Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is why toys come before the films themselves nowadays...quick cash grab, then get movie receipts. All films do this not just SW

I'm not sure I'd call something that requires the investment of up to millions of dollars in licensing, production and promotion a "cash grab." ;)

I'm not sure I'd call something that requires the investment of up to millions of dollars in licensing, production and promotion a "cash grab." ;)

In the spirit of the conversation from a collectors point of view investing dollars on toys prior to viewing the film it fits the concept. Studio's etc. have no idea how audiences will react to the film so if merchandise is available before hand their banking on the hype to grab early cash. If they waited until after a films release the outcome may be different....

Looking at it from the business standpointt sure, they invest tons upfront and their wanting to get it back so it's an easy call.

Plan to just have one of each from the new movie, prefer the standard all white trooper but ordered the commander to get the binocs and I can just remove the pauldron hopefully

It's Star Wars, if the design is cool I am on board. A lot of hate for prequels as films but folks still would buy certain characters. Movie quality only matters so far when it's Star Wars :)
Yup agree a cool design is still good whether the movie is good or bad, however if it's a poor character in a bad movie with good design I may still be deterred :p

Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Plan to just have one of each from the new movie, prefer the standard all white trooper but ordered the commander to get the binocs and I can just remove the pauldron hopefully

Reports on the Stormtrooper squad leader coming out of Hong Kong say that the pauldron is not removable without causing damage. It's probably a safe bet that the snowtrooper will be similar.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Reports on the Stormtrooper squad leader coming out of Hong Kong say that the pauldron is not removable without causing damage. It's probably a safe bet that the snowtrooper will be similar.
Oh well decision made i can leave it on without to much regret
So now I need the flamer, pilot and phasma

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Oh well decision made i can leave it on without to much regret
So now I need the flamer, pilot and phasma

the pilot is cool.
tie fighter.jpg

When HT get to it, we'll get a two pack with and without red markings on the helmet i quess.

Yep, like the dual stripes on the helmet along with the asymmetric airhose. They've done a nice job of referencing the OT without being totally derivative, IMO. It's a pretty believable progression.

Instead of a 2 pack, the pilot with a cockpit diorama would make a nice large box alternative. :yess:

Anyone else believe the Snowtrooper helmet is the same basic helmet as the Flametrooper, just with the addition of the top helmet and faceplate? Maybe the Flametrooper helmet is the base for any extreme environment trooper?

star-wars-force-awakens-exhibit-flametrooper-06.jpg

first-order-snowtrooper-416-132026.JPG

Back