Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

I really can't see why people get so worked out with these things, but to each it's own. Won't be making comments like that any longer seeing as to how it can upset the hell out of some around here.

I really can't see why you can't grasp why your posts annoy people. Anyone who's been in this hobby long enough knows the crappy feeling of being unable to attain a statue or figure they really want and it usually boils down to 2 reasons: (1) they have a financial obligation/priority elsewhere or (2) some collective of soulless, ****** bag scalpers who could care less about the item for their collections (like yourself) have bought up all the stock and live to fleece the ever loving ***** out of true collectors.

Most people that find their way to this message board, which is arguably the best collectors website on the internet, come here for information on products they enjoy or to discuss them with like minded collectors b/c they are true collectors. The reason you're here is clearly neither of those things, b/c all you do is talk about buying 5x of some figure you can't stand just to make a buck off someone else's hard fortunes. Your posts are a constant reminder of the shallow end of the gene pool and to be frank, it's disgusting.

I really can't see why you can't grasp why your posts annoy people. Anyone who's been in this hobby long enough knows the crappy feeling of being unable to attain a statue or figure they really want and it usually boils down to 2 reasons: (1) they have a financial obligation/priority elsewhere or (2) some collective of soulless, ****** bag scalpers who could care less about the item for their collections (like yourself) have bought up all the stock and live to fleece the ever loving ***** out of true collectors.

Most people that find their way to this message board, which is arguably the best collectors website on the internet, come here for information on products they enjoy or to discuss them with like minded collectors b/c they are true collectors. The reason you're here is clearly neither of those things, b/c all you do is talk about buying 5x of some figure you can't stand just to make a buck off someone else's hard fortunes. Your posts are a constant reminder of the shallow end of the gene pool and to be frank, it's disgusting.

:exactly::hi5:

No need to get worked out partner. I don't mean to be those things you are mentioning.
And yes, my comments might have been out of line, but what's done it's done.
I really do hope you all can get this piece w/o having to pay more.
But in regards of people having priorities elsewhere or having money problems, I really believe the last place they should be hanging around is a board of expensive Collectibles. It's like being an alcoholic NOT trying to drink anymore while hanging with people that drink.
Again, sorry you all. Be well now.

It's pretty straight of you to even offer an apology Franpincho. I for one didn't find any offense in your flipping comment.
Most of us on this forum I expect are adults, and some do tend to take their dollies a little too seriously.

There are a lot of HT collectors on here that buy multiple of each figure with the intent to sell the duplicates later after supplies have dropped so they can make a profit and have other folks pay for their habit of collecting the figures they want. They just aren't honest enough to admit it to anyone.

It's all good though man, as other folks don't like being reminded that this entire hobby is taking advantage of all of us and our desires to have cool toys.

I am a grown *** man, and I am ok with admitting I love my dollies and I will get what I want, and when someone overcharges me, I am not going to blame the toy maker or the seller as I am the one that decides if I am buying it or not.:)

DFC4F0D8-2B44-497A-8AC0-6F0E0D1DE771-374-0000003C40FDDF5F.jpg

I know one guy who is all over this fig...

Well HT did mention they would shift their focus more on Iron Man products, besides its business, why not milk more outta the potential buyers while it still can. Pretty sure they can't assume what'll happen to the iron man movies in 4+ years from now.

Here are the next 7 armors to be released.

1011180_10201066509438274_1246372935_n.jpg

Get use to it. HT already said they were going to focus on IM even more now. No one should be shocked at anything HT releases that is IM releated!:pfft::wave

Actually this is a misquote - Howard Chan said that Iron Man sells very well and they will do as many as the market will support.

It's pretty straight of you to even offer an apology Franpincho. I for one didn't find any offense in your flipping comment.
Most of us on this forum I expect are adults, and some do tend to take their dollies a little too seriously.

There are a lot of HT collectors on here that buy multiple of each figure with the intent to sell the duplicates later after supplies have dropped so they can make a profit and have other folks pay for their habit of collecting the figures they want. They just aren't honest enough to admit it to anyone.

It's all good though man, as other folks don't like being reminded that this entire hobby is taking advantage of all of us and our desires to have cool toys.

I am a grown *** man, and I am ok with admitting I love my dollies and I will get what I want, and when someone overcharges me, I am not going to blame the toy maker or the seller as I am the one that decides if I am buying it or not.:)

Scalping is evil - get used to it.

DFC4F0D8-2B44-497A-8AC0-6F0E0D1DE771-374-0000003C40FDDF5F.jpg

I know one guy who is all over this fig...

:lol I feel like that guy now, I like this more everytime I see the pics, but I won't mind if I don't get it in the end its not a must for me

Actually this is a misquote - Howard Chan said that Iron Man sells very well and they will do as many as the market will support.

Thats a nice way of saying, we will always make IM figures :yess:

so the mark vii repaint is a mark xxi------------------------
ok

Looks AWE IMO,the protoype paint it's really well done.The different gold tones were well picked. I have to pass this one.I'm saving for the Shotgun Armor. Hopefully my final IM3 purchase... :rotfl

Thats a nice way of saying, we will always make IM figures :yess:

i'll give you two words.....beanie babies.

at the height of their popularity everyone wanted one and were willing to pay hundreds and sometimes over a thousand for one. now you can't give them away. people's interests always change at one time or another. all good things must pass. i try to enjoy the here and now. it's much more fun.

1048549_10153070372720648_157990440_o.jpg

1094742_10153070372715648_1849179011_o.jpg

Play Imaginative is basically releasing the same thin as well, but in diecast and with better proportions... Not sure how limited its gonna be though...

Play Imaginative is basically releasing the same thin as well, but in diecast and with better proportions... Not sure how limited its gonna be though...

Unfortunately, it only available in Singapore

pretty sure thats just a gold mark vii hence why they are advertising it as that, the hot toys one is a repaint of a mark vii but its paint job isn't all gold

i'll give you two words.....beanie babies.

at the height of their popularity everyone wanted one and were willing to pay hundreds and sometimes over a thousand for one. now you can't give them away. people's interests always change at one time or another. all good things must pass. i try to enjoy the here and now. it's much more fun.

Whats the point? you sound more serious than you think. When I said always I didn't mean forever :lol :rotfl

Everyone enjoys the here and now

That doesn't look bad at all, I still prefer HT

My attitude toward Iron Man figures has gone from "I'M GETTING THEM ALL!!" to "Yikes--they're not stopping AND getting more expensive!" The good thing about the variety of figures is that I'm getting more selective about what I put in my collection--which is how I started collecting most things in the first place. I kinda like getting back to concentrating on a more unique collection. That said, this is an easy pass for me, but god I'd like to see all the armor releases together in one sick display--just wont be mine.

People may bash this armor, but at only 800 pieces, this will sell for a lot on eBay. Just watch...

It isn't 800 pieces total. It's 800 pieces PER fair. At least that's the way I read it. I'm not going to go back through the thread to find it. :lol

That was my understanding, as well (800 per fair), but that's still extremely limited.

Back