Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it opened finally, and I gotta agree with one previous post. This figure is kind of meh. Not bad, but not MKVII (BD or reg) cool. I just don't see where $300 went TBH.

YMMV, of course.

I will not be keeping this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it opened finally, and I gotta agree with one previous post. This figure is kind of meh. Not bad, but not MKVII (BD or reg) cool. I just don't see where $300 went TBH.

YMMV, of course.

I will not be keeping this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a good consensus that Midas is not worth the retail price SSC had it listed it at. Not that it isn't overall pretty cool, just that it's a repaint with a non lighted base and no extra's. And certainly not worth what it was getting on eBay. Most of the time when supply falls short of demand and certain areas don't have access, the "Market Adjustment" kicks in. The momentum that kept building for this figure seems to have played right into SSC's hands. Many people, me included, after seeing what this had been selling for, jumped right on it when SSC made it available at $300.00. I'm not complaining, no one had a gun to my head. I like the way it looks. I wanted it and I bought it. Will Midas hold his value down the road? I didn't really buy it for that reason but it would be nice!

Last edited:
Mine arrived! Even without pack out option the box came perfectly undamaged!
Was also able to peel away that postal sticker safely without damaging the box. Saved 10 bucks :D

Holy **** my Midas arrived and I thought I couldn't love the Mark VII mold more.

Seriously HT, make 20 repaints of this ****er, I will buy every one.

Courier claims attempted delivery but no 'sorry we missed you' slip is left?.. I'd call shenanigans...

That happened a few months back to me, I was actually sitting outside all day cleaning and getting the caravan ready to go away for the weekend when the Fedex van drove straight past my house, It must have been his last call and decided he couldn't be arsed.

5 minutes later I checked the online tracking and he put it down as no answer. .. think he got a shock when I actually beat him back to the depot 15 minutes away and was talking to his manager when he pulled in, it's happened twice this year :(

Got mines today...Was suppose to get it last friday bu UPS said that the address was not correct yet the address on the delivery notice was correct...I emailed sideshow but UPS delivered today anyway.

12CFC0B9-0DAD-4BDA-BF9C-044E6DC6BB98_zpss2hnigrm.jpg

I think the plane that mine was on must have crashed.

Think I'll go play with my batmobile...

I think there's a good consensus that Midas is not worth the retail price SSC had it listed it at. Not that it isn't overall pretty cool, just that it's a repaint with a non lighted base and no extra's. And certainly not worth what it was getting on eBay. Most of the time when supply falls short of demand and certain areas don't have access, the "Market Adjustment" kicks in. The momentum that kept building for this figure seems to have played right into SSC's hands. Many people, me included, after seeing what this had been selling for, jumped right on it when SSC made it available at $300.00. I'm not complaining, no one had a gun to my head. I like the way it looks. I wanted it and I bought it. Will Midas hold his value down the road? I didn't really buy it for that reason but it would be nice!

Three sold on Ebay for $430-450 over the weekend.

That's a dip of a hundred dollars, (They were going for 600-500) but it's still double MSRP. I'd say it has nowhere to go but up. Extra supply will dip demand, ect.

Looks like mine is going to be delivered tomorrow when I am not home instead of the original Wednesday delivery....looks like i will be making a trip to UPS.

Back