Hot Toys - MMS: IM2- WAR MACHINE (Special/MILK Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT x Milk Magazine 10th Anniversary version: 1/6 WAR MACHINE

i don't think anything about what i'm saying is obvious to you, josh. that's not an insult, just means we come from different consumer lifestyles i think. as a result i think we're probably arguing entirely different things. but just for the record, my argument was about HT as a brand. and i have said it already, but it was lost - there's more to a brand than how big it is. i never said they should just make preds, aliens etc. that would make them as boring as they are now. i was talking more generally about that era, where no-one was really touching these classic movie licenses, and they did. i loved the idea of an HK company doing figures from rambo for example. it wasn't the latest blockbuster hit or guaranteed sell. it was just coz they loved the movie. that draws me to a company. a deeper love for a license than just the money.

but once a company gets a certain size or popularity, they're bound to make more financially viable decisions. i think it was inevitable they went that way. i've never seen a brand survive with its original appeal in tact after such growth. and i've studied this ____. but even their communication has changed. the way they talk to their fans, their press releases, it shows condescension and i don't like that.

I do get what you're saying. Not really going to go any further OT with this. I'm sorry they're not making figures from Rambo, Rocky, Aliens, etc as much anymore. I'm not gonna complain because IMO the Iron Man series is better than all of them combined so them doing figures from that series is right up my alley. As far as their communication they are to me no better than they have ever been.

Iam trying to think of different colors war machine had in the comics, but can't think of any, Iam sure there is some they could do.

I have a feeling it won't be anything comic based really. It could be bubblegum pink and pineapple yellow for all we know.

and you are quite intelligent by judging someone based on his/her internetz writings

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lecture

you are an iron man panty sniffer, got it

I could post a pic here but I have a feeling that infractions are abound soon enough. If you type "Iron Man Panties" though into Google I'd be in that category too. (don't do it at work :lol)

WAR MACHINE is going to be in WHITE and BLACK!! Just wait and see!!! :dance

Remember this post...I CALLED IT 1ST!!!! :D

Maybe it's a rubber WM that leaks milk.

HT has really gone too far but NO ONE is making ANYONE buy this...thing.
BD? I don't think so...
Color variation...of course!

Wow, I thought this was just a joke when I first read about it. WHAT A JOKE!

I am an big fan of Iron Man. I own the majority of them, but will almost definitely be skipping this release.

I'm not a fan of mods who act like their opinions are superior to everyone else's and members who bring their post count over 7,000 in 7 months and start acting like total jerks all the time.

i wish i knew, i want to get WM, and can for a fairly decent price, but i don't want there to be another come out that i should've waited for.

When it comes to the iron man line they seem to to be remaking previous figures that are superior than the originals, i.e Mark 3 BD and Mark 2 AU.

I dug up this post of mine from the War Machine thread, i got WM a bit late and didn't want to miss out, but also thought it was possibly that HT would remake it like the MK 2 and didnt want the inferior version.

Well i bought War Machine (a little above retail) and feel its the best of my iron man collection and i have no urge to update it if this one for a "new" version

and members who bring their post count over 7,000 in 7 months and start acting like total jerks all the time.

I think i know who you're talking about :wink1:

Just read some of this thread, it sucks that there is yet another Ironman product coming down the pipe and i can see why people are frustrated... it will reach a breaking point because there can only be so many Ironmen figures in a single household at any given time :lol

if this is wm painted like the SP Iron man then ill buy as im working on a whole alternate marvel universe and am wanting all my heroes in dark scale colored outfits (SP Iron man, Black spidey, this WM and some others as they come to me) if not than its an easy pass.

Personally if I had to pick a single HT line and stick with it I would pick Iron man for sure (unless they begin diving into Metal Gear with 20+ figures) but its easy to see that HT is gunna fall if they keep going this route, there are only so many collectors in the world with only so much space/money, something will give....

318298_224585847603413_138228759572456_666589_1328545130_n.jpg

What could they do that they didn't do before? Battle Damage? Military insignia and numbers?

Yawn. Easy pass. Their making it really easy for me to keep my money. I like it.

Back