Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

My attitude toward Iron Man figures has gone from "I'M GETTING THEM ALL!!" to "Yikes--they're not stopping AND getting more expensive!" The good thing about the variety of figures is that I'm getting more selective about what I put in my collection--which is how I started collecting most things in the first place. I kinda like getting back to concentrating on a more unique collection. That said, this is an easy pass for me, but god I'd like to see all the armor releases together in one sick display--just wont be mine.

Nice first post. It just sounded...nice. :1-1:

It isn't 800 pieces total. It's 800 pieces PER fair. At least that's the way I read it. I'm not going to go back through the thread to find it. :lol

Nah, you are right. It's 800 at the fairs and god knows how many more for sideshow and other stores. It's probably going to be one "limited" to 3000 like before.

Dear Hot Toys,

if you're going to give us random suits, please go get a comic license from Marvel and start producing actual suits from the comics.

Just so I can be clear how did they decide on which Iron Man Armors to be make was their a vote or something cause which ones did he actually wear in the movie?

I don't think its 800 total. I think its 800 at that con, then 800 at the other con. Then other amounts for others countries. At least thats how I read this.

It isn't 800 pieces total. It's 800 pieces PER fair. At least that's the way I read it. I'm not going to go back through the thread to find it. :lol

That was my understanding, as well (800 per fair), but that's still extremely limited.

Nah, you are right. It's 800 at the fairs and god knows how many more for sideshow and other stores. It's probably going to be one "limited" to 3000 like before.

here is the quote

The Collectible Figure will be firstly available for purchase at Hot Toys’ Annual Exhibition in Taiwan from August 10 – 18 (https://www.facebook.com/BKTOYS000 ). Limited to 800 sets (certain amount are available for pick up upon purchase and the rest are open for pre-order at the event).

Midas will then be available at the Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) on August 31 and September 1 (https://www.facebook.com/actioncity.com.sg ) (Limited quantity at 800 sets, available for pick up upon purchase), Toy Sapiens in Tokyo between September 14 – 23 (https://www.hottoys.jp/ ), and Ani-Com & Games Guangzhou (ACG GZ) in China from October 1 – 5 (https://www.acg-vclexpo.com/ ). For other countries, please stay tuned on our Facebook page for ordering information!

Thank you for that! I was just about to post a link!
Just sold an opened mark VII for $470!
I have another one, seeing how interested you are about getting one! PM me for details brother! I'll work something out for ya!

If I'm not mistaken, you can't post sales links in these threads. There's a sale section for selling things.

Just so I can be clear how did they decide on which Iron Man Armors to be make was their a vote or something cause which ones did he actually wear in the movie?

They already have the mold, why not just paint it gold? Easy money. I don't know how the MK XXI looked in IM3, but I assume it was just a repaint of Mk 7.

This isn't even MIDAS if you really want to be picky about it.
If you look at the art book you can see that Midas is more streamlined than the Mark VII.
You can see it in the faceplate and the overall build itself, that's why it's called the "high-altitude suit". There are subtle differences overall but Hot Toys is simply repainting the Mark VII gold and calling it Midas so that this release doesn't look bad on their part.

If anything Python has a build that's closer to the Mark VII than Midas does. Which has me guessing they'll release that as well.

You can compare it yourself with this picture.

1146401_10151802497766718_1466235358_o.jpg

Last edited:

Nice first post. It just sounded...nice. :1-1:

Lol, thanks! I just found this site recently and haven't quite got the "*****ing about awesome things" down yet. Will try not to get sucked into the negativity. I just can't complain about the quality of the figures that are coming out--even if I'm not going to buy some of them.

When non-collectors see my figures their eyes bug out of their heads because they are AWESOME. They don't look at my Milk WM and complain that it wasn't in any of the movies so it shouldn't exist. :cuckoo:

I'm glad to say I have absolutely no interest in this figure what so ever. I mean it's a cool figure, but I don't even remember seeing it in the film :lol

This isn't even MIDAS if you really want to be picky about it.
If you look at the art book you can see that Midas is more streamlined than the Mark VII.
You can see it in the faceplate and the overall build itself, that's why it's called the "high-altitude suit". There are subtle differences overall but Hot Toys is simply repainting the Mark VII gold and calling it Midas so that this release doesn't look bad on their part.

If anything Python has a build that's closer to the Mark VII than Midas is. Which has me guessing they'll release that as well.

You can compare it yourself with this picture.

1146401_10151802497766718_1466235358_o.jpg

Good observation. There are some slight differences between all three. While this is a quicker cash grab for Hot Toys,Im not gonna complain. We will see this happen with most of the remaining IM3 suits probably,this could last for years. Ive got other things to worry about:lol Helps that Im done with Ironman figures after the SC suit comes out,now I can sit back and watch the milking and shrug it off. As for the figure,its a neat paintjob indeed.

We should also keep in mind that the only source material we have to referrence for many of these Marks, including Midas, is the Art of IM3 book. And those pics are probably just CG interpretations. Slight differences are probably to be expected.

I'm still preferring the paint on PI's figure, rather than the HT version.

1094742_10153070372715648_1849179011_o.jpg

I think it looks great in one shade of gold, but in the HT version, it looks like the suit has been made with many different materials that have all been alloyed with gold, making it a little more interesting to look at.

So it is a repaint of the 7, right?
No small changes anywhere?

Is this something they could pull of with other Mark armours that are close to the Mark 7?

On this thread you can clearly see that Disney started a sell out on IM with the third movie.

That movie just exists to introduce new suits for companies to produce more toys to earn more money just as SW Episode 1.

Back