figure stand that supports hot toys ironman figures? The stand provided is a bit too clunky and takes up a lot of space.

Thanks to Bgnyc007 for the inspiration... :wave

17125244106_31d412a2f3_b.jpg

Fantastic pic, Rook :clap

Does anyone else find owning this figure slightly bittersweet? Barely two minutes of screentime, it's not diecast, limited articulation in some spots - but honestly the longer I've owned it, the more I've come to think this the single best-looking movie Iron Man suit and figure ever created.

Fantastic pic, Rook :clap

Does anyone else find owning this figure slightly bittersweet? Barely two minutes of screentime, it's not diecast, limited articulation in some spots - but honestly the longer I've owned it, the more I've come to think this the single best-looking movie Iron Man suit and figure ever created.

Things like screen time and lack of diecast never really bothered me. :dunno I mean, diecast is down to a heft thing, right? It's an aesthetic choice that has everything to do with tactile sensations and little to do with visuals. In fact, as I understand it, plastic holds a sharper edge than metal, so you're likely to have a more accurate reproduction at a given scale with plastic over metal. Paint and finish affect the final appearance of the product more than the type of materials used.

As to the Silver Centurion's range of motion, I've only had mine for half a day. But the more I experiment with it, the more I'm able to do with it. (That's actually the second image I did of the IM/SS duel. I did a do-over after figuring out the trick to freeing the ab articulation. Kind of embarrassing, but I was rushing to get it all done during my lunch.) So, yeah. I get what you're saying there.

Rook that is an amazing photo! I agree the minimal screen time and the construction is fine with me, absolutely great figure and doubt my opinion will change once I end up adding any DC figures to the collection!

Back