1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glade this reissue was real unlike the fake pictures over the summer people were floating around. No hesitation I pre ordered this as soon as I saw it. I?m guessing it?s not coming with all the extra it had on the first release as I see no pictures of them. Reminds me of the reissues of the plastic mark 3,4, and 6 stripped down and no savings. I believe they did the same with the mark 43 from iron man 3 also (it never released in the U.S. though)

hahahahahahaha $375 vs $1000+

Eat it scalpers, er I mean, "true collectors"

hahahahahahaha $375 vs $1000+

Eat it scalpers, er I mean, "true collectors"

Amen. Lot of salt on YouTube over this reissue....

Love the excuse they're using that this "hurts the community and company as a whole" lol. Salty tears everywhere

I was curious I went on eBay. This must’ve been rumored for a couple days starting on the fifth prices drop dramatically for what it’s selling for. I honestly would love if they reissued all of their figures. If they have the molds and they can make money off of them I don’t see any problem with them constantly keeping them in circulation. I think it helps new people get in the hobby as well as people that are in the hobby and get stuff they may have missed because of the amount of stuff and the cost of it all. I know in my own mind it’s nice to look at a figure I bought that’s worth $1000 but then I’m worried about touching it (not to mention having to justify to myself about keeping it when that could be used to pay bills). And I’d much rather not be afraid to touch them that’s not why I bought them.

I have zero issues with re-issues. Everybody gets a chance, the collector community gets to enjoy all the toys.

These things aren't investments and everyone else having the same toy doesn't diminish my own enjoyment. If anything it's more fun. :lecture

I have zero issues with re-issues. Everybody gets a chance, the collector community gets to enjoy all the toys.

These things aren't investments and everyone else having the same toy doesn't diminish my own enjoyment. If anything it's more fun. :lecture

For sure. Like I said, I didn't want to pay eBay prices for CW Falcon, but if they re-issued it tomorrow I wouldn't be complaining. It's the people trying to flip and profit that are complaining in my opinion.

I had always planned to pick this up and never pre-ordered. Then the prices went insane and that was it. I am happy to order it this time.

For sure. Like I said, I didn't want to pay eBay prices for CW Falcon, but if they re-issued it tomorrow I wouldn't be complaining. It's the people trying to flip and profit that are complaining in my opinion.

Definitely those types, but I think there are also people who like the idea of exclusivity and rarity. It's all a totally subjective racket anyway. Show your holiest of holy grails to a non-collector and watch them laugh at the money you spent. These hunks of plastic we love need to be kept in perspective.

It's the collectors who bought this on ebay a week ago for $900 that are pissed. I know I would be. I feel like those who paid after market prices would be put-out the most.

It's the collectors who bought this on ebay a week ago for $900 that are pissed. I know I would be. I feel like those who paid after market prices would be put-out the most.
I don't see why they should be. The re-issue is still almost a year out so having it early you gotta pay a premium to the resellers. Or just wait and get it at retail. Time is money.

I understand that sometimes people don't have the money to spend right away, but if they're willing to spend more than 2x retail price on it in the aftermarket when it was available to order for over a year, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I don't see why they should be. The re-issue is still almost a year out so having it early you gotta pay a premium to the resellers. Or just wait and get it at retail. Time is money.

No, I meant those who paid $900 before this reissue was announced. They would be upset because if they had waited until now, they could have gotten it at retail.

This is up at BBTS now too btw at the link below!

No, I meant those who paid $900 before this reissue was announced. They would be upset because if they had waited until now, they could have gotten it at retail.

This is up at BBTS now too btw at the link below!

Yeah, I'd be upset in a "well darn" kind of way but not mad at Hot Toys for doing. Just disappointed at my bad timing.

Now mark 46 is gonna skyrocket to ridiculous prices like this one did. calling it now.

I only grabbed the PPS version of 47 last time just so I could have 47 in the collection, but I still don't understand the seemingly obsessive appeal of this iteration... But I may pick it up this time around in case the prices do go up again and maybe I can get some chump to pay out the @$$ for it [emoji38]

I don't get the appeal either lol, other than the floating rocket pack and blast effects, I'd much rather the 46 version of the armor. I never liked the grey look of the suit.

Very happy for the restock as I wasn't collecting hot toys when this was first released. Pre-ordered immediately

The way people were talking when this originally came out led me to believe I'd be able to score one discounted eventually but obviously, it was one of my few mistakes:lol Glad I can rectify that now.

I was one of the lucky ones who thought the same thing and actually managed to score one brand-new for cheap!

But I guess with this reissue it's a moot point now.

Back