Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMO it should go towards your order IF you pay in full when it releases and lose the NRD if you cancel.

Um... That's exactly how the NRD works.

Cool thanks.....I rarely pre-order but with two $400+ pieces being available, I am considering it along with flex pay. I am aware a few exclusives I have on PO with the NRD, it doesn't mention cancellation fees. I wasn't aware if this is new in addition to NRD or one in the same. Thanks
FlexPay cancellation fees ($20 per payment made) only apply on those orders with no NRD. The NRD takes the place of the cancellation fee regardless of how many flex payments have gone through. Nowadays almost everything $200+ has an NRD (and almost every figure is $200+), so it means it'll be rare that the FP cancellation fee would apply.

Lol you must really love those fees don't you? I think I rather have $180 bucks in my pocket which is my case in the near future as I have preorered a bunch; to use on something else than having a dumb NRD fee that would almost cover a figure in full. IMO it should go towards your order IF you pay in full when it releases and lose the NRD if you cancel. So yes..... It is a problem as I am pre-ordering more in the near future and to avoid getting it again and again, I am looking elsewhere.
Not really a fee, though. The NRD goes towards your order, so as long as you're confident in the purchase and don't cancel, it shouldn't be a big deal. Personally I like having that bit paid off but BBTS is pretty popular with many here b/c of their no NRD policy.

Lol you must really love those fees don't you? I think I rather have $180 bucks in my pocket which is my case in the near future as I have preorered a bunch; to use on something else than having a dumb NRD fee that would almost cover a figure in full. IMO it should go towards your order IF you pay in full when it releases and lose the NRD if you cancel. So yes..... It is a problem as I am pre-ordering more in the near future and to avoid getting it again and again, I am looking elsewhere.

I don't love it, but it's not like it's adding to the price of the figure. And it does go towards your order.

Seriously ? wow I need to read more. Thanks for clearing that up both of you! In that case, it really isn't a problem. I do like SS service, as they tell you in advance that "X" figure will arrive in their warehouse soon and it gives you plenty of time to be ready for it.

Thanks again!

Be EXTREMELY careful with the NRD's now. As SSC will no longer refund you if you don't like the figure upon shipment. I bought the Mark III, didn't like it and returned it and they kept the NRD.

I've bought a couple of figures that I didn't like when I received and returned them. I USED to get the NRD refunded with that but it seems like they sneakily have changed that. I looked at their website for clarification but it's worded extremely vague.

I think it's a bit ridiculous for Sideshow nickel-and-dime their customers. If they feel that they need to keep my money even when there are issues with the design then I will take my business elsewhere and suggest you do the same. So it's not worth pre-ordering. Most of the items don't go to Waitlist and if they do it will most likely convert.

Also, I discovered that if I ordered and returned an item that was in-stock that previously had an NRD they would refund the full amount. That is even more proof of the need to not pre-order.

Last edited:
snowleader 1.jpg

snowleaer 2.jpg

Lol you must really love those fees don't you?

Nothing about a deposit makes it a "fee" of any kind. N = NON, R = REFUNDABLE, D = DEPOSIT

IMO it should go towards your order IF you pay in full when it releases and lose the NRD if you cancel.

As has been pointed out, it does exactly this. Just like any deposit for anything.

As prices go up, you can bet deposits will become the norm, not the exception.

Be EXTREMELY careful with the NRD's now. As SSC will no longer refund you if you don't like the figure upon shipment.

I think they're being very generous here. The other option would be a 15 to 25% re-stocking fee. People need to check their entitlement at the door. Stores are not libraries and the products being sold aren't loaners. Warranty issues are another matter, but you should know before you buy if you "don't like something." These stores aren't Best Buy.

Be EXTREMELY careful with the NRD's now. As SSC will no longer refund you if you don't like the figure upon shipment. I bought the Mark III, didn't like it and returned it and they kept the NRD.

I've bought a couple of figures that I didn't like when I received and returned them. I USED to get the NRD refunded with that but it seems like they sneakily have changed that. I looked at their website for clarification but it's worded extremely vague.

I think it's a bit ridiculous for Sideshow nickel-and-dime their customers. If they feel that they need to keep my money even when there are issues with the design then I will take my business elsewhere and suggest you do the same. So it's not worth pre-ordering. Most of the items don't go to Waitlist and if they do it will most likely convert.

Also, I discovered that if I ordered and returned an item that was in-stock that previously had an NRD they would refund the full amount. That is even more proof of the need to not pre-order.

NRD:

Non REFUNDABLE deposit.

NON REFUNDABLE, as in, you don't get it back. Because, it's non REFUNDABLE.

Be glad you got your money back those two previous times. They shouldn't have.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

I think they're being very generous here. The other option would be a 15 to 25% re-stocking fee. People need to check their entitlement at the door. Stores are not libraries and the products being sold aren't loaners. Warranty issues are another matter, but you should know before you buy if you "don't like something." These stores aren't Best Buy.

NRD:

Non REFUNDABLE deposit.

:lecture Word!.. unless it is a genuine warranty issue.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

NRD:

Non REFUNDABLE deposit.

Damn right. I don't pay an NRD expecting I'll get my money back :lol

I'm still playing catchup with all the OT releases, so I'm completely ignoring everything TFA.
But yeah NRD, it's the fault of everyone who has ever cancelled a preorder. Even NY are starting to eliminate their pay later scheme. If you can't stick with your preorders a store wouldn't be interested, and won't rely on you as additional stock.

What on earth are you talking about? The NRD (which is, Non refundable Deposit) is a small 10% or less fee to hold the item that is applied to the cost of the item UNLESS you back out and break the contract (yes, when you PO an item it is a contract) in which case you forfeit the money.

If you don't cancel the NRD DOES go to the figure. You think you want your 180...don't you think sideshow would like to have its thousands of dollars back it looses on canceled orders?

As soon as you place that PO sideshow has to ensure they reserve a figure for you. Many people PO. If a lot PO and cancel and the figure later gets discounted becuase they have over ordered due to having to secure all those POs then sideshow could lose thousands of dollars. Do the math. If 25 people cancel first day or month POs that's at least a lost of around 500 dollars. If the figure ends up like tonto or jor-el they could lose 5000 dollars.

Maybe what they should do is when something like the mk7 stealth sells out in 1 day they should cancel 20-25% of the POs and then re-list it at 100 bucks more each figure? But only do it to people that have canceled PO before. Or just randomly cancel people's POs when an item goes waitlist. That way they can sell it for more once they see it's better then the proto.

Stop complaining about the NRD.

What on earth are you talking about?

You're many days late to the party, you took too long to put your angry pants on and everyone's gone home. Not sure why you have to repeat what multiple people have already said. If you spent more time reading and less time shooting off your mouth and posting other people's photos as your own, you'd find your feet wouldn't be in it so often.

Back