Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Why would someone spend money on this if they own the MkVII, and this is just a repaint of that same armor? This Iron Man stuff is getting crazy now... :slap

I honesty hope that that didn't just dawn on you mate. A lot of people have been saying it in regard to the franchise for quite some time now.

i immediately thought this was a fanboy preview. then seeing the other pictures, i came to the realization not only is this a real release, it's the MVII without the red. first the MVII BD, now this. and calling it a SUMMER exclusive is a first i believe. hot toys is grabbing that money udder with BOTH hands!!! what's next...mugs???

931.jpg

Hmmm.. feeling slightly 'meh' about this colorway.. imho Play Imaginative's gold 'shading' looks better, rather than two tone.. but it might just be the lighting in HT and PI's pics.. think Mark VII 'Raw', may be more my bag.

Considering this is the first official repaint of all the IM3 armors, I'd bet they will at least make all the armors they can that are repaints first. I did a quick comparison of all the armors in the Art of IM3 book and these are the armors that appear to be straight repaints or combination armors ( ex: one marks head on a different marks body ). Pics coming

Python Mark 20 ( mostly a Mark VII repaint )
Tank Mark 24 ( Heartbreaker repaint )
Disco Mark 27 ( Mark VII repaint )
Jack Mark 28 ( mostly Mark VII repaint )
Blue Steel Mark 30 ( Silver Centurion repaint )
Peacemaker Mark 36 ( Red Snapper repaint with regular arms )

nice info mike!!!

since this was no where to be found at comic con, i have to wonder exactly when they came up with the MXXI idea.

hot toys exec: we still have way more MVII armors than sculpts. we've already done the BD version....marketing, any ideas?

hot toys marketing director: sir, we can exclude the red paint, call them MXXI Midas, and sell a.......a SUMMER exclusive since it's still august.

hot toys exec: BRILLIANT!!!! those collectors are so gullible!!!

darkmatter: WHEN are these going up for order already!!!!!

Dunno about you guys, but I love it! Its a gold titanuim alloy!

since this was no where to be found at comic con, i have to wonder exactly when they came up with the MXXI idea.

hot toys exec: we still have way more MVII armors than sculpts. we've already done the BD version....marketing, any ideas?

hot toys marketing director: sir, we can exclude the red paint, call them MXXI Midas, and sell a.......a SUMMER exclusive since it's still august.

hot toys exec: BRILLIANT!!!! those collectors are so gullible!!!

darkmatter: WHEN are these going up for order already!!!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

All the complaining is weird to me. Just don't buy.

Considering this is the first official repaint of all the IM3 armors, I'd bet they will at least make all the armors they can that are repaints first. I did a quick comparison of all the armors in the Art of IM3 book and these are the armors that appear to be straight repaints or combination armors ( ex: one marks head on a different marks body ). Pics coming

Hot Rod Mark 22 ( Iron Patriot repaint )
Nice research

when are they casting this in genuine solid 18K gold, solid platinum, we can have a palladium version and then we can do Shotgun in solid sterling silver with black rhodium accents? Why wait, HT? GET ON IT

Repaint or not, 50th Hot Toys Iron Man figure or not....this figure does look awesome, the color scheme makes this armor pop.

1003873_10201064907078216_813457085_n.jpg

Hot Rod Mark 22 ( Iron Patriot repaint )
552996_10201064911638330_1952601160_n.jpg

1095058_10201064916838460_208540549_n.jpg

1098418_10201064828956263_493178895_n.jpg

560056_10201064851916837_1755362483_n.jpg

1149039_10201064941559078_221864512_n.jpg

524386_10201064935998939_13476679_n.jpg

Pics added to all the simple ( IMO ) repaints that HT will release :wave:wave

Last edited:

I was planning to do my level best to pass on these repaints but I'm liking what I am seeing on this one. It would look great next to my MK VII and BD MK VII. I might consider picking this up if price is in line with the other two.

To be honest, Im hesitant to purchase any armor that deviates from the basic color scheme of Iron Man. Anything primarily Red, Gold, Yellow, Silver is pretty much a lock for me to buy. The others? Not so much. Im even contemplating not getting Igor. Not sure there's room for Blue in the Iron Man armor display.

Back