1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

Maybe he's finds enough to make his mk 50 for Thanos.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

The still from the trailer shows what appears to be Iron Man's armor fully painted. I don't see any hints of gray unless it shows up that way in an earlier scene.

iron-man-and-spider-man-in-the-spider-man-homecoming-trailer-216974.jpg

Spider-Man-Homecoming-Iron-Man-flying-1024x509.jpg

Not only would a vibranium suit make him overpowered but where exactly would he be getting this from? Ultron used the last of Klaw's vibranium on his own body and his evil doomsday machine, and they say in the movie itself that vibranium is extremely rare. Cap acts surprised to learn that vibranium still exists in the world.

Well it's not hard to imagine ways to Get some vibranium. Salvage the spire that fell into the sea right by the mk45 as sokovia blew up(would be a record of it in flight logs in sure) or off ultimate ultrons body which has to be around somewhere also. Or from Black Panther. Or the moon. Or another universe. Maybe mine it from Quills fathers body/planet. I'm sure he could find it if he really wanted to. Just look how often new sources of it and adamantium are found in the comics despite both being super rare. Stuff turns up in quantities ever five issues it seems.

The still from the trailer shows what appears to be Iron Man's armor fully painted. I don't see any hints of gray unless it shows up that way in an earlier scene.

View attachment 323442

View attachment 323443
It's a recycled animation in a trailer. Doesn't mean a lot really. Half the stuff in trailers never makes the film anyway, and even if it all did there's still like close to two hours of footage to go.

It's a recycled animation in a trailer. Doesn't mean a lot really. Half the stuff in trailers never makes the film anyway, and even if it all did there's still like close to two hours of footage to go.

And I imagine those CG renders can be changed fairly easy? (meaning same image just with different color palette). I feel like these designs get tweaked quite a bit during post production. That would also account for some Hot Toys prototypes not being entirely accurate when first shown.

I am. This is just something Hasbro did to avoid releasing the same exact figure again. If anything, it's an unpainted Mark 46 from a flashback right before Germany. But the paint scheme still doesn't make sense, there's no reason it would be painted like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory is the suit will be slightly tweaked to something approximating the color scheme shown on the Hasbro fig. I'm betting Hasbro wants to get as much use out of the 46 buck as possible so they splashed some paint on it to make it fairly similar to what the end result will end up being. Just a guess though from their previous release strategies.

I am. This is just something Hasbro did to avoid releasing the same exact figure again. If anything, it's an unpainted Mark 46 from a flashback right before Germany. But the paint scheme still doesn't make sense, there's no reason it would be painted like this.

Uhhhhh.... why is that now?

Well it's not hard to imagine ways to Get some vibranium. Salvage the spire that fell into the sea right by the mk45 as sokovia blew up(would be a record of it in flight logs in sure) or off ultimate ultrons body which has to be around somewhere also. Or from Black Panther. Or the moon. Or another universe. Maybe mine it from Quills fathers body/planet. I'm sure he could find it if he really wanted to. Just look how often new sources of it and adamantium are found in the comics despite both being super rare. Stuff turns up in quantities ever five issues it seems.

I was referring to them talking about the fan theory that the suit in Age of Ultron was made of Vibranium. None of that had happened yet.

People lose their **** over a Hasbro figure. As I mentioned before, it's probably just a plot device. It's most likely an unfinished MkXLVI. We have to keep in mind that this took place during Civil War. The MkXLVI suit was destroyed by the end of that movie. The suit was still intact during this one. It's probably implying that Tony worked on this suit as well as Spiderman suit.

People here need to be more reasonable and not follow a hive mind when a concept figure comes out. It has no basis in reality yet....

For all we know, some goof from Hasbro wanted to play a joke. Hell, maybe it is a real figure. It doesn't mean it's a real suit. Hasbro is probably capitalizing on the "beta" version of the MarkXLVI, again...Maybe a plot device in the film.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Again, we don't know it took place during Civil War. Unless the entirety of the movie happens in like, a day, which seems unlikely.

The movie itself doesn't, the appearance of the armor and the exchange with Stark in the limo during the trailer seem to be leading up to the fight in Germany.

As was already mentioned, footage shown at Comic Con has Peter watching video of the German fight on video. While it's possible some of the movie takes place during or before Civil War, the entirety of the movie doesn't.

I'm not even arguing the armor is real. I just have no idea why people seem so damn surefire about the movie being set before Civil War.

As was already mentioned, footage shown at Comic Con has Peter watching video of the German fight on video. While it's possible some of the movie takes place during or before Civil War, the entirety of the movie doesn't.

I'm not even arguing the armor is real. I just have no idea why people seem so damn surefire about the movie being set before Civil War.

For sure. It seems from all the info so far it's going to be a before/after kind of deal, but none of us will know till more info arrives.

Uhhhhh.... why is that now?

Not that they wouldn't do it, but it doesn't make practical sense. The paint scheme makes sense for the Ultimate Iron Man design but not for the 46 so it just seems to be trying to exactly mimic it. If it had a kind of overspray look like Hot Rod I'd be more convinced but as is I'm not buying it.

For what its worth Zach Oat from DST is stating that there will be a Marvel Minimate Mark 47 from the film. This is over on the Homecoming thread at Minimate Multiverse.

For what its worth Zach Oat from DST is stating that there will be a Marvel Minimate Mark 47 from the film. This is over on the Homecoming thread at Minimate Multiverse.
Let's wait for them to release prototype pictures. No point in speculating given the very little information we have (one freakin' picture for crying out loud).

Let's wait for them to release prototype pictures. No point in speculating given the very little information we have (one freakin' picture for crying out loud).

I understand where you are coming from but isn't that the fun of these types of threads....to speculate? I mean it is called the Mark XLVII Speculation Thread? Is there inherent harm in exploring these things? Now if its breaking a forum rule by all means I will disengage but I guess I'm really enjoying the anticipation of these movies and figures.

It's more-so that it's the same thought being written in different ways. There's really not much else anyone is adding/contributing to the thread. We really don't have anymore information. I'm sure more will come the coming months though.

That's my thinking too.

There's no reason to invest in designing a new Iron Man if they can't fully control merchandising it.

13415_PSH_Spiderman_3_pack_GLAM_HiRes_large.jpg

Looking mighty familiar....

Back