Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched IW 4 times, DP2 once and Solo once but i would have seen DP2 again this weekend if Solo had not come out so i can understand what SlickVic is saying. To much good stuff to watch all at once. Iron Man, Deadpool and Han Solo (Han since 1977) are my favorite characters I would love to see them all again but ill wait for the home releases as I'm burnt out on going to the movies at the moment.

Next movie i will go see is Ant Man.

Having just seen the movie, I’m a little befuddled by some the accessory choices for this figure. I’ll skip the whole “unmasked headsculpt” discussion and move on to other things.

The high heels? Really?
I would have thought some alternate ‘battle-damaged’ hands might have been easy to include, and more relevant given the number of shots I saw where his hands had bullet wounds.
A parachute pack would have cool. The game token (though tony) would have been a nice touch.

I’m still glad I ordered the figure though, and grateful for the cool accessories it does have.

I hope they’ll make a Cable figure, but I won’t hold my breath.

On a side note: On my way in to Deadpool, I accidentally walked into the wrong theater and saw a major spoiler for Solo! Whoops!

My hopes are v2 will have the right proportions from prototype, not like v1. And also no wrist/knees peel issues. Material on the figure looks different so fingers crossed their learned and went for a better choice.

Has nothing to do with marvel not wanting it and everything to do with how fox does business. It’s a likeness issue that fox doesn’t obtain. Marvel has no control over that.

Best evidence and proof of that is that hot toys acquired the film licenses to produce product. Marvel only gets to sign off or profit from whole film license and not individual actor/characters so if marvel signed off to allow licenseing of the film for one character then it’s signed off on all. Fox does not, or did not, obtain individual actor likeness rights meaning any licensor had to acquire them individually from each actor involved and that’s additional time and money costs that make doing some characters (instead of ones they don’t have to bother with that on) financially unreasonable.

It’s not that marvel doesn’t want merchandise. It’s simple economics. Why pay licensing fees to fox and marvel and each actor and cover the additional man hours and work for approvals from three sources when you can just pay for marbles comic likeness rights?

This makes perfect sense and explains why they haven't announced other figures. However, given the plural in their original announcement, I assume they're in the process of working on that.

Here's hoping they can get it done soon! There's no figure I want more than Cable.

This makes perfect sense and explains why they haven't announced other figures. However, given the plural in their original announcement, I assume they're in the process of working on that.

Here's hoping they can get it done soon! There's no figure I want more than Cable.

The plural does not necessarily mean anything, unfortunately. When they announced the new Jack Sparrow they also said “stay tuned for reveals of new collectibles from the new Pirates movie” and people were speculating like crazy over in that thread about what other figures might be coming. And it was nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The plural does not necessarily mean anything, unfortunately. When they announced the new Jack Sparrow they also said “stay tuned for reveals of new collectibles from the new Pirates movie” and people were speculating like crazy over in that thread about what other figures might be coming. And it was nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Collectibles" and "figures" are very different things, though. Did they release anything else in other product lines (Cosbaby, etc)? That would count.

The revelation about licensing leaves me with doubts, for sure, but how does that line go...

"My mind's telling me no... but mah BAHDAYY... mah BAAAHHAADAAAAY'S tellin' me yeaaheah!"

I choose to remain hopeful.

Having just seen the movie, I’m a little befuddled by some the accessory choices for this figure. I’ll skip the whole “unmasked headsculpt” discussion and move on to other things.

The high heels? Really?
I would have thought some alternate ‘battle-damaged’ hands might have been easy to include, and more relevant given the number of shots I saw where his hands had bullet wounds.
A parachute pack would have cool. The game token (though tony) would have been a nice touch.

I’m still glad I ordered the figure though, and grateful for the cool accessories it does have.

I hope they’ll make a Cable figure, but I won’t hold my breath.

On a side note: On my way in to Deadpool, I accidentally walked into the wrong theater and saw a major spoiler for Solo! Whoops!

Sigh...spot on with the accessories, esp the waste of including high heels. It might be good for a 30 second chuckle, but I can already say for a fact those will never leave the box of my figure.

Well... they announced Cosbaby Deadpool & Headpool. So there's their 'Collectibles', along with this. I'm not holding my breath for anything else.

"Collectibles" and "figures" are very different things, though. Did they release anything else in other product lines (Cosbaby, etc)? That would count.

The revelation about licensing leaves me with doubts, for sure, but how does that line go...

"My mind's telling me no... but mah BAHDAYY... mah BAAAHHAADAAAAY'S tellin' me yeaaheah!"

I choose to remain hopeful.

The wording of those announcements is more about legal stuff sometimes required to maintain a license. Take the Batman returns announcement like four years ago that said multiple figures and multiple scales (1/4 and 1/6) and so far there’s one 1/6 figure.

That doesn’t mean they won’t make more Deadpool 2 figures, or returns figures for that matter. Just saying it doesn’t mean they will either. Depends on how the DP figure does and how expensive to make the others. Who knows, ya know. Lol

I wish they would change the material. It looks a little too spandey lol. A mix of the first one with this one would be ideal

i can’t put my finger on it, but it looks like the suit material is better on the 2nd[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this kind of stand. It's perfect for detolf, 3 per shelf without a problem. I hope they will stick with it for some time. I just wish they would use them for SW too.

I really like this kind of stand. It's perfect for detolf, 3 per shelf without a problem. I hope they will stick with it for some time. I just wish they would use them for SW too.

I guess the real question will be if we even get 3 different DP2 figures to make the smaller stand make sense :lol

Back