1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

Homecoming Funko.jpg

Pulled from MCU page on FB.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

What? Could it be that the Red, Gold and Gray color scheme is real?
Someone mentioned earlier that there would be no reason for the armor to be
colored that way, but there really doesn't need to be a reason.

The other option is two completely unrelated toy companies both made the same non-canon figure for no reason.

The other option is two completely unrelated toy companies both made the same non-canon figure for no reason.

I'm gonna guess that that is highly unlikely. :lol

Could be real, and of course there is no reason why the armor couldn't be colored that way. The 42 and 43 are essentially the same design, and look like just a repaint, but that doesn't mean that narratively speaking there couldn't be significant technological differences between the suits. The biggest differences may be "under the hood". This happens all the time in real life stuff that look the same on the outside but are really a new generation technology.

I know it seems "lazy"; but it could make sense. With a very new suit in Civil War getting virtually totaled I can see Tony's next armor being cosmetically virtually the same except for whatever latest functionality he might squeeze into it which wasn't in the previous version. It's hard to know what the markers really are between models, perhaps like the 42 and 43 it can be argued that they should really by 2.0 versions rather than a whole new model up, but that is really subjective and up to the creator of the suits, in this case narratively Tony Stark, and in actuality the makers of the movie.

I still hate it, but that doesn't really matter... I guess my only hope is that it is 46, but unfinished from a flashback scene.

I still hate it, but that doesn't really matter... I guess my only hope is that it is 46, but unfinished from a flashback scene.
Same here. That's what I think it is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt it. They wouldn't choose such an iconic colour scheme and write it off as an unfinished 46. Also, what makes the grey unfinished? It appears to be multiple tones, not an unfinished metal look like the Mark 2. (I still really like it :wink1:)

I seriously doubt it. They wouldn't choose such an iconic colour scheme and write it off as an unfinished 46. Also, what makes the grey unfinished? It appears to be multiple tones, not an unfinished metal look like the Mark 2. (I still really like it :wink1:)

I'm not saying it IS unfinished... I just hope that's what a half painted mark 46 would be. I hardly think that color scheme could be considered "iconic" nor do I see any evidence the grey is multiple tones. If it was THAT iconic, why would they choose the same exact armor he used previously to use it on instead of designing a new armor? If they had actually tried to make it look something like the ultimate armor, i'd probably love it.

Last edited:

They might be going full "Ultimates" in this one. Ultimate IM look and the young, short Parker/SM in high school.

Being original is a pretty good reason.

This armor seems a lock for it to happen but the question I think more is will they redo a 46 in this? Completely painted I mean. It's possible that the footage simply reused the 46 because they were getting the trailer out. Hell, we might even get one more depending on how the climax works out if the standard 46 isn't in this.

Where do you see the multiple tones? All we've seen so far is the grey just being one tone of grey/silver.

Being original is a pretty good reason.

True, but I think Marvel does some things for no other reason than to just do it. You also asked why would they choose to use the same exact armor that he had used previously, but they did pretty much just that with the 42 and 43. Who knows? I like the color scheme, and I'm a big HT IM fan, so I hope a figure gets made if it is used in the movie.

Looking at it from a business perspective, they will probably make a new IM armor. It's more merchandise.

I'm not saying it IS unfinished... I just hope that's what a half painted mark 46 would be. I hardly think that color scheme could be considered "iconic" nor do I see any evidence the grey is multiple tones. If it was THAT iconic, why would they choose the same exact armor he used previously to use it on instead of designing a new armor? If they had actually tried to make it look something like the ultimate armor, i'd probably love it.

I wonder if it will indeed be somewhat different from the 46 aesthetically? Part of me suspects that Hasbro was trying to be cost effective by just reusing their 46 buck. For all we know the helmet could be significantly different and the grey could end up looking chrome/vibraniumish? (Is that a word?)

Looking at it from a business perspective, they will probably make a new IM armor. It's more merchandise.

Agreed! It just seems like Marvel Studios and their licensing partners would not miss an opportunity to roll out a new armor. Even if it is just slightly tweaked.

That's one fugly colour scheme.

The important lesson here is sometimes not to jump to conclusions. But also sometimes do jump to conclusions.:lol

Back