Hot Toys - MMS: IM2- WAR MACHINE (Special/MILK Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT x Milk Magazine 10th Anniversary version: 1/6 WAR MACHINE

Meh. Howard needs to add on to his mansion so he is releasing more Iron Men which he knows will pay the bills, plain and simple. If Babydoll blew the doors off at Toy Hunters, then you'd be seeing more candy colored variants than Sideshow could sneeze at back in their Babysitter years.

So funny seeing some of you get so wound up over this stuff. :lol

They're just toys, right? A white war machine might actually look pretty cool (not that I would go out of my way to get one).

Milk Magazine is apparently a Hong Kong magazine that specializes in "cool stuff." They started in 2001, hence the 10 year anniversary.

So nothing to do with, you know, actual milk. Having said that, I am very interested to see what they do, and I'm hoping they do a silver War Machine ala the Mark II.

Agreed a white War Machine would make a Storm Trooper look bad :D

My response to another HT Iron Man?

0d0fbe02d6d23f93c0340efb375f08e1aa1d9ea2_m.gif

Milk Magazine is apparently a Hong Kong magazine that specializes in "cool stuff." They started in 2001, hence the 10 year anniversary. So nothing to do with, you know, actual milk. Having said that, I am very interested to see what they do, and I'm hoping they do a silver War Machine ala the Mark II.

tumblr_lkwqnhmA6K1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

Yeah, people have been posting MILK articles and pics for a while in HT threads so I don't think too many people thought that HT was joining up with a Dairy magazine. I still say they paint the whole thing white and put black spots over it, put a damn bell and some utters on Rhodey.

huh.. War Machine as just about perfect. I wonder what's going to be different about it .

I'm not upset if that makes you feel better. You're obviously upset because they're not a niche company anymore making just preds, aliens, etc. That's fine In the end I could care less as I'm happy with what HT is doing with their Marvel stuff. Everything else isn't my problem.

i don't think anything about what i'm saying is obvious to you, josh. that's not an insult, just means we come from different consumer lifestyles i think. as a result i think we're probably arguing entirely different things. but just for the record, my argument was about HT as a brand. and i have said it already, but it was lost - there's more to a brand than how big it is. i never said they should just make preds, aliens etc. that would make them as boring as they are now. i was talking more generally about that era, where no-one was really touching these classic movie licenses, and they did. i loved the idea of an HK company doing figures from rambo for example. it wasn't the latest blockbuster hit or guaranteed sell. it was just coz they loved the movie. that draws me to a company. a deeper love for a license than just the money.

but once a company gets a certain size or popularity, they're bound to make more financially viable decisions. i think it was inevitable they went that way. i've never seen a brand survive with its original appeal in tact after such growth. and i've studied this ____. but even their communication has changed. the way they talk to their fans, their press releases, it shows condescension and i don't like that.

Maybe it'll be a "what if Terrence Howard was War Machine in IM2", battle damaged, and in white!

That would be a crowd pleaser, yeah?

Someone that worked for marvel said it will be a black and white war machine. I was told it was an exclusive for sdcc. I guess it didn't happen in time.

Would love a Terrance WM figure, by far the better actor in that role. :monkey3

huh.. War Machine as just about perfect. I wonder what's going to be different about it .

The coloring. That's about it. This is no different than the Mark IV SDCC Exclusive and very different than the Mark I re-release upgrade.

How do you know that?

Simple logic.

If it were a release with changes then HT would not only want to recoup the money spent in R&D but maximize their profits so they'd make it a widespread public release to move and sell as many units as possible.

As the Milk Magazine piece, they did one of these for Silly Things, a store in HK and eventually made it a Con Exclusive to kill two birds with one stone. One would naturally think that this would run the same boat with them and move to a simple color variant in order to appease Milk Magazine as a piece exclusive to them that they'll probably sell through Toy Hunters for fans as well and we are hoping through SSC in limited quantity as well, same as the "Gun Metal Grey" which in HK was the "Silly Things version".

It isn't logical for a company who is capitalizing on Iron Man releases obviously by reissuing and redoing them to create something brand new specifically for a company and not sell as many as possible. This is a Con Exclusive type of thing just without the Con to back it up.

So funny seeing some of you get so wound up over this stuff. :lol

They're just toys, right? A white war machine might actually look pretty cool (not that I would go out of my way to get one).[/QUOTE]

Why you getting all worked up over it :lol

...blah blah blah blah it was inevitable they went that way. i've never seen a brand survive with its original appeal in tact after such growth. and i've studied this ____. but even their communication has changed. the way they talk to their fans, their blah blah blah blah

You're obviously very studious judging from your eloquent writing.

"What's wrong with the way I mutha____in talk?"

tumblr_lo97veum1j1qbo1dyo1_500.gif

;););););)

Iam trying to think of different colors war machine had in the comics, but can't think of any, Iam sure there is some they could do.

Back