Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they're being very generous here. The other option would be a 15 to 25% re-stocking fee. People need to check their entitlement at the door. Stores are not libraries and the products being sold aren't loaners. Warranty issues are another matter, but you should know before you buy if you "don't like something." These stores aren't Best Buy.

Yeah, what the ****. Returning something and expecting your money back because you decide you ''don't like it afterall'' is an absurd idea. Why the hell should a store entertain it :huh

I think its because people try and transfer the customer experience from real world retail shops to the online world;

In real life if you buy something, take it home and then decide you don't want it the majority of shops will allow you to have refund or exchange as long as its unopened and resalable... Online you have to post it back meaning someone at the other end has to unpack, examine and then return to the correct place in the warehouse which is more simple than it sounds as in a shop they will have people constantly going round tidying up returning merchandise to the correct shelf/rail.

Yes I am in the corner of sometimes thinking NRD's and Restocking fees are OTT but I understand why they are there and if I ran an online shop (especially selling what SS, BBTS, Collectibles Direct, Toy HQ etc etc sell) I would probably have similar policies and as a buyer I just pay a deposit if they ask for one, I know I want what I'm ordering and at the end of the day when it comes time to pay the balance I have already paid 10%.

Consumer rights...

I thought we were shifting to full payment preorders and kickstarters. Although we have an issue when doing that on ebay. Most if not all those ebayers are small retailers doing the same thing and I'm sure they get abused by ebay and paypal protection.

12045334_10153069680367344_4856914564317740474_o.jpg

Why does his gun have a folding stock and a solid stock? That looks weird to me.

Preordered and waiting for the Flame Trooper release YES!

Has there been an announcement/pictures of the Hot Toys Flametrooper? I could have sworn there was, but maybe I'm getting all these "troopers" mixed up between those Hasbro 12 inch figures, etc.

Sean

Probably going to pre-order the set from BBTS; emailed Sideshow and sure enough there are no plans to have the 'pack-out' option on these figures or other two-pack sets. Shippers as-is are okay I guess but I've had three figures take a severe knock during shipping and I like to avoid any problems if I can.

Exactly how many of these different kinds of Stormtroopers are we getting, anyway? Are there no compelling villains in this movie? :slap

And- I'd be more comfortable buying anything if I knew the movie was actually good. What if it sucks? I really don't want to buy $200 figure for a movie I dislike.

Sean

Could be worse you could buy all the different Troopers, Kylo Ren and who ever else goes up for pre order in the next 3 months then be stuck buying $2000 worth of figures for a film you don't like... thats my who problem with the way these things are marketed, not just high end collectables but the general toys too, they release this stuff for sale (or pre-order) 3-4 months before a film which while part of the hype machine is getting people (and parents) to part with money for something they know nothing about.

Yes it may be good business sense but it seems that they are less and less confident that the source material for these things will be up to scratch to generate interest in toy lines when the film hits the cinemas, I don't remember seeing toys for the original Jurassic Park hit toy shelves till the movie was out same with Star Wars' PT.

Could be worse you could buy all the different Troopers, Kylo Ren and who ever else goes up for pre order in the next 3 months then be stuck buying $2000 worth of figures for a film you don't like... thats my who problem with the way these things are marketed, not just high end collectables but the general toys too, they release this stuff for sale (or pre-order) 3-4 months before a film which while part of the hype machine is getting people (and parents) to part with money for something they know nothing about.

Yes it may be good business sense but it seems that they are less and less confident that the source material for these things will be up to scratch to generate interest in toy lines when the film hits the cinemas, I don't remember seeing toys for the original Jurassic Park hit toy shelves till the movie was out same with Star Wars' PT.

It is a bit of a strange situation. Even if I was kid being bought the toys I'd be like how do I play with this stuff I don't know anyone's character or back story.

And- I'd be more comfortable buying anything if I knew the movie was actually good. What if it sucks? I really don't want to buy $200 figure for a movie I dislike.

Sean

It's Star Wars, if the design is cool I am on board. A lot of hate for prequels as films but folks still would buy certain characters. Movie quality only matters so far when it's Star Wars :)

Isn't that a perfect business strategy though? Get everyone to spend billions on merch. If the movie does suck you still have their money when if you had waited you'd have none of their money? Even if the movie sucks (optimistic though), the new designs of the Stormtroopers are cool enough where I won't be pissed off I bought them.

Back