Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got this bad boy in today, just finished un-boxing him.. Sorry my picture quality sucks. Im using an iphone 4 camera lol......Overall awesome figure. Now to un-box the Mark 42

sc1.jpeg
sc2.jpeg
sc3.jpeg
sc5.jpeg
sc6.jpeg
sc9.jpeg

My first Hot Toys Iron Man 1/6 scale figure. I only ordered this Mark 33 and the upcoming Mark 42 Diecast figures since they both have the Tony Stark RDJ head sculpts. That was the big deal breaker for me. The Silver Centurion was an iconic suit, and plus I like the middle fingers :lol

Looks Great!

I know nobody here will agree with me, (people tend to take things personal) but when I inspected mine it just looked way too dark and the red overpowered the whole look. Not enough silver for any contrast. It's like a metallic candy apple. It just looks cheap and smells terrible. don't know if it's the body being too thick or the eyes being bombarded with ugly red or what but all the poses and stances I see are just off. Like Tony needs a workout.

After having a diecast version you just can't go back in terms of heft and feel.

Also, when I pulled the legs down to get an A stance it just sort of feel onto the sides of the thighs. No real friction to hold a pose.

For 300 bucks this figure felt like a big rip-off.

I put it back in the box and sold it.

I know nobody here will agree with me, (people tend to take things personal) but when I inspected mine it just looked way too dark and the red overpowered the whole look. Not enough silver for any contrast. It's like a metallic candy apple. It just looks cheap and smells terrible. don't know if it's the body being too thick or the eyes being bombarded with ugly red or what but all the poses and stances I see are just off. Like Tony needs a workout.

After having a diecast version you just can't go back in terms of heft and feel.

Also, when I pulled the legs down to get an A stance it just sort of feel onto the sides of the thighs. No real friction to hold a pose.

For 300 bucks this figure felt like a big rip-off.

I put it back in the box and sold it.

How dare you not like the same things I like:pfft:

I love the red but will agree that it could have done with more silver in the design, however that's no fault of hot toys, that was what it looked like in the movie. as far as needing a work out I don't see it, this suit looks like the Arnold of all the suits, or as the muscle car and the 42 is like a Porsche, it looks like it could kick some serious ass, even if it didn't in the movie so much.

Gakken85- I can see where your coming from. I wanted to like it but I can't get over the bulkyness of the body. And I don't like the look of the shoulders. I'm glad people are excited about it and are enjoying it. The 42 was my first armor, and now that I have a die cast, don't know how I would react to plastic armor. Guess it is a good way to limit the amount of HTs I have.

Yeah I had high hopes. Maybe SSC will do an 80's Silver cent that's... half decent.
I'll wait for a MK7 die cast.

Back