Hot Toys - MMS: IM2- WAR MACHINE (Special/MILK Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics! But take off the feed belt and sit it in a cup of boiling water for a few minutes. They drain the water, dab it dry with a cloth, and reattach. It will be easier to get a more natural hang to the belt.

I think I might have put the belt on backwards. But I'll keep that in mind when I actually get bigger house, and display all of my figures. Thanks, I feel like my pictures are getting better and better. I've done a lot of googling in the last week figuring out how to take better pictures.

I originally had close to 100 pictures, I was trying to find the right settings. I had the camera in Manual Mode, aperture was F22 and shutter speed was 1/30. My ISO setting was between 200-1600. I also figured out how to tether my camera to my laptop. That way I was able to see the picture a few seconds after I took it. I will try the settings you suggested. And I will use the 35mm lens that I bought. I have the Nikon D3100 with a 18-55mm VR lens.

Indoors with a tripod definitely look for slow shutter speeds, even a full second or more. You only lose light going faster and there is no benefit. ISO only will bring out grain and noise, it is a sacrifice play to use faster shutter in low light situations when hand held or with a moving subject. Tripod steady and still subjects, use the lowest possible ISO and get all your light from long exposures. That'll give you butter smooth images. You can even experiment with light painting, use bulb mode if you have it or a long manual exposure in very low ambient light and illuminate with a flashlight from multiple angles.

Indoors with a tripod definitely look for slow shutter speeds, even a full second or more. You only lose light going faster and there is no benefit. ISO only will bring out grain and noise, it is a sacrifice play to use faster shutter in low light situations when hand held or with a moving subject. Tripod steady and still subjects, use the lowest possible ISO and get all your light from long exposures. That'll give you butter smooth images. You can even experiment with light painting, use bulb mode if you have it or a long manual exposure in very low ambient light and illuminate with a flashlight from multiple angles.

Thank you for all of your helpful tips. I will definitely use them next time I photograph something.

Back