Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

The regular Mark VII did not sell out for over 7 months and was readily available at most distributors for a long while. It was only until the 8 month mark that preorders began to dry up. Some collectors who slept on it as of current time (11-12 months out) think it is rare. Even the Exclusive version preorder on SSC was available for quite some time. The only version of the Mark VII that was so limited was the BD version.

i`m talking about the very limited numbers of the 3rd (Export) Batch that arrived in the eu yet , most of the delivery was delayed till end of September. It is also very uncommon that a figure is sold out here before the stock actually arrives.

But thx for the lecture....

Last edited:

Is this accurate? Is Midas just a Gold Mark VII in the film?

I don't think that Midas was ever clearly visible in the movie, but going on the art book, yes Midas is just a gold Mk VII.

Seeing how I hate the Mk VII design, this is an easy pass for me. But the gold colors look really, really good. They really nailed the titanium gold color, and some of the accent tones look almost ceramic. Great piece if you dig the Mk VII.

This is exactly what I figured they d do for the more exotic and obscure armours-make them convention exclusive.

Do nt know about this-Gold is nt my favourite colour.

Looks like they at least made the eyes smaller on the face plate compared to the Mk VII.

It is not just a repaint. If you guys are not informed, don't state false facts. There are slight differences in Mark 7 and Midas. Midas is suppose to be upgrade version of Mark 7 and there are slight differences between shoulders and wrists along with some other differences.

Looks great! I'll buy for retail but if it's sold out right away, I'm not going to pay scalper prices done this isn't a must own like Heart Breaker or Silver Centurion.

I think Hot Toys will actually release all 42 Marks, LOL.

Amazing! Forget PI, HT is bringing it with these suits! Take my money :)

Ht did state they were making all the armors, guess they weren't kidding :lol

Availability.......

The Collectible Figure will be firstly available for purchase at Hot Toys’ Annual Exhibition in Taiwan from August 10 – 18 (https://www.facebook.com/BKTOYS000 ). Limited to 800 sets (certain amount are available for pick up upon purchase and the rest are open for pre-order at the event).

Midas will then be available at the Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) on August 31 and September 1 (https://www.facebook.com/actioncity.com.sg ) (Limited quantity at 800 sets, available for pick up upon purchase), Toy Sapiens in Tokyo between September 14 – 23 (https://www.hottoys.jp/ ), and Ani-Com & Games Guangzhou (ACG GZ) in China from October 1 – 5 (https://www.acg-vclexpo.com/ ). For other countries, please stay tuned on our Facebook page for ordering information!

It is not just a repaint. If you guys are not informed, don't state false facts. There are slight differences in Mark 7 and Midas. Midas is suppose to be upgrade version of Mark 7 and there are slight differences between shoulders and wrists along with some other differences.

I'm confused--are you saying the toy itself has slight differences or it's meant to but this figure is just a repaint?

Sideshow better be making some calls to get these babies up for preorder. I don't feel like having to book an unexpected trip!

I'm trying to spot these differences, where do you see them? BTW not trying to say you're wrong, just generally curious to see the new parts.

The shoulders look pretty much identical. Now, I don't own a Mk VII, so I'm just comparing to promo photos that Hot Toys has on the web, is the Mk VII that actually shipped significantly different in these areas?

971029_566819100046751_1226979411_n.jpg

DSC02877_zps69e5e91a.jpg

looks same to me

Got my connections! Ready to order some of these bad boys in Taiwan

hell to the yes i ve been waiting for another rare release, the house party wont be the same without c3po lol

I actually like the color scheme on this. So may yet be another Stark Toys purchase provided I can get through Sideshow. I can already see the lines forming at these various events with die hard fans and scalpers looking to make a quick buck.

By the way it's about $500 usd for one lol

And that's picking or pre ordering them up at cons, imagine when SSC has them, prob $600+

Back